T Nation

HRT Hope or Hype?

Hey gang, I've seen a lot of threads on this subject. 

The question is this:

do these places usually give a guy “enough” of a dose to see gains worthy of the pricetag in your opinions?

Would like to see the ratio of good to bad on this. Thanks guys.

[quote]InTheZone wrote:
Hey gang, I’ve seen a lot of threads on this subject.

The question is this:

do these places usually give a guy “enough” of a dose to see gains worthy of the pricetag in your opinions?

Would like to see the ratio of good to bad on this. Thanks guys.[/quote]

Doctors have to limit treatment to be withing normal range. So the gains are limited to that. The result is more of a restoration of lost potential than an increase in your youthful potential. And doctors will not start TRT unless your blood work reveals abnormal low levels… which can also be influenced by ones symptoms.

HRT with HGH is even more restrictive… if not from the costs.

TRT injectables are cheap if you are provided a prescription, it is doctor visits and blood work that is expensive. Most internet based TRT programs have the services and drugs bundled and you cannot get the drugs cheaper elsewhere.

I think most guys on TRT don’t care so much about gains as quality of life. Just from personal experience I would rather be able to think well enough and have enough energy to hold a job rather than worry about gains. Sorry if thats a hijack…

I think rfish nailed it. If you really need it, then it isn’t about trying to gain more in the gym. It’s about improving quality of life… and anything that happens in the gym is a bonus.

Definitely about quality of life. If you start going through a gram a week of testosterone, no doctor is stupid enough to believe that you’re anything but a juicer and you’ll be gone from his practice. The Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2004 makes it possible for doctors the be prosecuted as drug dealers if they are working outside the accepted normal protocols.

If you want to do a cycle, brew up some Synovex and be done with it.

Well that's about what I figured. I understand your points. I talked to a guy working for one of them, the one out of Florida, "anti-aging clinic" this guy was very receptive to questions and offered up the main test compounds as well as winstrol, deca, and even anadrol if you can believe that!! But I assume even that place has to work within the legal parameters on the test levels..

and yeah, the price on the gear looked good, but the test labs were through the roof. Oh well, seemed easy and legal, but the amounts don’t seem to be working very well for people just looking for a legal way to juice huh? I would want some type of muscular gains myself, in addition to the “overall” well being etc effects of therapy for the costs that are involved. Anyhow, thanks for the info. It’s easy enough to get paper gear, which is what I will stick with for a while I guess. Relative safety, reliable, and secure in delivery from my experiences. That Primo sure is nice, except for the price. Maybe some day I will give an intramuscular injection and see some crazy muscle growth like the real juicers do. lol later…

[quote]InTheZone wrote:

Would like to see the ratio of good to bad on this. Thanks guys.[/quote]

Well I am late to the party on this one but here goes.

If your testicles have failed like mine have, well yeah it is “worth it.”

The choice for me is either live life curled up in the corner in a ball, or do HRT and have a life.

As to “muscle gains” in my case I put on maybe 15lbs of muscle since starting HRT. OTOH who knows how much muscle I lost during the years I wandered around undiagnosed w Testicular Failure.

Only advice I can give is get tested, it you are low, go on HRT.