HRT for Women, No Longer Considered Natural Competitors

I am a 46, almost 47 year old amateur figure competitor, who just started taking 2mg Testosterone cream 2 times a day for practically non existent T levels. I will now be considered no longer natural in the competition world. Feeling lost, but that’s a different post for another day. The cream has completely changed my emotional balance for the better. I can’t say it has altered my ability to lift or grow more muscle, but on one level, it ought to considering my estrogen has been high and my testosterone low.

My question is, does anyone know if bioidentical HRT pharmacy’s will make up a stronger dose? My GYN is only comfortable prescribing this amount. What I don’t know is if this is her comfort zone, but other MD’s are comfortable prescribing more. Does anyone have any experience with bioidentical HRT? I am not interested in going without prescriptions for my hormone needs, but am open to thoughts. Also, what about estrogen blockers? My estrogen is high which actually makes me a little nervous. I’d love to hear about peoples individual stories into HRT natural bio iden. and not.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi there! I just joined to day and saw this thread.

I started getting pellets in March. I get 150mg of testosterone every 3-4 months. The first pellet I got I really didnt notice any changes. I actually went through a time where I wished I didnt get it. I gained 10 pounds and I was already trying to lose weight. I got second pellet in July and gained a little more weight. But got my body composition done and learned that it was helping with lean muscle.

I am not a competitor but have been into the weight lifitng scene since I was 14. I am now 43. I had a spell that I didnt work out (a couple of years actually) I have put on quite a bit of weight and I am working so hard to get it off. I have thyroid issues along with the hormonal issues.

All in all I do feel alot better and have a ton of energy. So hopefully the weight loss will come.

I dont know if this will help you but thought i would reply!

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I’m using just cream and love it. It’s been 4.5 months now and I am more balanced and happy.

I’m sad that the OCB won’t allow HRT competitors to compete.

I don’t have a thyroid and wish you the best in sorting that out. Are you taking thyroid meds?

1 Like

Yes, I take nature throid once a day> 97 mgs.

That is unfortunate that they wont allow HRT competitors to compete. I wish they would look at the reasons someone is taking testosterone. Maybe it will change. I hope so.

The thyroid thing is a trip! Very hard to lose weight no matter what. But I keep chuggin along!

1 Like

Hi Ladies: I just joined this forum looking for some information on testosterone. I saw posts from you both. Yes, doctors prescribe must more testosterone creme than 2 mg. Sounds like you’re feeling better now so you may not need more. But if you do and your doc won’t prescribe more, I’d say find a new doc. I’ve had to do that three times over the years. If your estrogen is high be sure they are checking your progesterone. You may need more of that to balance out but in my opinion, estrogen blockers should be a last resort. VERY sad that the OCB won’t allow HRT competitors who are on testosterone.

I’m a former bodybuilding competitor, I’m now 54 and no longer competing. I take once a week testosterone injections of 2.5 ml. I like it much better than the troche or creme. I also have no thyroid and it took years to finally balance - now I’m on a great combination due to finding a very good doctor. I use a naturopath who specializes in athletes. I don’t go to mainstream doctors anymore. For msdyna - was your weight gain water weight or muscle with the testosterone pellets? I’ve gained some water weight and we’ve ruled out thyroid, estrogen, and progesterone - they are all fine. That just leaves the testosterone - so wondering if that’s doing it. Wishing you both the best!

1 Like

Very interesting subject (dosis, compounds, etc.) since you can hardly find (may be it´s just me) information on this subject related to women.

Probably not all the federations of BB have the same view on the topic…

Best luck to all!