T Nation

HRT Equivalent

At the risk of getting flamed, I am posting here for an answer to a specific question.

Just started Androgel 5 gm / day. This is day 4 and I feel like I used to at the end of a MAG-10 cycle. Is this all in my mind? Can I really expect any gains in excess of what I would get working out at my old T levels? Or am I just an overly optimistic butt-nugget?

Is there a yardstick to compare Androgel, etc to MAG-10 to AAS? Obviously the real gear is immensly powerful and it would depend on the type / length of cycle, but maybe we can use a quality simple first cycle as a benchmark.

Or maybe there is no way to make my question make sense.

Hank,

this is actually a really good question, because i've been trying to figure out how to customize AAS to a person T-levels. i believe that average males preduce from 4-12 mg of testosterone. you're taking 5 mg with the androgel...now, depending on how old you are and how much test you're producing is sdependant on what kind of gains you're looking at. so you're not gonna get massive, but it should do a decent job at HRT (hence it being prescribed for that)...