T Nation

HRT Dosage Equivalence: Sust vs TE

Hi,
I’m on an HRT dosage of Test Enanthate 100 mg 2xWeek, but have recently moved to a country where I can only get Sustanon. Can I just switch to sustanon 100mg 2xWeek, or do I need to adjust the dosage for the same effect? And if so, how much? I also take hcg 250 iu eod and .5mg a-dex 3xWeek. Thanks a lot!

There are many post regarding this same question, the answer you are looking for is; Sustanon having so many different esters of Testosterone, the best way to dose is EOD due to the two short esters, one medium ester, and one long one.

I personally had to use Sustanon for a while myself when T-Cyp/T-Enth wasn’t available. Even though EOD is a pain in the butt for some, it worked the best for me.

Some may argue that E3D will work, and that is true, but if you are sensitive to the changes in blood levels (like I am) it may not work well for you.

I am back on T-Cyp and inject 56mg EOD with my doctor’s approval. On a 4 plus week month I still “average” 200mg/week.

Thanks for your answer.

So is 56 mg t-cyp EOD roughly equivalent to 56 mg sust EOD?

Using Sustanon you need 75mg EOD to level off at day 31 with a 244mg blood level.
Using T-Cyp or T-Enth, 56mg EOD will put you 257 at day 50.
These numbers work out differently for everybody. With a 200mg blood level, my Total T is 1025 plus or minus 50. A friend of mine hits 1500 with 28mg EOD.
So the “equivalent” dosage is basically 1.5 times more Sustanon than T-Cyp EOD.
The calculations are not exact as every guy has a different half life in their body due to many varied factors.
Over the course of two plus years, I know what half life calculation numbers mean to me in terms of getting a blood draw to be “in range”.

http://www.roidcalc.com is what I used for the numbers, I hope this answers your question.

Yeah, that helps a lot, thanks!

I’ve been injecting half an amp (125mg) E3D, which is pretty close to what you suggested (292 v 262 mg/wk). If it ends up being too much of a roller coaster ride I’ll go to EOD, if not I’ll try every 3.5 days for the sake of convenience… I don’t mind injecting, I just prefer to not have to do it so often… cyp or enth would definitely be easier in that respect. But, being able to walk into any pharmacy and buy mass quantities of the stuff OTC for 4 bucks and amp is pretty cool, so I won’t complain too much, lol.

Thanks again.

[quote]GrowlingMadSci wrote:
Yeah, that helps a lot, thanks!

I’ve been injecting half an amp (125mg) E3D, which is pretty close to what you suggested (292 v 262 mg/wk). If it ends up being too much of a roller coaster ride I’ll go to EOD, if not I’ll try every 3.5 days for the sake of convenience… I don’t mind injecting, I just prefer to not have to do it so often… cyp or enth would definitely be easier in that respect. But, being able to walk into any pharmacy and buy mass quantities of the stuff OTC for 4 bucks and amp is pretty cool, so I won’t complain too much, lol.

Thanks again.[/quote]

Glad to help. Btw, I wish I lived where you do. LOL