HRT-Baseline, Treatment, Now

[quote]MichaelOH wrote:

What do you mean “stop E production”?

[/quote]

I think to avoid making E worse by shooting 200mg of T all at once. If he is going to have an E problem, the outcome will not change much. He should feel something from all of that!

[quote]KSman wrote:
MichaelOH wrote:

What do you mean “stop E production”?

I think to avoid making E worse by shooting 200mg of T all at once. If he is going to have an E problem, the outcome will not change much. He should feel something from all of that![/quote]

Yep, the smaller the injects and more spread out, the less conversion to E that happens.

Still, at 200mg a week, Id be curious about your E2 level. Post it up.

Testosterone Total 388 (250-1100 ng/dL)
Testosterone Free Percentage 3.08 (1.10-2.80)

Free Testosterone 118.7 (35.0-155.0 pg/mL)
FSH 2.6 1.6-8.0 mIU/mL)
LH 3.6 (1.5-9.3)
Prolactin 7.3 (2-18)
SHBG 11 (7-44 nmol/L)

Getting E2 tested and T retested friday 8am also because my liver values were high. Docs won’t prescribe based on my bloodwork.

[quote]themonthofjun wrote:

FSH 2.6 1.6-8.0 mIU/mL)
LH 3.6 (1.5-9.3)
Prolactin 7.3 (2-18)
SHBG 11 (7-44 nmol/L)

Getting E2 tested and T retested friday 8am also because my liver values were high. Docs won’t prescribe based on my bloodwork.[/quote]

good luck to you and I look foward to you posts.

I have personally found that my prolactin and shbg levels increase dramatically whenever the hrt doc gave me over 125mg/wk of test.

Thanks for a great thread.

[quote]EQTTRDR wrote:
themonthofjun wrote:

FSH 2.6 1.6-8.0 mIU/mL)
LH 3.6 (1.5-9.3)
Prolactin 7.3 (2-18)
SHBG 11 (7-44 nmol/L)

Getting E2 tested and T retested friday 8am also because my liver values were high. Docs won’t prescribe based on my bloodwork.

I have personally found that my prolactin and shbg levels increase dramatically whenever the hrt doc gave me over 125mg/wk of test.

Thanks for a great thread.[/quote]

JCEM says that such a low level of SHBG is associated with smaller LDL particle size which in turn puts me at a greater risk for heart disease (pops fish oil).

[quote]EQTTRDR wrote:
themonthofjun wrote:

FSH 2.6 1.6-8.0 mIU/mL)
LH 3.6 (1.5-9.3)
Prolactin 7.3 (2-18)
SHBG 11 (7-44 nmol/L)

Thanks for a great thread.[/quote]

Your exactly right. Larger T injects cause more aromitization which leads to more E and more SHBG.

You want to inject every 3 days, or every other day.

JCEM says that such a low level of SHBG is associated with smaller LDL particle size which in turn puts me at a greater risk for heart disease (pops fish oil).
[/quote]

Low SHBG goes along with low E. Higher FT also goes alone with lower SHBG.

Low E goes with cholesterol imbalances and endothelial dysfunction.

How is your skin, still elastic or thin and crinkly? Pinch the back of your hand and watch how fast the skin recovers. E is important for skin tone.

Your FT looks very decent. Do you have problems that match low hormones? Libido, ED, performance, lasting power, brain fog, irritability, lack of energy, passiveness.

Your LH and FST are not elevated, so your HPTA acts like it is not trying to get more action from you testes. If the testes were not responsive, LH and FSH can be elevated.

You could test for pregnenolone and DHEA-S. If low, that can reduce the production of other steroid based hormones.

The time I got tested for cholesterol at school I came in at around 132 total but slightly below baseline HDL (32 i think) and LDL was 88 or so.

It pops right back, I can’t really pull that much off of it.

Libido - somewhat
ED- not too much but its not as great as it was 2-3 yrs ago
Performance & Lasting power - I went/go to school that was 75% men. I really should have gone somewhere with more women…
Brain Fog- Yes, plus no morning stiffies or night stiffies
Irritability - Yes and apathy
Lack of Energy -from my tests my doc said I might have chronic fatigue syndrome but I don’t believe this for a second. Note that my doc was intelligent enough to realize I might be able to read around some of his bullshit
Passiveness - Yes

Yeah, I’m thinking about asking for HCG since my nuts seem to be in good order

I added DHEA-S to the Quest sheet and free-T3 , IGF-1 already :). The doc and the staff at his office is good about testing what I want. I am going to Quest for an 8am tmrw retest of Free & Total Test, Ultrasensitive E2, Liver Panel (ALL of my liver values were elevated hence the retest possibly due to dehydration. So there might be an association with SHBG)
Btw my DHT was 32 (25 to some high number is normal) T4 was .9 and TSH was almost 2.5 . I challenged him on the TSH being high and he said above 3.5 (maybe it was 3) is signs of Thyroid dysfunction. At this point I don’t think he will write me a script for HRT but I haven’t tried for HCG.

[quote] TSH was almost 2.5 . I challenged him on the TSH being high and he said above 3.5 (maybe it was 3) is signs of Thyroid dysfunction.

[/quote]

The very old way of thinking was that the number had to be over 5.

Nowadays, the very best cutting edge endocrinologists say that once TSH goes above 2, the very early stages of thyroid malfunctioning are starting.

[quote]plymouth city wrote:
TSH was almost 2.5 . I challenged him on the TSH being high and he said above 3.5 (maybe it was 3) is signs of Thyroid dysfunction.

Nowadays, the very best cutting edge endocrinologists say that once TSH goes above 2, the very early stages of thyroid malfunctioning are starting. [/quote]
That statement was the basis of my challenge. I got blood drawn again today so I will know by next Friday where I stand.

[quote]plymouth city wrote:
TSH was almost 2.5 . I challenged him on the TSH being high and he said above 3.5 (maybe it was 3) is signs of Thyroid dysfunction.

Nowadays, the very best cutting edge endocrinologists say that once TSH goes above 2, the very early stages of thyroid malfunctioning are starting. [/quote]

My last HRT doc said the same thing… my TSH wasn’t elevated but was over 3 and he told me to take 25mcg T4 daily

[quote]EQTTRDR wrote:
plymouth city wrote:

Nowadays, the very best cutting edge endocrinologists say that once TSH goes above 2, the very early stages of thyroid malfunctioning are starting.

My last HRT doc said the same thing… my TSH wasn’t elevated but was over 3 and he told me to take 25mcg T4 daily[/quote]

That sounds like a really low dose. I got the T3 test blood draw today, but it seems like I might have to self medicate…

Edit: its apparent I can’t remember what I wrote in old posts.

EQTTRDR wrote:
plymouth city wrote:

My last HRT doc said the same thing… my TSH wasn’t elevated but was over 3 and he told me to take 25mcg T4 daily

That sounds like a really low dose. I got the T3 test blood draw today, but it seems like I might have to self medicate…

Edit: its apparent I can’t remember what I wrote in old posts.[/quote]

Kudos to your doc for being informed!

I also agree that its best to start with as low dose as possible and go from there. The less drugs one takes the better