Due to testicular atrophy i slowly developed symptoms of low testosterone over a period of twelve weeks. I am positive this was brought on due to a varicocele that formed on my left testicle and i am looking into surgery for a hope of fixing this.
I got put on TestoGel 50mg a day. I done this for two week’s but didn’t notice much of an improvement, i was still as tired as always and still felt crappy. I did notice an improvement in mood and general alertness though. Mental function was a little better than normal.
My results before starting TRT (when i felt really bad):
Total T : 15.2 NMOL/L (14-40)
SHBG: 26.0 NMLOL/L (20 - 45)
Free Androgen Index (FAI) : 58 (70 - 100)
Calculated FreeTestosterone (CFT) 356.7 PMOL/L (300 - 600)
FSH : 2.7 IU/L (0.7 - 6)
LH: 3.9 IU/L (0.8 - 6)
Estradiol (E2) : 73.0 PMOL/L (55 - 184)
TSH: 1.9 IU/L (0.4 - 5.5)
I got some bad side effects from TestoGel:
- Water Retention (feeling bloated)
- Stomach cramps (related to the above?)
- Body Itching (including “pins and needless” feelings in hands and feet)
- Itchy scalp
- Body Rash (general rash on shoulders/upper arms and broken blood vessels on upper body)
- Rash at application site (broken dry skin)
- Still no morning erections and problems “maintaing” normal erections
- Red Spots/Acne on application site (after two weeks)
- “Vasculitis” like symptoms on upper arms (application site).
- Blood shot / itchy eyes (really bad in right eye)
At this point i didn’t get any more lab’s done so wasn’t sure of my levels (this was out with my control). Because of these side effects i decided to switch too Andromen cream (as advised by my TRT doctor).
I was told to apply this twice daily to the scrotum (10mg per unit).
Like TestoGel, i got some bad side effects (i must have the worst luck ever!):
- Bad rash on scrotum (with signs of broken blood vessels and slight bleeding)
- Rash on foreskin area and below penis (also some slight bleeding from penis glans area)
- Feeling of lower than normal testosterone levels (fatigued / tired more than often).
- Feeling of increased libido (higher DHT?)
- Erections still poor!
After about a week i decided to stop Andromen and switch back to TestoGel. I contacted my TRT doctor and i am now getting “Testim” to try instead. I am really hoping testim work’s alot better than the other two and dosen’t give as many bad side effects.
What do other’s think about the above? Being only 23 i am keen to hear what other’s around my age have felt like using TRT?
Will Testim work better at two tubes a day than the above? What are the best application sites for Testim (to reduce E2/DHT)?