T Nation

HRT and Nebido

Hi Guys. Thought I’d post this in the hope that it will put to bed a lot of the negative hype relative to the use of HRT and Nebido.

Anyway, I’ve been training with weights (on and off) for about 37years and I’ve never condoned steoid use. . . ever!
I won’t divulge my height/weight as I believe that this is unimportant as a hobby bodybuilder.

I train with weights 4 days per week and on each visit to the gym, I spend around 40mins. I do little cardiovascular work as my current job provides all the cardiovascular activity I think I need. I’ve always believed that my appearance speaks for itself; which brings me onto the subject of HRT.

About 2 years ago, I was diagnosed with low Test levels following symptoms of weight-gain, mild depression, sexual disinterest and erectile dysfunction. My G.P referred me to an endocrinologist where tests confirmed extremely low T levels and I was subsequently placed on Hormone Replacement Therapy in the form of T-Gel.

The T-Gel had little effect and as such, I returned to my G.P who started me on a course of Nebido (1000mg/4ml shots over 12 weeks)
I don’t think that the effects of Nebido are having a placebo effect on me as It’s been well over a year since my first injection and, well, I always get comments from people in and out of the gym about how great I’m looking.

I’m always (for the most part) full of renewed energy and my vitality has improved ten-fold; my bodyfat percentage has dropped dramatically and, well, what can I say. . . my wife’s finding it difficult to keep up with me in the bedroom!

I have been having regular bloods taken and everything remains well within normal ranges.
As far as I’m concerned, Nebido has altered my life in a positive way!. . . . . .accompanying photo taken in February 2013 and here’s looking forward to my next birthday when I’ll be 57 years young!

Fantastic!

Have you read the advice for new guys sticky?

Inability to absorb transdermal T is a symptom of low thyroid status. Can you post TSH, T3, T4, fT3, fT4?

Many here have iodine deficiency. That is mentioned in the above sticky and there is more info in the thyroid basics sticky. Review your oral body temperatures and iodine intake.

“Normal ranges” is a problem. Such things do not mean that one is healthy, only that one may not have an obvious pathology. We ask that guys post their labs and ranges.