T Nation

HRT and Fat Gain

i am on 600mg test cyp every two weeks and i am getting alot of fat gain 14pounds in 1 month my estrogen levels are normal lots of acne too.diet is 100% low carb pn style anyone got any ideas?thanks

[quote]brunottfn wrote:
i am on 600mg test cyp every two weeks and i am getting alot of fat gain 14pounds in 1 month my estrogen levels are normal lots of acne too.diet is 100% low carb pn style anyone got any ideas?thanks[/quote]

What was E2 at. Thats one hell of a test dosage. Maybe try spliting it to 300mg every week.

I agree, that is too much T and the two week injection creates very high spike of T levels that will drive more to convert to estrogen. The high estrogen levels will then cause SHBG to be high, which will soak up free testosterone (TF).

The estrogen will create mood problems, lack of energy, ED, lack of libido and loss of morning wood. E is also responsible for fat gains around the mid section. So that would be an contributor to weight gain.

The acne shows that you are getting some conversion of FT to DHT. Some of that is a good thing, and for those who are prone to acne, you need to live with it. For those who are loosing hair, that can get worse.

With those T levels, you should be able to easily gain muscle. Muscle burns calories 24x7. Do some heavy resistance work so that you get some sore muscles. That will cause gains. Some exercise is good as well, but that alone does not lead to large gain in lean tissue.

Thyroid levels may be off. Have those been tested? Also check fasting blood sugar to determine if insulin resistance is a problem. That can go with fat gains.

Has your appetite increased? Try curbing hunger with whey protein shakes. Muscles may be driving hunger if they are trying to grow. Muscles starving for protein may make you have a nagging hunger between meals that you did not have before.

Have your E levels checked. You probably need an aromatase inhibitor such as arimidex/anastrozole to reduce E levels. E does not have to be above normal range to create weight, mood, ED, libido or morning wood loss issues. E also can create bloat.

In general, E can park in T receptors and block the action of T.

Watch for changes in you nipples and breast. E could give you gyno. The longer that is ignored, the more difficult to resolve (if at all). If a problem, a strong AI aka anti-E will be needed such as femara/Letrozole.

What about your testicles? They will shrink as the T will shutdown your HPTA. For some, there is pain with the shrinkage. After a while the scrotum will pull up tight against the body and not hang anymore. 250iu injected SQ EOD will deal with that.

Frequency of injections: Some go to extremes, like me, and inject T EOD. Some inject twice a week. Some feel like crap injecting once a week as they crash on low levels at the end of the cycle. Many feel terrible injecting twice a week.

You did not indicate if you self inject. If you self inject, you are in control an can spit doses and inject more often.

[quote]keaster wrote:
brunottfn wrote:
i am on 600mg test cyp every two weeks and i am getting alot of fat gain 14pounds in 1 month my estrogen levels are normal lots of acne too.diet is 100% low carb pn style anyone got any ideas?thanks

What was E2 at. Thats one hell of a test dosage. Maybe try spliting it to 300mg every week. [/quote]

whats e2 ?

[quote]KSman wrote:
I agree, that is too much T and the two week injection creates very high spike of T levels that will drive more to convert to estrogen. The high estrogen levels will then cause SHBG to be high, which will soak up free testosterone (TF).

The estrogen will create mood problems, lack of energy, ED, lack of libido and loss of morning wood. E is also responsible for fat gains around the mid section. So that would be an contributor to weight gain.

The acne shows that you are getting some conversion of FT to DHT. Some of that is a good thing, and for those who are prone to acne, you need to live with it. For those who are loosing hair, that can get worse.

With those T levels, you should be able to easily gain muscle. Muscle burns calories 24x7. Do some heavy resistance work so that you get some sore muscles. That will cause gains. Some exercise is good as well, but that alone does not lead to large gain in lean tissue.

Thyroid levels may be off. Have those been tested? Also check fasting blood sugar to determine if insulin resistance is a problem. That can go with fat gains.

Has your appetite increased? Try curbing hunger with whey protein shakes. Muscles may be driving hunger if they are trying to grow. Muscles starving for protein may make you have a nagging hunger between meals that you did not have before.

Have your E levels checked. You probably need an aromatase inhibitor such as arimidex/anastrozole to reduce E levels. E does not have to be above normal range to create weight, mood, ED, libido or morning wood loss issues. E also can create bloat.

In general, E can park in T receptors and block the action of T.

Watch for changes in you nipples and breast. E could give you gyno. The longer that is ignored, the more difficult to resolve (if at all). If a problem, a strong AI aka anti-E will be needed such as femara/Letrozole.

What about your testicles? They will shrink as the T will shutdown your HPTA. For some, there is pain with the shrinkage. After a while the scrotum will pull up tight against the body and not hang anymore. 250iu injected SQ EOD will deal with that.

Frequency of injections: Some go to extremes, like me, and inject T EOD. Some inject twice a week. Some feel like crap injecting once a week as they crash on low levels at the end of the cycle. Many feel terrible injecting twice a week.

You did not indicate if you self inject. If you self inject, you are in control an can spit doses and inject more often. [/quote]

i self inject i will try splitting it,my estrogen is below 34,just got some armidex was going to take .5 eod what do you think?

[quote]brunottfn wrote:

i self inject i will try splitting it,my estrogen is below 34,just got some armidex was going to take .5 eod what do you think?

[/quote]

1mg/wk really made a big difference for me. It is expensive from a pharmacy. You do not want to waste the $$$. And arimidex seems to be self limiting in its effects, so more creates diminishing returns. And you do not want to push E too low, as that will harm libido, cholesterol levels and can cause endothelial dysfunction aka arterial disease. Body builders push to low E levels on cycles. But with TRT, you do not want any long term low E levels.

If you feel better on 1mg/wk, get morning wood, more energy etc etc, might be all that you need. Once stable on that, perhaps for 2-3 months, you could increase the dose for a while and compare to your new baseline body feelings. I have felt changes occurring for a long time on arimidex, so it takes a while for body responses to come through. The morning wood was within one week. Other things seem to be slower.

E=34: depends on the normal range that your lab reports.

e2/E2: is Estrogen. The lab reports report E2 levels.

1mg/wk really made a big difference for me.

I read the active life is 48 hours. If you take 1mg per week, won’t you be exposed days 3-7? W

[quote]roccobones wrote:

1mg/wk really made a big difference for me.

I read the active life is 48 hours. If you take 1mg per week, won’t you be exposed days 3-7? W[/quote]

The tablets are 1mg and doc’s suggest taking 1/2 tablet twice a week. With liquid, one can divide the dose easily, typically 30 drops per ml-mg. (Always check the number of drops per 1/2ml and calculate from that.) For 30 drops/ml (if 1ml=1mg) one can take 8 drops EOD and 10 drops on any EOD day that falls on a Sunday. The only advantage to EOD dosing may be to fit with other things one might be taking on an EOD schedule.