T Nation

HRT (+Alpha Male) Update

Freddycee

Sent you the info, check your PM

Well, weeny doctors is probably the result of the people’s ability to sue them and therefore go for the minimal dose to achieve by the book results.

If you developed any side effect, liver disease, CAD or whaterver, it could be argued that the too high dose of test was responsible.

More proposterous claims have been brought up and won…look at Vioxx and the oestrogen patch, lawyers are looking for clients.

If I were to practice in the states I would be scared shitless.

It would have been nice if the possible dose for Androgel was higher than 10 g/d.

What you could do is stop taking 10 and go back to 5, come in for your next tests with low Testosterone levels and ask for injections.

‘‘Yes, Doc, I’ve been applying the gel every day…’’

AlexH

TB-
Any chance your doc is located near Phila?

M

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
My total T is 366 ng/dl, while free was 11.7. I’ve been using Alpha Male for about 4 weeks along with Androgel, 10 g/day.

Before I began, my total T scores were as follows;
July 1st, 05 — 146 ng/dl

Aug 15th, 05 --- 244 ng/dl

The second reading was after about 5 weeks of Androgel, 5 g/day.

My T is still low-normal so I know the doc will not want me higher. Unless Alpha Male can boost it more, guess I’ll have to be happy with the borderline depression.
I hope that posting these numbers helps someone considering HRT.[/quote]

Just an update. Those who have seen my past posts will recall that I felt that the Androgel was working for me almost from the beginning. Had the lab work done last friday which would have been about 6 weeks since beginning therapy. My last two T levels before therapy were 272 and 329 I think.

On friday I was at 892 ng/dl with free T at 38.50 No wonder I am so horny. Still not sleeping that great, but energy levels are way up whether I sleep or not. Aching in lower back is gone for the most part, and I am much more agressive in day to day business. NO side effects or negative consequences whatsoever. If you think you might be low. give it a shot!

Im still trying to figure out why you use Alpha Male if your on HRT

The HRT I’m on didn’t help me much. Until I find a top-notch doctor who’ll help me, I want to try to keep my own very-limited production up. Alpha Male does help as does RED KATt, which I just bought.

[quote]hankr wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
My total T is 366 ng/dl, while free was 11.7. I’ve been using Alpha Male for about 4 weeks along with Androgel, 10 g/day.

Before I began, my total T scores were as follows;
July 1st, 05 — 146 ng/dl

Aug 15th, 05 --- 244 ng/dl

The second reading was after about 5 weeks of Androgel, 5 g/day.

My T is still low-normal so I know the doc will not want me higher. Unless Alpha Male can boost it more, guess I’ll have to be happy with the borderline depression.
I hope that posting these numbers helps someone considering HRT.

Just an update. Those who have seen my past posts will recall that I felt that the Androgel was working for me almost from the beginning. Had the lab work done last friday which would have been about 6 weeks since beginning therapy. My last two T levels before therapy were 272 and 329 I think.

On friday I was at 892 ng/dl with free T at 38.50 No wonder I am so horny. Still not sleeping that great, but energy levels are way up whether I sleep or not. Aching in lower back is gone for the most part, and I am much more agressive in day to day business. NO side effects or negative consequences whatsoever. If you think you might be low. give it a shot!

[/quote]

Did you make any adjustments in the initial androgel dosage of 10mgs?
I’m also curious about the addition of
Alpha Male?

When i had my blood taken after an M1T cycle i had 460ng/dl test and 20ng/dl free test, im going to go back again the first of December and see if they are higher considering i had the test like 2 weeks after stopping the cycle. Correct me if im wrong here, but my free T seems high compared to my total T, is this a good thing or a bad thing?

[quote]DRock wrote:
When i had my blood taken after an M1T cycle i had 460ng/dl test and 20ng/dl free test, im going to go back again the first of December and see if they are higher considering i had the test like 2 weeks after stopping the cycle. Correct me if im wrong here, but my free T seems high compared to my total T, is this a good thing or a bad thing?[/quote]

Free T is good. As we age, more and more is bound and can’t do its magic. So, free T is actually the most desireable reading when tested.

[quote]monkeymind wrote:
hankr wrote:

Did you make any adjustments in the initial androgel dosage of 10mgs?
I’m also curious about the addition of
Alpha Male? [/quote]

I do notice quite a difference when using Alpha Male. Without it, I’d bet my levels would still be in the 200’s. Also, I use 10 g/day during the week, and 5 g/day on weekends. I have a pretty stressful job which kills T.
Use 6 Alpha Male/day, 3 days on, one off. I’m also using RED KAT now to see how it affects me.

[quote]mmcgowan wrote:
TB-
Any chance your doc is located near Phila?

M[/quote]

I’m in the Philly area and have an excellent endo to recommend. I’ll send you a PM.

Being that I have seen your posts for quite some time now, and being a fellow “HRTer,” I think I got to add my two cents. What TYPE of hypogonadism do you have? Is it secondary (pituitary) hypogonadism or primary (testicular) hypogonadism. If you are have secondary, I think you should use Clomid for a bit to bring your pituitary back up to speed and then go back to Androgel. That is how my andrologist started me out and I am fine.

I am really surprised you guys do not see any difference with Androgel. It works in almost 95 percent of men. I use it, 7.5 grams a day, and I am at a level of 800 to 1000 ng/dL consistently. I get a blood test every three months. I feel GREAT! My libido is insane and I recover quite well from workouts. Anyway, when I was on 10 grams, it was just too much. My levels rose to 1,400 ng/dL and I was just simply out of my mind, with a fierce, extraordinary temper. I feel much better at 7.5 grams and stay within the normal range.

10 g/day and you get 1400 ng/dl? That’s great results! I think I’m going to have to go to ‘the dark side’ to get my T anywhere near that; would love to find a doctor that could help. Tried a doc on line, but he didn’t respond – too busy raking in the cash I suppose.