HP Mass Sled Work Frequency ?

Can you implement Sled Work twice a day - maybe on a Neural Charge day - by dividing overall volume into two smaller sessions?

Having done HPMASS 3 times at this point, I have experimented a lot with sled frequency. As far as I know, sled work can be thrown in pretty much whenever you have time.

A strategy I used last cycle that worked great for me was performing all of the strength work in the morning then performing all the sled work for the day in a 2nd session later in the day.

Another strategy I used often was doing only the primary emphasis in the A.M. (for the pressing days) and doing the secondary emphasis AND sled at night.

[quote]Fastcombe82 wrote:
Can you implement Sled Work twice a day - maybe on a Neural Charge day - by dividing overall volume into two smaller sessions?

[/quote]

So you mean 3 sessions a day? It can work if the sled sessions are very short and you don’t leave them fatigued. BUT from experience very few people can pull it off, most will do too much. Let’s face it: if you are asking about training 3x a day, you are likely excessive (like I am) and equate doing more with always being better and people like us will tend to do too much for optimal progress.

Also keep in mind that the sled work is really a recovery tool in that it helps pull nutrients inside the worked muscles, so you want to use a nutrients-rich formula (PLAZMA) prior to every session for it to be effective.

Thank you Mr Thibaudeau and Colbstar, for your input. What would be the max distance you would recommend for Sled Work? Could I include a few longer pulls for 60m, or is that too long?