HP Mass and Dips

How would you program dips into the third movement? Would you still want to do 11 sets on week 3 or would you decrease the volume for this exercise? Thanks!

why not?

Loading dips is different than loading a bar for the other movements. I was just wondering if you would approach it the same way.

yeah you would approach it the same way as any other upper body exercise, although I think my shoulders would be in pain dipping that frequently or on the higher volume of week 2 or 3.

[quote]illgixxer wrote:
yeah you would approach it the same way as any other upper body exercise, although I think my shoulders would be in pain dipping that frequently or on the higher volume of week 2 or 3.[/quote]

I like to do Dips so I included Dips in one of my upper body pressing exercises. Normally I have shoulder pain if I do wide-dips but narrow dips are pretty good to me. :slight_smile:

I did week two dips last week and I got through it just fine and my shoulders, especially the left, are prone to pain. One thing I absolutely can’t do are decline bench presses. I was going to give those a try but I only got half-way into finding my MTW and I had to stop from the pain.

It would be a pain in the ass for me with all the weight hanging from the belt. I think you are better off sticking with a barbell exercise

[quote]JoeT wrote:
It would be a pain in the ass for me with all the weight hanging from the belt. I think you are better off sticking with a barbell exercise[/quote]

Agreed, barbell or hammer strength machine, I do BB overhead press, BB bench press, then a HS incline bench,

appreciate the responses