T Nation

How's This Split?

monday Chest and tries: Bench, Incline,decline, and flies. Tricepts pulldowns, dips, and skull crushers.

tuesday legs and shoulders: squat, leg press, leg curls, standing calf, and rotary calf. i dont know what i should do for shoulders (any sugestions)

Wednesday back and bies: pull ups, lat pulldowns, sitting row, dumbell row. bies ez bar curls, dumbell hammer curls, and reverse curls.

thursday chest and tries again
friday legs and shoulders
saterday back and bies

i wanted to use this split to get be bigger does this sound like a good plan to help gain mass. Is it ok to work out the same body part twice a week? if any suggestions or modifications that would be great. I also eat a ton of calories and protein to support a high calorie diet.

Without any background info it’s hard to say. Those days look very volume intensive. Or are you going for light loads over a long time? It really depends where you are already physically and how you’re planning on doing all those. For example you have 3 presses which also incorporate triceps which you then have 3 more exercises for. Just something to consider.

Yes it’s okay to train body parts more than twice a week and make sure your high calorie diet is coming from clean foods…although I was just reading a quite successful bulk thread where the guy just ate anything and evertying and made seemingly above average progress. Eat clean though :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]fightnight1 wrote:
monday Chest and tries: Bench, Incline,decline, and flies. Tricepts pulldowns, dips, and skull crushers.

tuesday legs and shoulders: squat, leg press, leg curls, standing calf, and rotary calf. i dont know what i should do for shoulders (any sugestions)

Wednesday back and bies: pull ups, lat pulldowns, sitting row, dumbell row. bies ez bar curls, dumbell hammer curls, and reverse curls.

thursday chest and tries again
friday legs and shoulders
saterday back and bies

i wanted to use this split to get be bigger does this sound like a good plan to help gain mass. Is it ok to work out the same body part twice a week? if any suggestions or modifications that would be great. I also eat a ton of calories and protein to support a high calorie diet.

[/quote]

Day 1
Incline bench - 5 x 5
Dips - 4 x 6-10 (weighted)
Decline flyes - 3 x 8
Skull crushers - 3 x 8
Rope pushdowns - 3 x 8
60-90 seconds rests between each set

Day 2
Squats - 5 x 5
Standing Shoulder Press w/ BB - 4 x 6
Reverse Lunges w/ BB - 4 x 6
Lateral Raises - 3 x 8
Calf Raises - 3 x 10
One Arm DB Shrugs - 3 x 8
60-90 second rests

Day 3
Deadlifts - 5 x 5
Pull Ups - 4 x 6
EZ Bar Curls - 3 x 8
Bent Over Rows - 3 x 8
DB Hammer Curls - 3 x 8
60-90 seconds rest

You can do 2 things…Keep it a 3 day a week workout, monday, wednesday, friday…than do 10 sets of 100 yard sprints 2 days week to help build muscle and also for a cardio workout… sprints are a great way to build muscle and keep you very healthy.

OR

You can do a 4 day a week workout and do a High Rep HIT workout…u can you workout monday, wednesday, thursday, and than friday the HIT day…maybe look someting like this…

Front Squats - 2 x 15
DB Pullovers - 2 x 12
One Arm Rows - 2 x 15
Floor Press or Rack Lockouts - 2 x 15
All with no more than 60seconds rest

Hope this helped out, good luck

I used to have that exact same split. I found that after squats and leg press, I’d have little energy left to train shoulders with real intensity. So I changed it.