Bulgarian Split Squat
Dumbbell Decline Bench
Military Press
Chinups
Upright Rows
Core Work
Calve Work
Foararm Work

I’m very new to working out and I’m sorry if this is in the wrong place. Just wanted to know if this would be a routine thats good enough to do. Thanks for the help…

Are those different days?? What kind of rep, set, laod and progression??

You might look at TBT By Chad Waterbury its all set up for you then later build your own

Phill

[quote]colin1168 wrote:
Squat
Glute-Ham Raises or Straight LegDeadlift
Bench Press
Inverted Rows
Pullups
Dips
Core Work
Calve Work
Foararm Work

Deadlift
Bulgarian Split Squat
Dumbbell Decline Bench
Military Press
Chinups
Upright Rows
Core Work
Calve Work
Foararm Work

I’m very new to working out and I’m sorry if this is in the wrong place. Just wanted to know if this would be a routine thats good enough to do. Thanks for the help.[/quote]

You forgot the kitchen sink!

Listen, why don’t you concentrate on three, maybe four different exercises per workout.

[quote]W@LRUS!1 wrote:
You forgot the kitchen sink!

Listen, why don’t you concentrate on three, maybe four different exercises per workout.[/quote]

I’ll answer as if you asking me that, and that’s bc I’d get bored shitless with it. Ya gotta have fun when you are going to the gym, otherwise you (well I would) lose motivation.

Ya got the right lifts in there, and I don’t believe you’d be wasting your time at all with a routine like that, being you said you are a beginner for one.

Also, what would be the set/rep parameters?

sorry forgot to add that they are for different days. Just gonna switch between them each day. I’ve been goin to the gym for about 2 months now. As far as sets/reps go I don’t really have a plan or know what I should do. I mostly do 3x10 and a little bit of 5x5 and 8x3. Mostly going for strength but want to get big also. Any help with sets/reps or parameters would be appreciated. thanks guys

is it normal not being able to see your threads/posts?

[quote]colin1168 wrote:
is it normal not being able to see your threads/posts?[/quote]

There’s a little bit of a delay, but only because all messages (from everyone on the forum) come past a live moderator before being posted.

It’s usually no more than a minute or so…maybe more during peak times. But anyway, yes…there’s usually a little delay.

I’ve posted this before for beginners:

5x5
Monday

Squat
Bench
Bent over row

Wednesday

Squat
Push Press
Deadlift

Friday

Squat
Bench
Bent over row

Simnple and effective, cut out the isolation work for beginners.

[quote]The Savage wrote:

5x5
Monday

Squat
Bench
Bent over row

Wednesday

Squat
Push Press
Deadlift

Friday

Squat
Bench
Bent over row

Simnple and effective, cut out the isolation work for beginners.[/quote]

Holy boring workout batman…heh just my opinion I know, oh why no pullups?

[quote]PF_88 wrote:
Holy boring workout batman…heh just my opinion I know, oh why no pullups?[/quote]

So do pull-ups instead of bent rows on one of those days.

Boring or not, simple workouts can be very effective given that a trainee busts their ass during the workout, eats adequately to grow and sleeps/rests enough to recover.

If you like doing pullups just make sure to balance them with rows. They move the shoulder in a different way although they both involve scapular retraction.

[quote]PF_88 wrote:
The Savage wrote:

5x5
Monday

Squat
Bench
Bent over row

Wednesday

Squat
Push Press
Deadlift

Friday

Squat
Bench
Bent over row

Simnple and effective, cut out the isolation work for beginners.

Holy boring workout batman…heh just my opinion I know, oh why no pullups?[/quote]

No wonder people get confused about their workouts on this site. Every other thread tells newbies to basically ONLY do deadlifts and squats, now on this one such workouts are “boring.”

I love that he mentioned that iso work for beginners is unnecessary, where the fuck did that idea get started? Why can’t they do both compound and iso exercises? If you are a newbie are you on some sort of clock that requires you have to be out of the gym in less than 30 minutes? I think they might possibly have the time and ability to perform both.

I do think a routine like that would be boring, but that’s just my opinion, everyone is entitled to there own. If you aren’t having fun going to the gym, then soon you’re not going to go anymore.