How's My Routine Look to You?

Looks to me u are shorting urself enough excersises for one muscle group. if im reading ur template correctly ur only doing one excerise for each body group a week…Thats not good, stemming from the fact that it takes at least three excersises for each muscle target every part of that muscle.

i guess i have no idea what to do then…

Looks like u got that out magazine. what do u like about it so much seriously? did u get that out a magazine.

Look at The Waterbury Method. I just moved some things around and took out some of the isolation leg movements…its here on the site.

i would recommend that workout to someone who has never lifted a weight in my life to be honest. better yet to my grandmother. switch it up to a muscle group a day doing about 5 days out the week 3-5 excersises per muscle group.

Whats so wrong with 10x3, two supersets at 4x6, and another exercise at 4x6?

Ex…

Mon-Chest 8-12 reps
1.4sets flat bench
2.4sets incline bench
3.4sets decline
4.4sets flyes

Tues-Legs (chose 4 excersises include squats and dead lifts)4sets 8-12 reps

Wed-Biceps and Triceps 4sets 8-12 reps

Friday-Back etc.

Satuday-shoulders etc.

I have to busy of a schedule, that’s why I stick with a 3-day routine

well if want good results try adding shoulders with legs, chest with back, arms and abs

Day 1 - Chest/Arms
Barbell Bench Press 10x3
A1 Dips 4x6
A2 Decline Dumbbell Bench Press 4x6
B1 Barbell Curls 4x6
B2 Skullcrushers 4x6
Squeeze Press 4x6
Abs/Neck

Day 2 - Legs/Shoulders
Back Squats 10x3
A1 Power Cleans 4x6
A2 Seated Calf Raises 4x6
B1 Barbell RDL 4x6
B2 Standing Dumbbell Military Press 4x6
Side Raises 4x6
Abs/Neck

Day 3 - Back/Arms
Deadlift 10x3
A1 Chin-ups 4x6
A2 Bent-over Dumbbell Rows 4x6
B1 Hammer Curls 4x6
B2 Straightbar Pushdowns 4x6
Seated Barbell Shrugs 4x6
Abs/Neck

Ok how does this look now.

Abs/Neck

Day 1
Serratus Crunch 4x8-10
Swiss Ball Crunch 4x10-15
Sides/Front/Back x15

Day 2
Seated Knee-ups 4x10-15
Ball Exchange Double Crunch 4x8-10
Sides/Front/Back x15

Day 3
Weighted Crunch 4x8-10
Side Bench 4x10-15
Sides/Front/Back x15

[quote]howie424 wrote:
of course there is such thing…but wud u suggest i alternated the standing barbell and stranding dumbball every 6 weeks instead?[/quote]

have a read of this
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1578184
3. The barbell military press: Let’s get one thing straight: you can’t perform a seated military press. It’s impossible! A soldier doesn’t sit at attention, does he?

read the whole article paco

1. The seated barbell press: Performing the overhead shoulder press seated has some advantages compared to the standing variation… and some disadvantages, too.

Most people will be able to use more weight seated than standing. Using more weight can lead to more growth stimulation placed on your shoulders. On the downside, the seat decreases the involvement of the core, glutes, and hips.

Anyways, what do you guys think of the routine after i changed it up a bit

just my opinion but if you’er doing the warterburry method or a variation of it you get less out of it sitting , its better to do a standing military press since you’er doing a TBT routine

[quote]howie424 wrote:
read the whole article paco

[/quote]

paco?
look mate, of course i have read the whole article, wouldn’t have posted it otherwise. not saying don’t do the seated barbell press if thats what you want, sometimes it’s good to mix things up if variety is what you want/need, just trying (in a nice way) to point out it is not a military press.
personally i have found the military press a much more benificial excercise, but thats your call, it’s your program.

Well is there anything i should change about the routine i posted? Instead of an arm superset on Day 1 and Day 3, should i do tris one day and bis the other?