How's My Routine Look to You?

CHECK PAGE TWO FOR MY UPDATED ROUTINE

No legs on either Day 3’s?

I used to have RDL’s on both day 3’s (at 10x3), but then no legs on day 2’s except calves…would that be better?

Any other comments suggestions etc?

Here’s a few thoughts.

1. More legs. I know you told us not to say anything, but come on man. THe squat is the king of everything in the universe. Don’t ignore it unless you have special reasons to. (Besides, I don’t “trust” you.)

2. Upright rows? Do you want to fuck yourself up? Doing that excercise is just like begging for injury and pain (shoulders in particular). It’s one of those no-no excersices that put the body in a very unnatural position, and should be avoided. There are shittons of better alternatives out there.

3. Well. Im not gonna bother sitting here analyzing it. To me, it looks like crap, if i were to be brutally honest. It’s to “fancy” in a way, kinda messed up balance, could choose better excersisce (fuck it, i can never spell that, im not english).

You should find yourself a proven and widely tested program instead. You will benefit from it.

Also, did i mention the squat? I mean, you squat twice in 14 days? What the hell man?

more legs. 1 compound leg movement each day.

I hate when i agree with everyone else; but this time i have to; more legs man; your working out your chest and other body parts twice as often as your legs; make no sense; Also, only 3 sets of squats; when you have more sets (and more days) for other body parts. There is no reason to have such a lopsided program.

You said “Trust me it has enough (legs)”; however, i would like to say trust me it does not have enough legs. would like to hear why you believe your program has enough for legs?.

1. its 10 sets of squats
  2. ill ditch the upright rows
  3. this is a very modified version of the Waterbury method
  4. ill add deadlift
  5. and last but not least…someone wanna help set it up better?

[quote]howie424 wrote:

1. its 10 sets of squats
  2. ill ditch the upright rows
  3. this is a very modified version of the Waterbury method
  4. ill add deadlift
  5. and last but not least…someone wanna help set it up better?
    [/quote]

that would make things look better, maybe add lunges/step ups on your squat days and glute ham raises on your dead days.

Well I don’t want anymore legs than DL, RDL, and squats. I want to focus on my upper body, as my lower body is very strong and is coming along fine with what I do, and my lower body development blows my upper body out of the water.

I would like to incorporate some snatches and cleans in there

PART ONE
Day 1
Back Squats - 10x3
A1 Dips - 4x6
A2 Bent-over Dumbbell Rows - 4x6
B1 Skull Crushers - 4x6
B2 Barbell Curls - 4x6
Squeeze Press - 4x6
Abs/Forearms/Neck

Day 2
Barbell Bench Press - 10x3
A1 Barbell RDL - 4x6
A2 Chin-ups - 4x6
B1 Seated Calf Raises - 4x6
B2 Seated Dumbbell Military Press - 4x6
Seated French Press - 4x6
Abs/Forearms/Neck

Day 3
Barbell Deadlift - 10x3
A1 Decline Dumbbell Bench Press - 4x6
A2 Hammer Curls - 4x6
B1 Seated Straightbar Rows - 4x6
B2 Seated Side Raises - 4x6
Wide-grip Lat Pulldowns - 4x6
Abs/Forearms/Neck

PART TWO
Day 1
Back Squats - 10x3
A1 Dips - 4x6
A2 Incline Dumbbell Rows - 4x6
B1 Close-grip Bench Press - 4x6
B2 Preacher Curls - 4x6
Squeeze Press - 4x6
Abs/Forearms/Neck

Day 2
Barbell Bench Press - 10x3
A1 Barbell RDL - 4x6
A2 Chin-ups - 4x6
B1 Seated Calf Raises - 4x6
B2 Barbell Military Press - 4x6
Tricep Straightbar Pushdowns - 4x6
Abs/Forearms/Neck

Day 3
Barbell Deadlift - 10x3
A1 Dumbbell Bench Press - 4x6
A2 Dumbbell Curls - 4x6
B1 Reverse Flyes - 4x6
B2 One-arm Side Raises - 4x6
Straight-arm Lat Pulldowns - 4x6
Abs/Forearms/Neck

Hows this?

Can you do pull/chin up? if so loose the Lat Pulldowns. It always makes me sad to see ppl doing pulldowns when they can do pull ups. If you have truble doing pull ups then do both of them.

One last thing just b/c you feel you legs are good and you want to focus on the upper body (Im the same way I know what you mean) dosent meen you should “push” you legs to the side. Doing Cleans would be good for uper and lower body. Would it be possible to add a 4th day?

I prefer doing lat pulls and chin-ups just to get the best of both exercises as my form isnt exactly ‘perfect’ for both of them. I would love to add cleans in there somewheres, but adding a 4th day would be extremely difficult as I am a pretty busy body.

just a minor point,
there is no such thing as a “seated” military press. STAND UP MAN!

of course there is such thing…but wud u suggest i alternated the standing barbell and stranding dumbball every 6 weeks instead?

I know im new to the board but ive been around alot. Looks kinda fancy to me. U should try a body part (muscle group)a day alternating between push pull muscle groups and excercises. giver ur body ample enough time to rest and saves time in the gym. ull see more gains i promise!

well the only thing is i found that i feel really comfortable with this ‘template’

10x3
A1 4x6
A2 4x6
B1 4x6
B2 4x6
4x6

Yea and it all depends on ur intesity and how u train in the gym. i have a friend who enjoys doing like 30 sets of 4-6 for each excersise with no prob. he likes the results he gets. So u have to do whatever u feel comfortable with doing.

My only problem is chosing the best exercises to fit into this template, and the best way to pair them together