How's My Full Body Plan?

Just looking for some input on a full body plan I’ve put together. I’m trying to think of what to do on the last day, any ideas? I know you will probs say squats deadlifts and bench presses but I’m not really confident enough to go and workout amongst the older guys in my gym yet but will start these in routine in a few months once I’vebuilt up some more strength. Any advice would be great.

Monday:
Leg Press 3 x 8
Leg Curl 3 x 8
Incline Chest Press 3x 8
DB Row 3 x 8
Lat Raises 3 x 8
Tricep Pushdown 3 x 8
Leg Raises 3 x 10

Tuesday: Rest.

Wednesday:
Lunges 3 x 10
Hyper Extension 3 x 8
Dips 3 x 10
Lat Pulldown 3 x 8
Shrugs 3 x 10
Tricep Extensions 3 x 8
DB Curls 3 x 8
Back Extension 3 x 8

Thursday: Rest.

Friday/Saturday:???

Sunday: Rest.

If you arent that experienced you shouldnt be putting together your own plans really. There are plenty of plans on this site you can use. And the fact that basically every movement is 3 X8 shows your a beginner look around there are some great plans you should follow and you will get great results.

also, nothing will build your strength like squats, deadlifts and bench.

Sorry man, but that does not look ok. It looks like straight up crap.

“I’m not really confident enough to go and workout amongst the older guys in my gym”

And what kind of blabber is that? Why do you go to the gym? Do you go to improve yourself, or to impress the older guys? If you’re going to look good infront of other trainees, pack up and go home. Point being - you shouldn’t give a shit about the “older guys”, they don’t matter. And I really don’t think they give a crap about you either… so there’s no reason for you to be doing leg curls when you can hit the squat rack.

And like GetSwole says, if you wanna reach your own goal in packing some more mass, nothing will help you more than hitting the compound movements.

I got the basis for the plan from exrx.com. apparently this was a waste of time. i have been following a routine which a trainee at the gym gave me for the last couple of months but felt it was time for a change, and i would just simply follow someone elses plan from here, but thought i was best to stick to the excersizes i was familiar with and know my gym has?

thanks for the input.

You do understand the difference between a leg curl and squats, right?

yes

It’s not completely crap. Not everyone is comfortable with free weights.

If all you have to work with is machines, it’s not bad, 3x8 is a good rep/set scheme to start with.

Yes, you would do better on a Squat/Deadlift/Bench program but it’s a lot better than chest and biceps.

Thanks stuward, could you recommend anything for my last day?

[quote]millar90 wrote:
Thanks stuward, could you recommend anything for my last day?[/quote]

so you didnt really want to get any advice for use, you just wanted a routine for another day and for us to agree with your program?

no, i read your advice… moved on…then thanked stuward for his reasonable response as he appreciates that not everyone starts off in the deep end.

[quote]millar90 wrote:
no, i read your advice… moved on…then thanked stuward for his reasonable response as he appreciates that not everyone starts off in the deep end. [/quote]

Not everyone starts off int he deep end? What the fuck are you talking about? The basics are where you should start, machines have there place no doubt about it but there is a reason why Squats, Deadlifts, Benchpress, and Rows are called the basics, It’s because thats where you start.

You have never seen the deep end of training, The deep end of training is with bands and chains, its flipping a 500lb tire, Its doing 10 sets of 2 with 55% of your max. But yeah your right Squats are definatly the deep end.

I feel nice.

Rippetoe’s

Starr’s

Now go!

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
I feel nice.

Rippetoe’s

Starr’s

Now go![/quote]

You are far nicer the me.

If you’re going to do something, you might as well jump in head first.

Form doesn’t have to be perfect right away, you feel it out with some time. Weights don’t have to be huge right away, that comes with more time under the bar.

Your program has some sense of balance, but I would encourage you to find a total body training program on here and do it for at least a few weeks. TBT by Waterbury is great. And there’s another number of great programs too. The cool part about trying cookie cutter programs is you learn a lot about what you, and your body likes. From doing CW’s TBT a few times, I know that I hate high rep training. I would rather shoot myself in the foot. But the 6-8 rep range is a sweet spot for me. And anything lower than that is great.

Armed with some knowledge of what works for you, then you can create more effective training programs for yourself.

Do your first 2 days as you have planned.

For your third day, do:

Warmup:
Body weight circuit: Pushups, body rows, situps, back extentions, body weight squats. (3 circuits x 10 reps each).

Power clean / Military press or Push press
Back Squat
RDL
Bench Press off pins in power rack
Bent Rows off floor

Do all 5x5 with ramped weights except cleans/press which should be 5x3.

Are you doing this program now or are you planning on doing this in the new year?

Stu

just now i’m sticking with my program that the trainer made and am planning ahead for the new year. just spending time making sure i’ve got this new one made in good shape.

thanks,i will go on exrx and make sure i have the form correct for them. can i ask what RDL is or is this where i get told to go home lol.

RDL: Romanian Dead lift. Look in the Power exercise section of ExRx.

its ok I just didnt know what rdl stood for, iknow what a romanian deadlift is thanks.

Another total body training plan:

http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=04-073-training