T Nation

How's My Fatloss Diet?

Height: 171cm
Weight: 167pounds +/- 3 pounds
Body Fat: 166pounds 16.7% body fat November 7th, measured by those inaccurate body fat scales
Lean Body Mass: 138.5pounds

Deadlift 295pounds@ 165 December 4th

Bench press 155pounds@165 December 20

Squat 183 x9 *Few breaths between reps November 13th

I’m doing Get Huge in a Hurry by Chad Waterbury (3 fb workouts a week)

Here’s my current fatloss (low-carb) Diet

I’m aiming for 140 grams of protein, 60grams of carbs, and 80-100 grams of oil

Meal one (breakfast)

• One and half scoop protein
  • Some strawberries
  • Two tablespoon of flax seed

Meal Two (Lunch)

• Lean meat about 5-7oz
  • Steamed veggies
  • Small 3-5oz of fruit
  • 3-5caps of fish oil and a small sip of olive oil

Meal Three (Post Workout)

• 1 scoop protein+bcaas+creatine
  • 3-5 caps fish oil
  • Usually some simple carbs, few pieces of chocolate or adding honey to my shake

Meal Four (Dinner) (one-two hour post-workout)

• 4-6 oz of lean meat
  • Bowl of rice
  • Veggies and sometimes a small piece of yam
  • 3-5caps of fish oil

Meal Five (Snack)

• Handful of nuts and a fruit or two
  • Sometimes I have some leftovers from dinner

Meal Six (Pre-bed)

• One scoop of protein+glutamine
  • One or half a tablespoon of olive oil
  • Two tablespoons of flax

Anything to change/improve?

I would do a lean bulk rather than a cut. You could certainly use more mass before starting to lose weight. At your age and test levels you should be able to pack on the muscle well. Watch what you eat and your body composition will improve on its own over time, while getting bigger. JMO

[quote]soontobeIFBB wrote:
I would do a lean bulk rather than a cut. You could certainly use more mass before starting to lose weight. At your age and test levels you should be able to pack on the muscle well. Watch what you eat and your body composition will improve on its own over time, while getting bigger. JMO[/quote]

Maybe I’ll try out the low-carb approach that supposedly allows you to build muscle and loose fat, according to Charles Poliquin. I’m asian so I am carb-tolerant, should I add in more carbs and perhaps drop the fat a bit?

[quote]Mondy wrote:
soontobeIFBB wrote:
I would do a lean bulk rather than a cut. You could certainly use more mass before starting to lose weight. At your age and test levels you should be able to pack on the muscle well. Watch what you eat and your body composition will improve on its own over time, while getting bigger. JMO

Maybe I’ll try out the low-carb approach that supposedly allows you to build muscle and loose fat, according to Charles Poliquin. I’m asian so I am carb-tolerant, should I add in more carbs and perhaps drop the fat a bit?[/quote]

extreme low carb (ketogenic) diets tends to fuck up p-ratio(i.e. where calories get stored)

basically, while ketogenic diets may be ok for some people while cutting fat, they are terrible for lean mass gains.

an above-maintenance ketogenic diet will make you fatter, not more muscular

[quote]Mondy wrote:
Weight: 167pounds…[/quote]

This was as far as I got before I stopped reading.

You need to read the beginner threads first, specifically looking for the keyword “bulk”.

dont eat fruit or honey on a cut,fructose is the devil. do heaps of HIIT and Cardio along with your weights, dont cut for more than 4-6 weeks. keep your protein intake 1 grams per pound each day. good luck

[quote]acelement wrote:
Mondy wrote:
Weight: 167pounds…

This was as far as I got before I stopped reading.

You need to read the beginner threads first, specifically looking for the keyword “bulk”.

[/quote]

Not everyone has the same goals.