How's My Diet for Lean Muscle Gains?

Haha, but like, okay. So, I hit the gym, I shower afterwards, and then I’m in the gym 24hrs later. By that time, I haven’t amassed any BO.

Depends. I’m not trying to gain right now, so it’s not ideal for you to study. I can get back to you once I’ve finished reverse dieting and am in a genuine mass phase but since that isn’t going to happen anytime soon, here’s a weekday of mine where I only do weightlifting where you could just bump the quantity of some ingredients. I left out the exact amounts for the one’s that I think are flexible.

1. Wake-up at 5AM/5:15AM
  2. Be sluggish for a while, might have a cup of yerba mate or coffee. Interact with my pets, make sure I didn’t forget to pack anything the night before. Pack my lunchbox (i.e. grab a bag containing it and veggies out of the fridge)
  3. Start walking to the gym 5:30-5:45 (I walk with my bike, so I just hop on it instead if I’m running late), takes about 30-40 minutes depending on how deep the snow is
  4. As I get indoors, I swig half of my intra-workout shake (first nutrients of the day, my first workset is about 15-20 minutes away at this point depending on how I warm-up)

The shake will be something akin to

• 10g EAA (can be replaced with whey)
  • 20g whey
  • 30-50g malto or waxy-maize depending on what I have on stock and the intensity of the workout
  1. Workout like a boss
  2. Shower
  3. Get to office and have breakfast

Breakfast has traditionally been a mix of oats, and oat bran cereal together with whey. I’m going to be experimenting with replacing the whey with cottage cheese or quark and increasing the oat bran cereal and cutting out the oats entirely. This is for satiety, so I can stay focused til lunch

Lunch
Chicken, vegetables, rice/potatoes

1. Bike home

Dinner
Salmon, vegetables

Pre-bed snack: quark, berries and oat bran cereal.

If I was gaining, I’d run the morning routine the same and the other changes I’m going to test I haven’t tried yet so can’t really tell you a story there. You can check out my log, I used to post my meal plans for quite some time.

This reminds me of John Meadows’s “concoction bowl” which, according to him, is his go-to pre workout meal.

It’s something along the lines of .25 to .5 cups cream of rice, 1 tbsp of peanut butter, and 1 scoop whey. The small amount of fat would supposedly help create a steady release of glucose and amino acids during the workout.

So yeah, no problems keeping some fat in a pre workout meal.

Never heard of it. I’m just drawing off of what I’ve seen other more experienced folks do and what I’d do if I ever had a different schedule. I tend to write it down, together with what that person weighs, and adjust from there. So, here’s one of those notes (230 pound lean male),

Pre workout meal (90 minutes pre workout)
6oz of extra lean stir fried beef
200gr of rice pasta
1 cup olive, pepper and brocoli
30gr of rice cake (sea salt and lime flavor - sodium’s great pre workout)
1/2 cup oatmeal with some berries here and there

Intra workout
20gr EAA
2gr l-tyrosine
10gr glutamine
6gr l-citrulline
70gr mix powdered carbs including (HBCD, malto and small amount of dextrose)

Post workout
1.5 scoop isolated proteins (gives approx 40gr proteins)
2 cup rice crispies
4oz pineapple and 20gr dried raisins
(this meal is digested very fast and easy)

and here’s something I found on these forums, speaking of John Meadow’s,

2 Likes

Interesting!

Looks like a high protein diet no less :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I used to take showers after the gym but I do a lot of house renovation and manual labor for work, so of course, I don’t smell great by end of the day lol.

Alright, I will try to find your meal plan logs.

That’s a pretty good diet, sounds expensive though. I also can’t get peanut butter or shellfish (allergy).

You mean my variant? Depends on volume. 200g chicken and 100-140g salmon. But yes I’m slightly above 1g per lbs of bw.

More a consequence of convenience rather than chasing more grams of protein.

No I was referring to Meadows’.

The one you posted looks like lots of food overall and definitely looks good.

Yeah Meadows likes high protein diets him too

1 Like

How is this diet plan so far? (It’s still a work in progress, it should be 3000 calories with high protein and carbs).

Pre-Workout Snack:

• 2 scoop of whey protein
  • 1/2 cup of almond milk
  • 1 serving of maltodextrin carb gain
  • 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 tbsp of coconut oil raw

Post-Workout Smoothie:

• 1 scoops of whey protein
  • Banana
  • 1/2 cup of almond milk
  • 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt

Breakfast:

• 4 Large Whole Eggs w/ Chopped Veggies
  • 1/2 cup of Oatmeal w/ Berries, 1/4 cup of Almonds, and 1 tbsp of Raw Honey

Lunch (Meal Prep):

• Chicken thighs with spices
  • Jasmine Rice cooked in beef broth, mushrooms, and onions
  • Broccoli or any other veggies

Snack:

• 2 slices of Ezekiel bread
  • 2 tbsp of butter
  • Apple

Dinner:

• Beef with pepper, onions, and mushroom
  • Sliced bell peppers or any other veggies
  • Sweet potatoes or white potatoes
  • Salad with walnuts and other stuff, dressing
1 Like

Looks fine. Start like that and tweak from there.

1 Like

Next time, if you can muster the effort, write out the calories and the macros for the meals, so like XXX cals (Yp/Zc/Uf) where Y, Z, and U are specified in grams.

Done.

I have been making progress with my meal plan. I’m gaining about 0.25 lbs per week but honestly, my scale keeps staying around 150-152 every morning. But I feel a lot stronger, look a little bit bigger and leaner in the mirror. My goal is to gain muscle with as little fat gain (lean bulking basically).

I want to tweak my diet and need tips/advice on doing so. What can be improved? I’m also sick of making salads for dinner. Although it’s good for you nutritionally and digestively. I meal prep my lunch and dinner plate and put them in the freezer, so I can take them to work or someplace else and microwave them, eat them with no problem. I also keep a tight budget with groceries every week, just FYI.

Here’s my meal plan:

I was going to say, I pay 9.99 at Kroger for 3 pounds of ground beef. I like your perspective here Activitiesguy

Wut???

2 Likes

Okay, lol. I realize that came out confusing. I meant like the weight scale is not really changing but I feel stronger and looking a bit bigger in the mirror, also, my clothes are getting tighter. So I’m not sure if I’m losing some body fat and gaining muscle.

Hey. Great plan. I have a very similar one. I just started, literally two weeks ago. So far, the result is not visible. How is it going?

I started about 4 weeks ago. So far, the results is not visible really. I’m getting a lot stronger though. I’m doing 6 reps mostly (check out the workout I’m doing above in very beginning of post). I think because my workout is mostly strength training, I’m not gaining muscles but mostly strength. Maybe I should change it up to 8 reps instead but I’m going to wait till 6 weeks and see.

There is literally no difference between 6 and 8 reps for hypertrophy gains.

Really? I read from multiple sources that 4-6 reps increases strength, 6-12 increases muscle gains, and that 12-15 increases endurance.
What should my plan be if my weight still stays the same but my muscle strength is still increasing? I still don’t really notice any difference in the mirror.