Howie's Playhouse

Hey guys,

My Indigo log has been buried, and I want to start over with a fresh new log.

6 WEEK BLOCK

STATS:
-HEIGHT 5’8"
-WEIGHT 210lbs

GOALS:

• Power Snatch from blocks
  • Muscle-up on rings
  • Back lever on rings
  • Front lever on rings
  • Eliminate need for pre-set mobility and pre-fatigue

TRAINING:
-HFSW 6x PER WEEK (3/2/1/3/2/1 with bands, 5/4/3/2/1, 3/3/3, repeat)
A1. mobility/pre-fatigue/throw (activation)
A2. OHP from pins/RGBP from pins (alternating days)
A3. jump (activation)
A4. TBDL
A5. bands/abs/jump rope (AR)

-RINGS 4x PER WEEK (2-4x2-4)
A1. hollow body/false-grip (activation)
A2. pull-up with hook-grip
A3. pull-up to pike to inverted hang to tuck back lever/tuck front lever (alternating days)

-TECHNICAL TRAINING 4x PER WEEK (5x3)
A1. mob/throw (activation)
A2. BTN OHP
A3. bands/abs/jump rope (AR)

B1. jump (activation)
B2. power shrug from blocks
B3. bands/abs/jump rope (AR)

-SPRINTS 1x PER WEEK (ladders)
A1. jump (activation)
A2. sprint
A3. bands/abs/jump rope (AR)

DIET:
-PROTEIN 230-300g per day
-CARBS 550-750+g per day
-FATS as needed
-1 low protein day per week

I will be including videos periodically, as well as pictures. Still hunting down that perfect spot for lighting! I am pretty pale white so finding lighting that doesn’t wash me out is pretty hard.

6 WEEK BLOCK - WEEK 1

I won’t go through and type out the past 7 days, I’ll just give some notes.

-RGBP is feeling much more solid. This is a movement I have previously had a lot of trouble with. Will continue pre-fatigue on this movement next week.

-This week is the best training week I’ve had in a while. By the end of the week all ring work was SOLID. Very explosive pull-ups and tuck levers were solid. This week I actually used skin the cats to get into an inverted hang for lever work. Next week I will be using pull-up to pike.

-Technical training will go on for another week before I advance to the next stage. Next stage will be BTN push press and snatch low pulls from blocks.

-Went to sprint today for the first time this Spring and suffered a hamstring cramp in the left ham. Sucks cutting a workout short when I could have done something else! But oh well, you live and you learn. Now I know that if I want to get any damn sprinting done this year, I need to start keeping myself hydrated better.

6 WEEK BLOCK - WEEK 2 DAY 1

MOBILITY
Hamstring corrective complex
Calve CC
Squat to stand
Groiners
Chest CC
Rumble roll lat
Lax ball roll lower back

HFSW (3/2/1/3/2/1)
A1. Throw
A2. OHP from pins with bands
A3. Jump
A4. TBDL
A5. Bands/Abs/Rope

NOTES:
Had an OKAY workout.

I didn’t end up having to use any pre-set mobility on my OHP today, which is a goal of mine. Left lat was giving me trouble most of the workout. Teres minor felt sticky, and I just wasn’t able to flare the lat. Dug around in there post-workout and found some scar tissue, so I’ll be hitting that hardcore.

I REALLY need to find that inner rage when lifting. I worry more about setting up properly than I do about exploding with the weight. Of course if I didn’t have this lat issue that would be a lot easier to do. Going to be hitting the lat from top to bottom, inside and out, very hard with the rumble roller and the lax ball. No more fuckin around.

Today was pretty low volume. This particular workout is replacing what was formerly a neural charge workout. I wanted more intensity on these days so I decided to do a bit more. So far so good. Took some pictures post-workout but I just wasn’t feeling it and the light was washing me out bad.

Tomorrow will be RGBP/TBDL 5/4/3/2/1.

BRB gotta eat breakfast. Will be back later to edit.

6 WEEK BLOCK - WEEK 1 DAY 2

MOBILITY
Ham CC
Groiners
Squat to stand
Chest CC
Lat rolling

RINGS
A1. Hollow body/False-grip (activation)
A2. Pull-up
A3. Tuck back lever
3 sets, tuck back levers are still pretty week, may just try practicing full ones, lat felt like shit still so nothing felt “perfect”

HFSW
A1. pre-fatigue/throw
A2. RGBP from pins
A3. jump
A4. TBDL
A5. bands/abs/rope
Did 5/4/3/2/1 + 1x5 cluster set. My cluster consisted of 195 on RGBP and 265 on TBDL. Heavy enough to feel great, light enough to press and pull again tomorrow. Surprised that I was able to hit 195 on RGBP with my left lat feeling the way it is, but I felt solid on my last few reps.

TECHNICAL TRAINING
I won’t go too crazy into detail. Snatch grip power shrug from pins and BTN OHP. Did 4 and 5 sets resepctively. Mostly used the bar, maybe 10 pounds on each side.

NOTES:
Overall I had a pretty good workout. Seen a chiro this evening and my scapular was very sticky. A few corrective exercises and that baby was loose and feels much better and I will see the chiro again on Wednesday to follow up.

195 felt good on RGBP. Was surprised that my form held up. Tomorrow will be reduced volume. I’ve got vids, just need to find the time to upload them to YT. That will not be tonight, but hopefully tomorrow night.

6 WEEK BLOCK - WEEK 2 DAY 3

I’ll chime in with details later today. Basically did what I did yesterday, but with OHP from pins and a 3x3 rep scheme.

Scap was super sticky causing trouble on the rings. Used a pretty light weight for everything. Today is intended to be a day of lighter weights/lower volume (compared to yesterday) but still using RINGS and TECHNICAL TRAINING. Tomorrow will begin the second half of the week. Starting with moderate weights and no RINGS or TECHNICAL TRAINING, priming me for Thursday’s workout of heavy HFSW, RINGS, and TECHNICAL TRAINING.

Going to continue being relentless on this lat. Will be rolling my back/lats throughout the day, with just a little touching up on the ant deltoid and teres minor.

Didn’t eat as much as normal yesterday, but no problem as I still ate my daily protein requirements as well as 500+ of carbs.