How'd You Hear About T-Nation?

I was wondering how everyone heard about T-Nation? I found out about this website through Men’s Health, and been hooked on the website ever since. Just curious how everyone has made it here.

Years back, I used to cruise the Dragondoor forums back when that whole thing was starting to grow into what it is or was or whatever. I read some comments about T-Nation there, checked it out and have been coming back pretty much exclusively since it hooked me. I think it was around when Davies still wrote stuff here and Thibs and Waterbury started putting out articles. I think that was maybe '01. I dunno.

They were advertising free samples of Spike (on misc.fitness.weights I think). I wandered in and, after some initial culture shock, discovered I liked the place.

Got sick of reading FLEX in 2002 and started researching Louie Simmons and Dave Tate and somehow ended up here.

B.

[quote]Plisskin wrote:
Years back, I used to cruise the Dragondoor forums back when that whole thing was starting to grow into what it is or was or whatever. I read some comments about T-Nation there, checked it out and have been coming back pretty much exclusively since it hooked me.

I think it was around when Davies still wrote stuff here and Thibs and Waterbury started putting out articles. I think that was maybe '01. I dunno.[/quote]

Same here. I read some Chad Waterbury article on there, had something to do with “explosion” or something like that. That was a LONG time ago. Lurked here for a while before actually signing up for an account…

In the summer of 2000 I was doing some research on the net to formulate my summer training program for my freshman season of college football. I was searching for Charles Poliquin’s website when I stumbled across what was then Testosterone.net. Been reading faithfully ever since.

I read an article about ‘The New Rules of Lifting’ and was browsing for information on Alwyn which led me to T-Nation. At first I just thought the site was funny, then I found out it has some very useful information as well.

How do you find anything really? Most websites people frequent they stumble upon by chance. I’m sure there is a pretty large number of people who were referred to here by a friend though.

I found it after seeing HOT-ROX for sale at my local Wal-mart, and being the skeptic I am went searching on the web to find out more about it before I bought any. Suffice it to say I never went back and bough any at Wal-mart and have shopped here ever since.

I was looking for a site with good training articles and an engaging forum community.

I ended up here instead.

When I started working out with my gym partner, I noticed that was drinking a milk-like liquid during his workouts. He later told me it was Surge and turned me on to the site. This was early 2005, and I’ve been hooked since.

Totally by random. A guy that used to train in my BJJ class mentioned something about TRIBEX and how it helps him for recovery and such. Naturally, I wanted to know more about it, and Ive been here ever since. Im sure the guy posts here, he was big on T-Nation and ranting and raving about getting me to check it out. I never mentioned anything to him, I guess I like being anonomous.

I often wonder where life would have taken me 5 years from now if I never found this place.

Googled something lifting-related and a T-Nation thread came up. I clicked on it, saw the site, and thought I discovered gold and read pretty much every article within the next couple months.

Very few “old guard” people here. I guess that’d explain why the quality of the forum has gone so far downhill.

I went searching for TC on the internet after he left MM2000. I guess it was around 1999 or 2000.

Looking at supplement dealers on the net. My lucky day, theres good info and inspiration here.

They somehow got my address and sent me paper issue #1 and then went to the website form there. Damn that was a long time ago.

[quote]duece wrote:
They somehow got my address and sent me paper issue #1 and then went to the website form there. Damn that was a long time ago.[/quote]

Exactly the same for me. Then I went away, and now I’m back again.

On johnberardi.com the doc refers to this site. I didn’t start visiting regularly until a couple of months ago, unfortunately.

Read some magazine – think it was Men’s HEalth. they had a list of most influential lifting books. One of the was Pavel’s PTP. That led me to DragonDoor. From DragonDoor here.

Where will T-Nation lead us to?

I found out from a personal trainer at Gold’s. Yeah.