How'd He Gain the Weight?

I recently read that Christian Bale gained 100 pounds in six weeks on Wikipedia. I know it is not the most reliable website out but can someone explain what they may be talking about. It just seems hard to gain that in such a short period of time.

Didn’t happen. He was very skinny after filming rescue dawn so I imagine he gained weight very quickly after that, but 100 pounds in 6 weeks didn’t happen.

He’s been big and he’s been TINY (The Machinist).

He’s a super-meso. He can do whatever he wants with his body.

But 6 weeks, probably not.

That’s an incorrect Wikipedia post.

If you trace the citation (to the Femme Fatales website), Bale himself claims “I finished Machinist in July [of 2003] and started shooting this (Batman)at the end of February.” He further states “I�??d put on exactly 100 pounds from the time I finished The Machinist to arriving in January in England.” That’s along the lines of six months, depending on the exact dates. 100 pounds in six months, plus weighing in the fact that his natural “comfort weight” was circa 180 pounds… do-able. He himself admits he was eating a ton, and a lot of the weight he put back on was fat.

Christian Bale has a twin. That’s how he can make these seemingly drastic changes. Didn’t you see the Prestige?

I’m sure while the Christian Bale Twin who was in the Machinist was filming, the other Twin from “American Psycho” was Benching in his living room while listening to Huey Lewis and the News.

He’s Batman damnit, he can do anything.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

S
[/quote]

Best. Post.

I guess I don’t really know much about how the movie business works, but I would assume they would want him to be in whatever shape the role calls for before shooting, so really, what else does the guy have to do other than train and recover? Hell, we all could make some pretty crazy gains if we didn’t have a day job.

S
[/quote]

He clearly pulled the 100lbs out of his tool belt. I mean he has everything else possible in there, why not have some muscles?

[/quote]

Publicity shot from upcoming Batman movie. . .

He probably did Rod Stewart’s diet

I saw an interview were he talked about it. He said lots of chicken breast and did not enjoy the process. He was really underweight in the machinist so much of the gain was a return to ‘normal’.