T Nation

Howard Stern

I’m in LA and he’s not on today. I hope this is a bad april fools joke.

late

It was. I loved it.

With any luck, his funeral will be Saturday.

April Fools!

His show was officially taken off the air in Portland, OR today as well.

I didn’t think of the “April Fools Day” angle, but hmmmmm. The first thought that popped in my head was the “damn puritanical congress finally did it”.

I guess we’ll find out tomorrow.

Careful AR, I was just starting to like you:-)…

Wasn’t on here either (Baltymore). They had two yahoos on instead playing crappy ass Top 40 music. (?)

I think it may be a joke, since I couldn’t find a news story on it anywhere.

If it was a joke, I think it was a dumb move.

This is what happens when you have a bunch of bible thumpers in congress. Then again, most of Stern’s stuff (along with a local guy named Bubba the Love Sponge here in Florida that was recently canned) is worthless to begin with.

I find it a little odd that they are canning him around the country now however. He’s critical of Bush and Clearchannel is company that has very conservative “leadership”. This is why its important to keep companies from getting too big.

please please please let him go to satellite radio (Specifically, Sirius) so that my stock goes up :).

Stern has vowed that when he goes on satellite it w, ill be a 24/7 anti-Bush and anti-Clear Channel.

ah, good times.

He was on today in DC, so I’m not so sure it was a joke in other cities. I like Stern and I hope that he stays. I can tell from listening to him that within two weeks of Stern becoming critical of Bush, he was off the air on Clearchannel stations. Since I don’t post on this forum much I will state right now: DO NOT label me a liberal. I’m not. I more often than not vote republican. However, I do not want to the FCC involved in telling me what I can listen to.

This is a little off the subject but the following is part of a transcript from a well known broadcaster who has never been fined by the FCC. Double standard?

"Lets talk about that secret language Michelle.

Michelle: Yes

Oprah: I didn’t know any of this

Michelle: I have yea, I have gotten a whole new vocabulary let me tell ya

Oprah: I did not know any of this

Michelle: Salad tossing, cucumbers, lettuce tomatoes ok

Oprah:ok so so what is a salad toss?

Michelle: ok a tossed salad is, get ready hold on to your underwear for this one, oral anal sex, So oral sex with the anus is what that would be.

Clip Two

Michelle: a rainbow party is an oral sex party it’s a gathering where oral sex is performed and rainbow comes from all of the girls put on lipstick and each one puts her mouth around
the penis of the gentleman or gentlemen who are there to receive favors and makes
a mark on hin a different place on the penis hence the term rainbow"

The Oprah Winfrey Show March 18, 2004

It was a great April fools joke. Andy Kaufman is smiling from above.

It was a joke, he talked about it later in the morning.

Avoids, grow up man. If you dont like it, don’t listen.

Howard is OK – sometimes he’s hilarious, sometimes he sucks. Usually he has his head implanted firmly up his ass, which is in and of itself amusing. However, people who take him seriously – especially his callers – or who look to him for interpretation of the 1st Amendment, are hilarious.

IL Cazzo, I don’t listen to him. However, sometimes I get subjected to him on the news programs.

Avoids,

Then turn off the news when he’s on.

I think Mike (or is it Paul?) Savage is an idiot, but I dont want him off the air. Everyone do what the fuck they want.

Did the show actually come back on yesterday? I’ll bet the ratings were horrible yesterday.

BTW, he needs to go to XM, I have stock in them. It’s only currently worth about 9 times what I paid for it, & that’s not enough!!!

Fuck Stern, bring O and A back.

Fuck you, Jeff. Sirius is where it’s at. it’s only up 50% from what I bought it for, and that’s not enough!