Howard Stern Advertising FOX News

I have my opinions about FOX news, but I figure there’s no point in expressing those opinions here since I don’t think I’ll be changing anyone’s minds, so instead of posting this in the FOX news shrill thread, I’ll give it it’s own.

My post is about how the Howard Stern show (on Sirius), and why the hell is he starting to accept advertising from FOX news???

He has come out and expressed his negative opinion about FOX news more than once even in the last few months, but now that they throw some advertising money at the show, he’s saying that they’re fair and balanced!???

What a sell out.

He’s supposed to be unafraid to speak his mind about anything and anyone, and to stand up in what he believes in regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Anyone else notice this? Am I wrong about Howard bad mouthing FOX news over and over in the not-so-distant past?

Your right. But he has a pretty big stake in Siriu’s stock. So, if someone wants to throw money at his show and Sirius, I’m sure he doesn’t mind who it is. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander. I don’t think he’s selling out, but he has his own interests in mind. His show still kicks ass uncensored, who cares who advertises.

[quote]Jmann wrote:
Your right. But he has a pretty big stake in Siriu’s stock. So, if someone wants to throw money at his show and Sirius, I’m sure he doesn’t mind who it is. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander. I don’t think he’s selling out, but he has his own interests in mind. His show still kicks ass uncensored, who cares who advertises. [/quote]

Yea, I still love his show, and wouldn’t mind if the advertisements were just regular commercials from the advertiser, but they like to have him do the advertisement himself (good marketing), and he makes the ad a little disorganized like his show (on purpose of course).

It just makes it sound more like he really endorses the thing he’s advertising when he, and Robbin (in the background) are doing the advertisement in the “radio show” setting.

Now it seems obvious that he won’t be stating his opinion on FOX news anymore in his show simply because they gave the show advertising money and that shows, to me, that he’s selling out.

What if Oprah bought a spot on his show to advertise her show at XM? Would that stop him from talking about her or XM?

He was giving them shit today along with advertising for them. I agree, I hate all the ads he talks about. Your right it’s better for business I guess because you think it’s a part of his show. Bubba’s starting to do the same thing.

[quote]Jmann wrote:
He was giving them shit today along with advertising for them. I agree, I hate all the ads he talks about. Your right it’s better for business I guess because you think it’s a part of his show. Bubba’s starting to do the same thing. [/quote]

Damn, I missed that. I usually catch a lot of the show driving to work (1 1/2 hours), but end up missing parts here and there.

I also just noticed that Sirius has a FOX News channel.

I only noticed this because for some reason all of my blocked channels appeared again and I had to re-block them (I block all the ones I don’t use so I can just go from one to the other quickly).

Now I’m wondering it there was a little Sirius pressure to advertise on his show???

i feel like and ad is an so that doesn’t bother me so much as if howard’s whole attitude suddenly changed. a schill would be howard pretending to dig fox when he’s talking straight.

what’s with satellite radio anyway …i mean i like the idea and there’s been some good stuff on it, especially xm, but it seems like each year it’s becoming more and more homogenized like terrestrial radio…only faster.