How Would You Make a Video Go Viral?

Lots of videos are put on the internet, but only the ones that somehow appeal to the masses go viral. Tay Zonday, Star Wars According to a 3 year old, that one feminine dude that cried about people making fun of Britney Spears, etc.

Lets hypothetically say that I’m in a political communications class and my grade is based on the # of views that my video gets.

So how would you make this video…

…go viral?

the formula involves Title+tags+content+ response and depending on how many times you can post it on different sites

youtube,veoh…ect

Use autoit, and have it refresh the page over and over again.

[quote]anthropocentric wrote:
Lots of videos are put on the internet, but only the ones that somehow appeal to the masses go viral. Tay Zonday, Star Wars According to a 3 year old, that one feminine dude that cried about people making fun of Britney Spears, etc.

Lets hypothetically say that I’m in a political communications class and my grade is based on the # of views that my video gets.

So how would you make this video…

…go viral?[/quote]

You’re going about it backwards. The question should be: “What video CAN I make that will lend itself to going viral”. THEN proceed from their with your best “viralizing” teachniques. Makes things easier.

If you knew a lot of Diggers and could get your video Dugg, that would help immensly.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/115

You’re welcome.

Hah…you guys are cheaters.

I think maybe I should have made a funny video instead of a political video that alienates 50% of the people.

Maybe I should post it on some muslim forums…

Hah…you guys are cheaters. [/quote]

Well, you didn’t give us much to work with in the first place. I mean, nothing in that video is appealing. It’s essentially a bunch of explosions and in a world where explosions are becoming a reality everywhere, that ain’t gonna to resonate with many people.

Plus, the catch-line is anything but…catchy. And it’s essentially flawed. The US already lost 4000 soldiers, God-knows how many contractors and a trillion dollars. Iraq lost an insane number of human lives, infrastructure, patrimony objects, etc. And I’m not even talking about the lost limbs. So making the loss a hypothetical is quite silly.

And unless your instructor specifically talked about number-inflating techniques (spam, bots, etc.) I don’t see how you can call my solution “cheating”. The goal is to get a maximum of hits.

The latest polls put that figure at under 1/3.

“Muslim” is a participle, not an adjective. It characterizes people professing Islam as faith. A forum cannot be Muslim.

Anyway, I don’t see how a sub-par video can draw hits regardless of where you post it. Your only chance would be spamming forums (you already have two threads on this site alone), and for everyone’s sake, it’d be better if you just used a script to get your hits.

Sub-par…well I guess I should be happy you’re comparing my amateur video skills to that of the best on the web.

It is true though, this video has nearly no chance of going viral because it’s not something people want to pass on to others. At most, it’s good for a single watch, but after that the cycle ends.

Appreciate the criticism and will take it into account next time.

[quote]lixy wrote:

“Muslim” is a participle, not an adjective. It characterizes people professing Islam as faith. A forum cannot be Muslim.

[/quote]

actually a participle is a word that has characteristics of a verb and of an adjective. muslim is a noun.

[quote]Billmelater138 wrote:
lixy wrote:

actually a participle is a word that has characteristics of a verb and of an adjective. muslim is a noun.[/quote]

Not in Arabic, my friend. Not in Arabic.

Wear some short shorts or assless chaps and repeat the mantra:

“What what, in the butt”

Hah…you guys are cheaters.

I think maybe I should have made a funny video instead of a political video that alienates 50% of the people.

Maybe I should post it on some muslim forums…[/quote]

If you use a script to increase the views it ‘leigitimizes’ the video and more people might watch it. Then it could become truly viral. Would the Burger King King have become viral if BK didn’t spend the money on TV ads first? Did they ‘cheat’ by buying views?

Gives you something to discuss if there’s a paper.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Billmelater138 wrote:
lixy wrote:

actually a participle is a word that has characteristics of a verb and of an adjective. muslim is a noun.

[/quote]

Nobody cares.

EDIT: Please keep your trash in the Politics forum.

[quote]Natural Nate wrote:
lixy wrote:
Billmelater138 wrote:
lixy wrote:

Nobody cares. [/quote]

You certainly have a high opinion of yourself. Just because you find a topic uninteresting, does not mean that “nobody cares”. Matter of fact, Billmelater138 apparently does.

Islam is the infinitive, and Muslim the participle. If you don’t like learning about linguistics, simply your eyes.

Eat dirt!

Thank you.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Natural Nate wrote:
lixy wrote:
Billmelater138 wrote:
lixy wrote:

Nobody cares.

You certainly have a high opinion of yourself. Just because you find a topic uninteresting, does not mean that “nobody cares”. Matter of fact, Billmelater138 apparently does.

Islam is the infinitive, and Muslim the participle. If you don’t like learning about linguistics, simply your eyes.

EDIT: Please keep your trash in the Politics forum.

Eat dirt!

Thank you.[/quote]

Hahahahaha

There’s currently 11 youtube videos in the political communications video contest and the one with the most hits only has 300 more views than my video. But cheating isn’t the answer in this contest…especially because people are really enjoying my video.

The new more sophisticatedly moderate video title makes it more appealing as well.

Day ONE of the competition is over, and here’s the stats:

TOP 3 VIDEOS

1. Views: 1,184
    Ratings: 11
    Average rating: 2 stars

2. Views: 930
    Ratings: 22
    Average rating: 4 1/2 stars
    My video - YouTube

3. Views: 909
    Ratings: 4
    Average rating: 4 1/2 stars

I’m happy with 930 views on the first day, and the fact that so many people are loving the video. I updated the movie title so now it’s a lot more congruent with the final message.

I don’t see any point in cheating since even if I don’t get the most views, I know my video is the best in the entire class.