How Would You Have Reacted?

A nice coke bottle or equivalent to the face of fatty. Someone should’ve taken care of the girlfriend as well…maybe little Bo Peep standing in the back on her cell phone. That’s one stupid bitch.

Dude should’ve at least KNEED fatty in the balls.

In other countries, fatty would’ve been taken out back by shop owner and neighboring shop owners, beaten to a pulp and left for authorities to pick up.

Shit, isn’t there at least ONE rolling pin at a pizza place? Come on, Mr. Manager.

Rolling pin? you’d need a baseball bat for that big mofo.

The attackers back was turned to the crowd almost the whole time.

I would have applied a rear choke hold to his fat neck, and hope that some of the bystanders can at least find the balls to keep his girlfriend off of me while I put him to sleep.

That video is another amazing example of the mob mentality in reverse, it’s fascinating how people can’t think for themselves when they’re in a group. Shameful.

That was disgusting. Too bad someone didn’t shoot him and taze her.

Ya, the mob mentality is unfortunate. One of my dead-set goals in life is to step up when there is need.

A big group of friends and I were at a bar once, and some idiot comes up to my friend (small guy) and started pushing/punching him around. I totally froze and expected people to jump in and help him.

Turned out they were expecting me to since I was the biggest. Man, I still feel bad to this day that I didn’t help him.

I am somewhat surprised that no one is pointing out the obvious… that the man who was attacked did not make much of an effort to diffuse the situation.

The guy who was hit should not have been. However, he did not handle the situation well. He was playing passive-aggressive all the way.

You do not talk about someone on the cell phone when they are standing next to you. You do not ignore them and keep talking when they call you out on it. You don’t do either of these things because you realize that it pisses people off, and that they may become violent as a result.

When the big guy came in, he should have left. When the big guy turned toward him, he should have put his phone away and started talking. Apologizing. Not breaking eye contact. He should not have slammed his phone down and escalated the situation. At the point where you know you are going to get beaten down, possibly killed, you make concessions. You try to be rational.

You were a jerk, you made a mistake. You are sorry that you ruined their evening. No stuttering, no looking at the ground. No turning around.

I feel sorry for the guy, but he acted in a typical, middle class white way: “I can say what I like and if I just ignore them, they’ll go away.”

Not this again. I can’t even watch the whole video again…just too disturbing. And sad that people refuse to get involved while another human being gets wrongfully beaten senseless.

What if someone would’ve jumped to help and
a) got killed/maimed by the big guy who packed a gun/knife
b) hit the big guy who then falls, hits his head and dies

Either scenario you’re fucked. And for what?

Unless it threatens me or my family directly I’d rather have no part in this. Sorry buddy, if I die or go to jail, will you support my family and pay the bills? No, I didn’t think so!

[quote]catone wrote:

What if someone would’ve jumped to help and
a) got killed/maimed by the big guy who packed a gun/knife
b) hit the big guy who then falls, hits his head and dies

Either scenario you’re fucked. And for what?

Unless it threatens me or my family directly I’d rather have no part in this. Sorry buddy, if I die or go to jail, will you support my family and pay the bills? No, I didn’t think so![/quote]

And if the guy getting attacked fell and hit his head and died you’d be a spectator to manslaughter. His wife would ask you why you just stood there while her husband was killed. His children would ask why you just stood there while their daddy was killed.

I was attacked once pretty violently in a public place. Luckily for me some skateboarders started yelling and brought help and it was enough to chase them off. It didn’t look to me as if anyone even yelled for help or for the attack to stop.

I hope I would have done something.

Watching those punches makes me cringe.

Do you think that if just one guy had acted and called for help, would the others follow suite?

This reminds me; does anyone know the concealed weapons laws in Canada? Are tasers legal? I know guns aren’t which pisses me off to no end.

[quote]Michael570 wrote:
And if the guy getting attacked fell and hit his head and died you’d be a spectator to manslaughter. His wife would ask you why you just stood there while her husband was killed. His children would ask why you just stood there while their daddy was killed.[/quote]

Not really, not my fight, I didn’t start the shit and the odds of me losing were far greater then otherwise. Would’ve been unfortunate enough I happened to be around to make matter worse. And if the other guy died this would actually confirm it was wise not to get involved.

I didn’t like it either that nobody did anything but I can’t blame them. Easy to pass judgement from the safety of your home.

I was in situation similar to this, but not as grave or with someone that big, but I did step up. So I would like to think I would do it even in this situation. I have to admit I would be very afraid that, if I came out of the crowd to help, the rest of the crowd would still just stand there.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
thomas.galvin wrote:
Kensei wrote:
\And for the love of God, there are 20 guys standing there. MOBILIZE ASSHOLES! Hold him down till the cops show up. Christ.

People are actually less likely to do something when there are a bunch of people around; they all tend to assume that someone else will step up.

Yup, did you happen to read “The Psychology of Influence”?[/quote]

No, but I got an email from Barnes & Noble about it this morning… sounds like an interesting read.

[quote]catone wrote:
Easy to pass judgement from the safety of your home.[/quote]

It is. So take my word for it - you feel pretty damn good when you step up.

Nothing more satisfying that stomping a potential rapists face into the concrete. And then having what could have been a victim endlessly thanking you.

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
Do you think that if just one guy had acted and called for help, would the others follow suite?

This reminds me; does anyone know the concealed weapons laws in Canada? Are tasers legal? I know guns aren’t which pisses me off to no end.
[/quote]

It’s hard to say if people would help if one guy acted. That’s probably the reason any one person is resistant to act.

Tasers and stun guns are illegal to carry in Canada. I believe they are legal in your house. Knives of course are illegal to carry, and butterfly and switchblade knives are illegal to possess at all times.

One thing that is legal to carry is pepper spray.

[quote]Thomas Gabriel wrote:
One thing that is legal to carry is pepper spray.[/quote]

Which usually serves to get the offender more pissed off. I thought only New Zealand lawmakers were this dumb.

[quote]catone wrote:
And if the other guy died this would actually confirm it was wise not to get involved.
[/quote]

Wow.

The big guy was a convicted drug dealer. Are you guys really thinking that that big mofo wasn’t packing. One of those guys jump in and try to break it up and that crazy bitch has his 9 out the car and busts a cap in all their asses. If you knew it was gonna be a fair fight yeah, but when there is reason to think that the attacker has a gun or at the least a knife. F*** that. let that dude get his ass kicked, and thats his own fault for talking about that crazy bitch when she was standing right there.