How/Where Did You Meet Your Significant Other?

I definitely remember torture seeming a far better option than sharing anything like that with my mother haha

5 Likes

you can add me to the list, although I’m not with the girl anymore.

I married my very first girlfriend, from the 6th grade. We were bf/gf for a few months in the 6th grade, then in the 7th she moved to Colorado (I’m in Tx). I didn’t hear from her for about 14 years. Then I happened to look her name up on facebook one day, found her, and we started catching up. Progressed to texting, talking on the phone, and eventually she came to visit me. She was packing her bags to come live with me before I even made my visit to see her in Colorado. We’ve been divorced for right at a year, this week actually. Wouldn’t trade that relationship for anything, even though it didn’t last. Got an awesome son out of it, and some amazing experiences.

I met another significant other in middle school as well. we dated some in high school, through college, and then again after I got divorced.

3 Likes

Coffee shop, was where I first saw my husband. Then I recognized him on an online dating app, so I said hi. And 5 years later here we are lol

So I guess you could say we mainly got to know eachother online

1 Like

I met him through an online app. I am glad there is technology nowadays.

holy crap this whole thread makes me so happy

A mutual friend introduced us. She had curly red hair, alabaster white skin, freckles, gold green eyes, legs for days and the most enchanting/hornery smile ever. I said something smart alec I can’t remember and she hit me in the shoulder with a solid left left cross. That was it, I was a gonner.

Been 15 years 9 married. We couldn’t drink at our own wedding lol.

5 Likes

You’re wife is Emma Stone?!

4 Likes

My wife found me wandering around and thought I was lost, so she took me home and hosed me off and fed me. Then shots, grooming, etc.

Kidding. We were fixed up by a friend in common.

5 Likes

At the gym. Ha.

I saw her a few times at the snack bar where they make the shakes and after a few times chatting I said we should work out together.
She said that was better than the usual “Let’s see a movie” line.

3 Likes

Found her in the kitchen. 12 years later and she still won’t come out of there.

#helpmefeminazis #ijustwantasteak

5 Likes

Vons grocery store. Twenty five years later and we’ve celebrated 20 wedding anniversaries and have 3 kids. The weird thing is we are now older than her parents were when we met. They struck me as old people at the time but I’m still just a kid.

2 Likes

-Respect.

1 Like

Thanks man. It was pretty straight forward for me and a win win.

I figured it was was going to be 2 things:

1. Either it was going to turn out exactly as I thought in my head.
  2. And if it didn’t, at least I would never live with the regret that I never gave this a fair shot.

She pushes me to be a better person so it’s worked out well!

3 Likes

GOD. DAMN.

I love this thread. More people share please

One of my favorite stories to tell.

I was 22 and reckless with my life. Had a bender the night before, woke up on a bench downtown Charlotte, NC with no cell phone. Made it back to my apt, washed up, and went to At&T to buy a new cell phone on the way to the gym (go figure). Pretty young girl came to help me. We chatted, no real flirting on my part bc I didn’t think I had a chance. Had a hoodie on and looked like 2 shades from death. Anyways, she was real sweet, helped me pick out a phone, and I was on my way.

As I pulled into the gym I got a text. It was her checking to see if my phone was working properly, and then asked me out on a date. She paid for the meal and we’ve been married over 10 years now with two daughters.

I often say she saved me from a destructive life. Special women. I got lucky, bc I didn’t and don’t deserve her!

6 Likes

It’s better to be lucky than good!

2 Likes

Truer words have never been spoken!

Met her the first time a few days after we kicked her cheatin’ ass boyfriend out of one of our house parties and our house for good (small town/college and we were the party house). Didn’t know each other, had mutual friends, but we were both dating each other folks at this time. Fast forward a few years later, she had finally broken up with the guy, I was single, and a good buddy of mine was dating her best friend, I jokingly mentioned that he should get me some info on the hot blonde friend (find out if she was single or not) and it turned out she was, so I contacted her via facebook, laid my smoothest lines on her, “Did it hurt? When you fell from heaven?” and took her on a date, we proceeded to hang out for an entire week since she was back in town for graduation, and we just kinda never looked back. Been together for a bit over 4 years, married for a bit over 1 and we haven’t even threatened to hire a hitman for the other yet (although I’m fairly certain that after I shave my beard in the bathroom that she has seriously thought about just ending it, me, and all of the pain in the ass I bring, ha)

4 Likes

I met her when I was very young. We had known each other for a while but we didn’t communicate well then. As we grew, we could really communicate our affection for each other. We played baseball together but sadly, she wasn’t allowed to play soccer. Well
 she made for a great goalie. It wasn’t until my teen years that I realized how much we cared for one another. It was then that things got really personal. Now, in my later years, I try to follow Christ’s teachings and we have drifted apart.

Sigh
 I will always love my right hand.