T Nation

How Well Does Clenbuterol Work?

Hey considering getting on clenbuterol too help with a cut as i need too make weight.

Just wondering who has tried it? How well did it work? Did it affect your training?

If anyone has any experience with it please let me know.

Iv’e researched it and it seem’s too be what i need. I have my training and nutrition dialed in, just need that extra boost.

Cheers.

It will raise your metabolism a great deal, however it is not as anabolic as some people may say. I would never run it solo without AAS as the muscle loss could be considerable.

I have used clen in pill form many times for contests. I was just wondering if anyone has tried the reasearch versions. What do u think. They real, underdosed or good? Thanks.

I have used both and gotten similar results.

Ok so the clen will be detrimental too muscle mass i have and stop me from gaining?

[quote]mbk wrote:
Ok so the clen will be detrimental too muscle mass i have and stop me from gaining?[/quote]

Yes

well, come precontest time you arent trying to gain. Most of the AAS usage I would imagine (using a little bit of common sense and pixie dust) is merely a requirement for maintaing muscle mass while on a restricted diet and intense/frequent bouts with cardio. You said that you have to make weight so I imagine you either fight or wrestle so I would imagine that your only worry is stripping weight.

Yet again with the pixie dust and common sense, I can rationalize your use of clen. Just keep it on the DL as such actions are cheating and completely un-American. I have no experience with clen but I have it sitting right in front of me. My scenario is the latter, but so far so good on barely 70g of carbs/day. -GB

[quote]2thepain wrote:
mbk wrote:
Ok so the clen will be detrimental too muscle mass i have and stop me from gaining?

Yes[/quote]

i thought this was debatable and depended on the persons own reaction?

[quote]Dylanj wrote:
2thepain wrote:
mbk wrote:

Yes

i thought this was debatable and depended on the persons own reaction?[/quote]

Thats my understanding as well.

its found to be slightly anabolic.

the tests that showed it was anabolic was done on mice I beleive and that was at doses much higher than what we would be able to take.

you wont gain muscle on it obviously.
you wont loose as much lean mass as if you were to just starve or do some other stimulant.

but its still highly debatable.

i have used it between 20-160mcg and have not found it to be anabolic at all.(while dieting)

It definitely raises the metabolism but its not a miracle drug. you still gotta work your ass off to cut weight.

i would not use it without at least a little aas.

Keep some taurine on hand as clen gives some people bad headaches. other sides i experienced is some jitters, only when i was on a high dose in the morning when i add my coffee or redline.

Ok iv’e researched enough and i’m going to get on it.

The general consensus that iv’e found is it is a good supplement to aid in fat loss when diet and training are in check. The jury is out on it’s anabolic/anti-catbolic effect’s, with 2 distinct groups taking each side and a heap of fence sitter’s.

I’ll see how i go and judge by my own experience.

[quote]mbk wrote:
Ok iv’e researched enough and i’m going to get on it.

The general consensus that iv’e found is it is a good supplement to aid in fat loss when diet and training are in check. The jury is out on it’s anabolic/anti-catbolic effect’s, with 2 distinct groups taking each side and a heap of fence sitter’s.

I’ll see how i go and judge by my own experience.[/quote]

your right on that

I dont think its anabolic at all really
but it does help with fat loss.
just taoer up the dose and if watch for sides they can creep up on you.

tuarine like was said is important some people get cramps really bad too.
I just drank a couple energy drinks a day that helped me.

I used research grade (Aqueous Solution), gave me some decent results but I did feel that I lost some muscle in my time on it. I am in constant battle with mid section being soft… So I have been trying everything.

Maaan, how things have changed 'round here!

Okay simply put - Clenbuterol can be thought of as synthetic adrenalin. It’s a stumulant which causes your metabolism to increase, and spurs your fat cells to release fat into your blood stream. So far so good…

However there are some issues - it’s half-life is 22 hours which means that you don’t sleep well while on it, and it does lead to desensitisation of your adrenoreceptors.

Hence, choose something equally effective as a substitute - Salbutamol (if available in your country) has a half-life of 4 hours which means that you can take it in the morning, and at lunch, and then sleep like a baby. It also lends itself to temporal dosing (take it just before you do your fat-loss training/cardio).

To address the receptor downgrade, get yourself a pediatric antihistamine called Ketotifen - 1-3mg effective dose per day, either divided or before bed depending on what works for you will allow your fat loss to continue a lot longer. Beware that some people feel drowsy or have enhanced appetites on this drug (I experience neither effect)

I also recommend stacking with Yohimbine for a more holistic approach… potentially Metformin as well if you are carbing.

Happy cutting!

Tracer out.

Cheers tracer, all of what you posted i have previously read, beside’s the yohimbine stacking part.

I’m not 100% sure if i am going to cycle 2 on 2 off or run it continually with the ketotifen yet. I was thinking it may be better healthwise etc if i do cycle it though.

Cheers for your input mate.

Cycling is good, however, I’ve found that you can extend the on-part to 3-4 weeks with Salbutamol+Ketotifen and cut the off-part to a week. With timed dosing you can basically go indefinately, but your thyroid function starts to shut down - another matter entirely, so cycling is always a good idea.

Basically the protocol I’m on at the moment is:

Rise
4-8mg Salbutamol
Yohimbine + Guarana (in a el-cheapo fat-burner local to South Africa)
5g 40% Green Tea extract in 25g 95% Whey
Energy system work (20min including 2 tabata protocols, usually done with weights/bands/plyometrics or sprints for active recovery and fat loss)

Then another 4-8mg Salbutamol, fat burner at lunch. I generally throw back a lot of that green tea - anytime I need something to drink, I just chuck a teaspoon of that stuff in it.

In the evening, 50g protein and two bananas pre workout, another 50g protein and two banana’s post and then low-carb till bedtime.

That’s brought me down from 100kg to 90kg in 3 months, and got my squat back to 180kg from 60kg.

Best of luck with the cutting.

“…desensitisation of your adrenoreceptors.”

Can you go a little bit into details ?

What does that mean ?

i used it for 3 cycles (2 weeks on 2 weeks off) at 140mcg a day. I found that it did cut me up a lil…but nothing noticeable. And am i the only one who didnt get any headaches or migraines? I kept hearing that i would need nyquil etc

What was your diet like SickAbs ?