How Vain Are You?

[quote]adamhum wrote:
I’m vain when it’s just me, but very shy with other people. I get embarrassed when people talk about my arms or something.

Even though I’m in better shape then all of my friends, i feel weird about taking my shirt off at the beach or at the pool around them, it’s like I don’t want them to feel bad about themselves…

That’s really very vain isn’t it?

:slight_smile:

• Adam[/quote]

Yeah, that’s like me. My dick is so big, I cannot urinate in public because I am scared I will make everyone in the bathroom feel bad about themselves.

• Brother

[quote]iamthewolf wrote:
jchenky wrote:
I sit at my office and lift up my shirt and flex my abs to see if I can see them yet… lol

I wouldn’t say that I am vain though.

are you kidding? you’re so vain you posted it twice.[/quote]

Haha! I was going to bring that up but you beat me to it…

clouds in my coffee, clouds in my coffee and… i’m vain as shit.

[quote]itsthenickman wrote:
clouds in my coffee, clouds in my coffee and… i’m vain as shit. [/quote]

I bet we all think this thread is about us.

D

[quote]jchenky wrote:
iamthewolf wrote:
jchenky wrote:
I sit at my office and lift up my shirt and flex my abs to see if I can see them yet… lol

I wouldn’t say that I am vain though.

are you kidding? you’re so vain you posted it twice.

Haha! I was going to bring that up but you beat me to it…[/quote]

i’m just so vain i had to post it first.

Flexing hurts, so I don’t do it that often.

When people compliment me or ask me if I lift I usually pull a front double bi and scream ‘‘fuck yeah!’’ as loud as I can. It rocks…

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
can’t walk by a mirror without checkin myself out.
[/quote]

Honestly though, I don’t think anybody can…

i dont think bodybuilding HAS to be vain. it just kinda ends up that way. i usually start flexing in the mirror to check my progress. then i end up flexing for like 20 minutes and imagining myself as a superhero and beating the crap out of bad guys. then reality sets in and i remember that at 160 lbs im just a giant pubic hair in the bodybuilding world. i stop flexing all the sudden and continue on with my day, feeling rather ashamed of myself…

Well yes, you work hard on something, you take pride in the results. It’s natural. If you built a house, wouldn’t you appreciate its beauty more than the rest on the street?

[quote]adamhum wrote:
We probably think this thread is about us![/quote]

Darn you! I was going to say this…

When you’ve got extreme shred and your mighty swole is so yoked you can’t help but check it.

If I had a giant mirror in my room, I would have sex Patrick Bateman style in American Psycho.

Last night my teenage daughter caught me checking my abs in a mirror. She said it looked like all the pictures of the teen boys on Facebook with their shirts pulled up admiring hot abz. I laughed and said yeah, too bad I’m a lot bigger though :slight_smile:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

P.S. Sometimes I rub my nipples through my shirt in public because it feels good.[/quote]

You do that too, no way! LOL

Never flex in public or at the gym. I’ve been trying to learn how to pose though and admit to spending considerable time in front of the mirror at home. My ex thinks I’m crazy (one good reason he is an ex, he didn’t enjoy the show).
OK, I’ll put my narcissist troll back under my bed now.

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
If I had a giant mirror in my room, I would have sex Patrick Bateman style in American Psycho.[/quote]

high five

I think I am pretty bad at home, I will flex in the mirror after a shower, or when I get home from a hard workout. While in public, not a chance.

I don’t see how you could lift and not be vain. It’s kind of… why we do it.

That being said, I’m really vain and I know it. Whatever.

it’s nice to have a women who trains just as hard as i do. she was standing over the top of me at the park the other day, she hit a lat spread and totally blocked out the sun! We do mandatory poses as foreplay.

Shit, i’ve trained at “fitness centers” before, not to be mistaken for gyms, and in between sets i flex the muscle group that i’m training; it helps connect the mind, helps the pump, and helps with overall hardness.

lil’ guys and fat women might look at you like you are crazy but fuck it, when i’m at the gym it’s my time, i love that time, so fuck anyone for looking at me nutty for flexing. some people don’t get it and that’s why they look like they don’t even train.

I uncontrollably do the pec-dance all day at work when I’m sitting at my desk. I started practicing being able to actively flex my pecs more because they are a lagging body part (working on mind-muscle connection) and I did it so much that now I do it subconsciously. Kind of embarrassing really when I’m talking to someone and they point out my pecs are moving and I didn’t even realize they were.

[quote]cyruseven75 wrote:

Shit, i’ve trained at “fitness centers” before, not to be mistaken for gyms, and in between sets i flex the muscle group that i’m training; it helps connect the mind, helps the pump, and helps with overall hardness. lil’ guys and fat women might look at you like you are crazy but fuck it, when i’m at the gym it’s my time, [/quote]

Does this really help a lot, or are you and Josh just rationalizing it?