How Vain Are You?

I catch myself flexing my bicep at my desk pretty frequently. I never show off to other people though.

How vain are you?

Does bodybuilding and vanity go hand in hand?

Not very … at least in my own mind

and to answer your question: Bodybuilding and vanity DO go hand in hand. Think about it, it’s a sport/hobby/lifestyle that to be a part of it you HAVE to be fully aware of your appearance.

I think if you’re a bodybuilder and you’re not flexing in the mirror, something is probably wrong with you. However, when people catch you doing it at your desk they’ll probably think you’re a huge toolbag.

But yeah, I think bodybuilding is a somewhat vain sport.

can’t walk by a mirror without checkin myself out.

I don’t go around flexing though, that’s saved for home

We probably think this thread is about us!

Well, I’m a toolbag too then… ha ha. I do that shit all the time at my desk.

Especially when I’m at home. When the wife catches me she always gives me a hard time. “I thought you were up here masturbating, nope just flexing like a loser. Gonna kiss your biceps now too?”

“nO honey, I’m evaluating my progress.”

“No your beating off, just without the happy ending.” Kisses her arms as she walks out.

EDITED: alone to at home.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

Especially when I’m at home. When the wife catches me she always gives me a hard time. “I thought you were up here masturbating, nope just flexing like a loser. Gonna kiss your biceps now too?”

“No your beating off, just without the happy ending.” Kisses her arms as she walks out.

EDITED: alone to at home.[/quote]

LOL. My GF always catches me flexing in the mirror, and for some reason I always feel guilty about it like I’m some sort of narcissist.

I walk around sometimes with the family and flex my arm and ask “does this look swollen to you?”…

I sit at my office and lift up my shirt and flex my abs to see if I can see them yet… lol

I wouldn’t say that I am vain though.

I sit at my office and lift up my shirt and flex my abs to see if I can see them yet… lol

I wouldn’t say that I am vain though.

[quote]markdp wrote:

LOL. My GF always catches me flexing in the mirror, and for some reason I always feel guilty about it like I’m some sort of narcissist.[/quote]

Hells yeah I feel guilty like a homo too. So weird. I do all this work, and feel ashamed to look at it…

I wonder if I would feel guilty if she actually caught me spanking it… hmmm

Wow! I wish I worked at your office:)

[quote]jchenky wrote:

I wouldn’t say that I am vain though.[/quote]

[quote]jchenky wrote:

Haha! I am constantly playing with my arms and my abs at my desk. I walked in on a woman in my office checking her abs out in the mirror lol. She was embarrassed. But she had nice abs though!

I think I’m pretty vain now but I never used to be. It is good and bad I suppose. I try to hide my vanity IRL. Not so much around here. I think I used to be more comfortable in my own skin when I was sure that no one was looking.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

EDITED: alone to at home.[/quote]

lol!

I do this all the time, sometimes in meetings, and in the class room. Like I am in my own world, I’ll just pull up my sleeve and flex.

Just like last night, I was bowling and I was thinking how the last time I did curls I really felt a good pump. Next thing I know I am sitting in the middle of about eight people just flexing away for no other reason to please my self. Not aware that it was my turn to bowl.

I did the abs thing one time I was in a meeting, I had three piece suit on. Just shows how out of it I can get.

• Brother

P.S. Sometimes I rub my nipples through my shirt in public because it feels good.

I’m vain when it’s just me, but very shy with other people. I get embarrassed when people talk about my arms or something.

Even though I’m in better shape then all of my friends, i feel weird about taking my shirt off at the beach or at the pool around them, it’s like I don’t want them to feel bad about themselves…

That’s really very vain isn’t it?

:slight_smile:

• Adam

I know this frog is judging me for being so vain!

[quote]adamhum wrote:
I know this frog is judging me for being so vain!

[/quote]

lol

I find myself flexing my forearms all the time. I like seeing the veins and the definition.

Yeah ok. Maybe I am a little vain.

[quote]jchenky wrote:

are you kidding? you’re so vain you posted it twice.