How Trustworthy is the MSM?

Trump campaigned that he had a secret plan to defeat ISIS in 30 days. Why is the MSM ignoring the defeat of ISIS by Trump? How biased are they that they can’t report on the guy who single handedly destroyed them.

Unreal. Even Alex Jones missed it

1 Like

CNN is fake news!

Fake News from the AP

Overall I have a hard time trusting them. Which is why I use both left and right leaning sources for my information. At least the facts they both agree on I can take as fact, fairly safely.
The problem isn’t even a matter of whether or not they are reporting the truth, it’s where they put their focus which appears to be all fluff and no substance.
ISIS is losing the war, troops are moving into Raqqa and almost have fully taken over Mosul. <-That’s a big deal, but say if I go to CNN right now … okay well, they are covering the Putin and Trump meeting so that’s actually important. But have the time it’s about some tweet or how yet another celebrity doesn’t like Trump. I don’t give a damn about that stuff. I do give a damn about the war with ISIS and how it’s being handled.
Raqqa is surrounded, there is no where for ISIS to go, save for sneaking through humanitarian corridors and hope they don’t get spotted. Where as in Mosul, ISIS is scattering because the city is not surrounded. They can easily blend into the desert and pop up else where, probably Libya.
That’s news.

So for me it’s not even a case where they are lying or not lying, its that they are smut peddlers just like the other smut peddlers but they use a legit banner to pander to the lowest common denominator of meaninglessness.
Since when has every SNL skit been a news story? Or when has a joke made by a comedian about a president been news? But that’s the garbage they sell. We have wars, droughts, humanitarian crisis’s, natural disasters, etc. All of which are way more important than the latest jab by Colbert.

It’s like the news has been inverted, back page stuff is front page and vice versa.

2 Likes

MSM is more like a political tool,they spread fear when suppression is needed for political winning,its to control and lead than anything else,‘learn’ us how to behave and treat each other. Politicians biggest challenge is to keep the overall control of the population,dumb down and keep us busy from the actual important things in the world.

In my country Norway,tv was introduced in 1954 with test-broadcasts,this was an important step to move society forward was said,post-ww2 to control with the horrors that the war created. The minister back then ensured the people that ‘this technology is nothing to be afraid of,its simply to entertain and lead’ lol!
Here at my house i have terminated my tv-subscription and do not miss it,follow the highlights of the world via internett. I do own a tv for a good movie now and then but its not often,i like music,its my life. MSM is a dying breed,its is collapsing under its own weight slowly but sure,people are tired of the shit they spew,more and more people are coming to this realisation thank god!

1 Like

Nice article about how models for news and information have changed dramatically. Long, but worth the read. Some insightful observations about the impacts of the web and social media on news quality and bias. Historically speaking, we’ve never seen this before.

We’ve been talking more in my house about the downside of 24/7 information, often of an emotional or low quality, and the “need” to feel like you’re informed weighed against the downsides (productivity and mental health, happiness).

2 Likes

This is really worth watching, and sharing with your older high school or college-aged children if you have them.

In other news, now that Bannon has headed back to Breitbart, I came across this guy this week. Lee Stranahan (formerly of Breitbart) is now putting out a bunch of deep state conspiracy theory type garbage. About C’ville, he put out some convoluted conspiracy theory about the CIA, the white supremacist driver, the DNC, White Supremacists in the Ukraine, Hillary, and John McCain, and Evan McMullin. Beyond bizarre. I won’t link to it, but it seems like we have more people caught up in these absurd conspiracy theories.

3 Likes

Thank God therajraj is gone. What an idiot.

He posts about once every three days with a new gimmick account

1 Like

Tell him I said hi.

I don’t believe all that shit and I have They Live as my avatar for fuck’s sake.

1 Like

One of the great sci-fi movies. I’ve always appreciated that about you!

1 Like

"Ask [director John Carpenter] about “They Live,” his subversive sci-fi flick that starred professional wrestler “Rowdy” Roddy Piper as the film’s blue-collar hero Nada, who discovers an alien conspiracy to mind-control the people of Earth using invisible messages, and he’ll admit that it’s his most political movie — his response to consumerism and class disparity in the 1980s.

“By the end of the ’70s there was a backlash against everything in the ’60s, and that’s what the ’80s were, and Ronald Reagan became president, and Reaganomics came in,” Carpenter said at the fourth annual Hero Complex Film Festival, where he appeared for an onstage Q&A between sold-out screenings of “They Live” and “Halloween” at the Chinese 6 Theatres in Hollywood.

“So a lot of the ideals that I grew up with were under assault, and something called a yuppie came into existence, and they just wanted money,” he said. “And so by the late ’80s, I’d had enough, and I decided I had to make a statement, as stupid and banal as it is, but I made one, so that’s ‘They Live.’ … I just love that it was giving the finger to Reagan when nobody else would."

3 Likes

Loving it, even though I’m a Reagan fan. I’ve liked the majority of Carpenter’s work.

Wait a sec…

That’s not McGyver?

2 Likes

Honi soit qui mal y pense…

Oh no!!!

Even more, oh no!!

Just google CNN connection loss and if that won´t convince you, maybe you do not want to be convinced?

And while you’re there, google ‘the earth is flat.’ Likewise, if that doesn’t convince you, it can’t be because it isn’t true; rather, it’s because you don’t want to be convinced.

1 Like

At this point, if the CNN feed mysteriously cuts out when someone mentions it, I would look into it,