How Trustworthy is the MSM?

Question: Media outlet posts something that turns out to be wrong. What path would you like them to take? Let’s say you’re 100% in charge. What do you have them do apart from issuing a retraction and apologizing?

2 Likes

Not print an editorial editorial deflecting blame after an assassination attempt… where the central premise is 100% false. Yeah, don’t do that in the first place. Just a thought.

NYT doesn’t care if they get the facts right, so long as what’s written is anti-Trump.

1 Like

have

It’s constant fake news

I’m not asking if they should publish false articles. I’m asking what the course should be when it happens. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a media outlet with 100% accuracy, hence the question (as it applies to every network).

Many of these journalists are completely lazy, simply don’t care or often are engaging in journalistic activism.

Don’t forget journalists overwhelmingly donated to the Clinton campaign.

A retraction is fine in a world where stories are rarely grossly misreported. That isn’t however the current environment

Agreed, however this happens on both sides of the aisle.

Is that surprising when Trump spent his entire campaign demonizing the media? Are you also concerned that the coal industry supported Trump? [quote=“therajraj, post:106, topic:230683”]
A retraction is fine in a world where stories are rarely grossly misreported. That isn’t however the current environment
[/quote]

So how would you like to see the corporate beast handle incorrect stories in the current environment?

Raj should a party elect someone who says the reputation of a man is amazing when they have said the following things:

Boston Marathon false.
9/11 false.
Bin Laden dead in 2001.
Aurora shooting staged.
BP oil spill another false flag.
Sandy Hook false.
Seal Team 6 crash staged.

1 Like

I have no idea whether Trump was actually in the same room as Scalise, but it wouldn’t be at all surprising if he wasn’t. Scalise had just had emergency surgery, and was (is) in critical condition. There’s a lot going on in such a room, and unnecessary visitors are usually barred. I’m sure everyone here (of a certain age) has had a friend/acquaintance involved in a serious accident, and when you went to see them you weren’t allowed in the room–rather, you expressed support and condolences to family members in the waiting area, and hung out for a bit. The fact that you didn’t actually lay eyes on the critically-injured individual doesn’t mean you ‘didn’t really go see them in the hospital.’

wait why is it a big deal if he went in the room or not? He gave blessings on TV what else can he do? Despite what Trump supporters think hes not Orange Jesus

That’s my point–it’s no big deal if you don’t actually enter the room of someone who is in critical condition in the hospital. I suppose the only way to make it a big deal is if you make a big public fuss over having entered the room when you actually didn’t. (I’m not saying that’s what transpired.)

OP: Is Alex Jones trustworthy and if not why would a Presidential candidate talk about his amazing reputation and why would that untrustworthy person say that 90% of his supporters liked him?

1 Like

"said something in Arabic "

Give him the benefit of the doubt. He could have said “fuck the police” in Arabic as he stabbed a cop. No connection to wahabisim.

Just wondering Raj your opinion of Alex Jones having Trump being a big fan of him?

You tend to ignore stuff that flies in the face of what you want. Luckily I’m around to keep bringing it to your attention. Does Donald Trump support fake news?

1 Like

MSNBC : supporting Trump like hugging a suicide bomber

Has MSNBC ever had Alex Jones on? Have you heard of him?

You know she is a Republican, yes? Was a top advisor to Rand Paul; worked in the Bush WH?

Why is the MSM not reporting this mother of three attempting to win Wimbledon

2 Likes

Fake news network