T Nation

How to Use Supps?

I just got 2 tubs of Metabolic Drive, 1 tub of Creatine and 2 tubs of Surge. This is my first time ordering this stuff and i was wonder how you guys think i should use these supps? You think these were a good pick for gaining stength for football?

what do you mean how to use them? read the instructions its that simple… and why did you spend all that money on stuff you have no idea if you need?

I agree, definitely read the instructions on your supplements… but generally you have people using Surge for post-workout, and you could mix the creatine in there with that or what have you. The Metabolic Drive, well since you have the Surge for post-workout, you can just take if you can’t possibly get enough protein from solid food in your diet. That would be how I would use them at least.

Yup I agree you should have researched what you were buying prior to buying it. But you made good solid choice of staple supps IMO.

Use= Surge prior/during/after workout

Creatine = Take 1 tsp 5 grams every day, if wanted put it in your Surge on workout days in hot liquid on non just take it

Metabolic Drive= as needed for protein or hell a nice treat.

Hope that helps,
Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
Yup I agree you should have researched what you were buying prior to buying it. But you made good solid choice of staple supps IMO.

Use= Surge prior/during/after workout

Creatine = Take 1 tsp 5 grams every day, if wanted put it in your Surge on workout days in hot liquid on non just take it

Metabolic Drive= as needed for protein or hell a nice treat.

Hope that helps,
Phill[/quote]

Just a clarification- one serving of 5g is actually 1 1/2 teaspoon, or approximately the exact size of the included scoop.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
or approximately the exact size [/quote]

haha that sounds funny.

My advice: Believe me on this!Save your bucks for something else my friends!! Eat normal food,no supps(exept a multivitamin per day)Have tried every supp on earth, they cost more than they give for sure. I`ve been training for a long time without any supp, and i dont feel any different whatsoever. Dont let the “scientist” fool you anymore! Get Real!!!

[quote]Get Real wrote:
My advice: Believe me on this!Save your bucks for something else my friends!! Eat normal food,no supps(exept a multivitamin per day)Have tried every supp on earth, they cost more than they give for sure. I`ve been training for a long time without any supp, and i dont feel any different whatsoever. Dont let the “scientist” fool you anymore! Get Real!!![/quote]

You might want to find another forum to frequent then my friend, as your opinions will not receieve a warm welcome here at T-Nation - a site formed around supplements. With only 2 posts it’s not to late to just disappear.

[quote]Get Real wrote:
My advice: Believe me on this!Save your bucks for something else my friends!! Eat normal food,no supps(exept a multivitamin per day)Have tried every supp on earth, they cost more than they give for sure. I`ve been training for a long time without any supp, and i dont feel any different whatsoever. Dont let the “scientist” fool you anymore! Get Real!!![/quote]

I agree to an extent.

Yes, you should eat plenty of real food (lots of lean meats, fruit, veggies and some dairy). However, some supplements are almost vital to those trying to get bigger/stronger or gain an edge against their competition.

I’m a proponent of food supplements such as Metabolic Drive and Surge, and also basics like FLAMEOUT and a good multi-vitamin or Greens+.

If you are so anti-supplement, why don’t you post pics of your progress so others can see how you’ve been able to develop your body without wasting your money on useless supplements?

meh, you do not NEED the suppliments, can some help? sure they can, but does everyone need them ot get a GREAT body? no
now depending on you definition of a great body you may need some suppliments or you wont ever get there. protein supp can be nice if you cant afford or dont have hte will to eat all that protein with real food. i dont take anything not even a multi vit. i just prepare home cooked meals in advance and then eat then 6 times a day. sure if i took protein i wouldnt have to cook so much but its going to balance out because that stuffs expensive.

as for creatine and greens+ and all that other stuff i have no idea but people got by without any supplimentaion for thousands of years, and im sure there was ripped guys back in those days with amazing bodies

so in closing if you want to buy them go nuts if its quality stuff it wont hurt one bit and will probably help (just dont buy something that is useless and get the placebo effect from it)

orally

Caffeine and ephedra products works! Creatin with Glutamin a little bit! But seriosly, how much have you gained from anything else? But of course spend your own money as you like.And yes i will not bother you anymore, but this “old man” just tell you something you will discover in the future(hopefully very soon!)And yippi everybody,from now consider me as a gooner in this topic! Take care and train hard! Best of luck!