How to Use LAX Ball on Pecs?

Help me out here guys. I have a severely tight pec that needs a ton of work…I bought a lax ball to roll on it, but I can’t figure out how to use it properly…I can’t generate enough force with my opposite hand…have tried laying down on top of it but cant get a good position to dig in there with, and up against a wall doesnt seem to work either…

Anybody know what the hell Im doing wrong?

I have no idea since there’s not much separation btw the ground and the pecs if you lay on it. Any other position wouldm’t serve it’s purpose I would think. I haven’t try a LAX ball but used a tennis ball and that’s hard to get to those tight areas (the outer edge of the pecs for me). Even a foam roller is awkward but that seems to be the best way for me.

I would just go to a ART and get it worked on if it’s really tight.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
Help me out here guys. I have a severely tight pec that needs a ton of work…I bought a lax ball to roll on it, but I can’t figure out how to use it properly…I can’t generate enough force with my opposite hand…have tried laying down on top of it but cant get a good position to dig in there with, and up against a wall doesnt seem to work either…

Anybody know what the hell Im doing wrong?[/quote]

Try bringing your arm up to 90 degrees alongside your torso while lying on it. Put all your weight down and try pumping your arm forwards and back, and see if protacting/ retracting your scapula help force it further in. Either that or stick the tennis ball in an open doorframe, put your arm up to 90 degrees, jam your pec against the ball, and push yourself forward so that you pass through where the door would be.

[quote]bluerock wrote:

I would just go to a ART and get it worked on if it’s really tight. [/quote]

lax ball = $1, lasts a very long time
ART = $25/visit, many visits

I’m sure you can see the cost benefit analysis for needing to figure out how to use the lax ball correctly…

I have put my lax ball on my bench, with my arm stretched long ways on the bench and use my other arm to balance (kneeling on the ground) and shift my weight while rolling the ball on my pec. I do the same with a pvc pipe. Also cheap and rolls pretty well.

[quote]jimmyiosis wrote:
I have put my lax ball on my bench, with my arm stretched long ways on the bench and use my other arm to balance (kneeling on the ground) and shift my weight while rolling the ball on my pec. I do the same with a pvc pipe. Also cheap and rolls pretty well.[/quote]

Yes! This is what I’m looking for…good idea…much appreciated

Find a hard wall and use that.

To apply more pressure, move your feet back (so your body is less vertical) and then using your legs push yourself into the wall/ball as much as needed.

I do this all the time. Play around w/ your arm position too as you can hit different spots that way.