How to Use Hcg in Post Cycle Therapy

Hi All,

So I wish I could give you the answer in how to do this but truth is I don’t fully know.
I completely and fully understand that it is far BETTER to use it on cycle than after.
I have asked for help and keep getting told to do it whilst I was on cycle - due to availability I could only get it in Week 11. And I need clarification.

This is the information I have currently:

RESEARCH:
Gonadotropin Therapy:

There is nothing more effective than Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG). The action of HCG is identical to that of pituitary LH. This takes place independently and is not affected by exogenous hormones and/or preexisting HPTA suppression. Therefore, it directly stimulates a dramatic increase in endogenous testosterone production, spermatogenesis and testicular volume. The primary goal during the first few weeks of PCT is to quickly restore testicular volume and function. Also, the dramatic increase in testosterone production is necessary to avoid and/or minimize the unfavorable “crash” effect. In the majority of individuals with larger testes at baseline, HCG alone is sufficient in restoring endogenous testosterone production as well at the induction of spermatogenesis which is most likely a result of residual FSH secretion. Once there is a plateau in the response to HCG, treatment with an FSH preparation such as human menopausal gonadotropin (HMG) or recombinant follicle stimulating hormone (rFSH) should be added in combination to HCG.

*The addition of an FSH preparation is rarely required and is best suited for severe cases of HH. FSH preparations are not readily available to most individuals. Therefore, there is no need to go into details with respect to its application at this time.

HCG is administered by subcutaneous (SC) or intramuscular (IM) injection. The average (3ml 22-25G x ⅝-1½”) syringe is adequate for IM injections but insulin syringes (½-1ml 28-30G x ½-1”) are recommended for SC injections. In regards to effectiveness, there should be no discernable difference between either of the techniques. The individual should opt for the most comfortable and/or convenient form of administration.

The following is a description of the available preparations by Serono:

HCG ampoules are supplied in 500, 1,000, 2,000, 5,000 and 10,000 IU preparations accompanied by 1 ml of sterile dilluent. It should be stored at a controlled room temperature (15-30 degrees C or 59-86 degrees F) and should be used immediately after reconstitution.

HCG multidose vials are supplied in 2,000, 5,000 and 10,000 IU preparations accompanied by 10 ml of bacteriostatic water. It should be stored at a controlled room temperature (15-30 degrees C or 59-86 degrees F), refrigerated (2-8 degrees C or 36-46 degrees F) after reconstitution and used within 30 days.

Other manufacturers are available and preparations may vary.

The terms international units (IUs) can occasionally cause confusion when reconstituting and measuring HCG. The actual process is quite elementary and the concentration per ml (cc) is dependant on the concentration of the lyophilized powder and the volume of dilluent used for reconstitution. For example, if you dilute 5,000 IUs HCG with 5ml (cc) solvent, the end result is 1,000 IUs per ml (cc). Divide the same 5,000 IUs with 10 ml (cc) and the end result is 500 IUs per ml (cc).

*Bacteriostatic water should always be utilized during reconstitution when long term (30 day) storage and multi dose administration are required.

When to begin PCT:

On average, begin PCT approximately 5-10 days after your last injection regardless of longer acting esters. Begin PCT 1-3 days after your last injection and/or intake when using short acting esters.

Keep in mind, pituitary LH secretion automatically increases as the hormones diminish from your system. The elevated androgen levels are from an exogenous source and your endogenous production is suppressed. Therefore, waiting for the exogenous androgens to completely clear from your system, ultimately results in lower total concentrations of androgens in your system when beginning PCT. This leads to an unfavorable andgrogen:estrogen ratio and the well known “crash” effect.

*As previously mentioned, the actions of HCG take place independently and is not affected by exogenous hormones and/or preexisting HPTA suppression. There are no contradictions with respect to the effectiveness of HCG usage while exogenous hormones are present in your system.

PCT Protocol(s):

1.) 1,000 IUs HCG 3x/wk (mon/wed/fri) in combination with 20 mgs Nolvadex ED for the first 3 weeks. After, discontinue HCG and continue with 20 mgs Nolvadex ED for an additional 3 weeks.

2.) 1,000 IUs HCG 3x/wk (mon/wed/fri) in combination with 20 mgs Nolvadex ED and 50 mgs Clomid ED for the first 3 weeks. After, discontinue HCG and continue with 20 mgs Nolvadex ED and 50 mgs Clomid ED for an additional 3 weeks.

3.) 1,500 IUs HCG 3x/wk (mon/wed/fri) in combination with 20 mgs Nolvadex ED for the first 3 weeks. After, discontinue HCG and continue 20 mgs Nolvadex ED for an additional 3 weeks.

4.) 1,500 IUs HCG 3x/wk (mon/wed/fri) in combination with 100 mgs Clomid ED and 20 mgs Nolvadex ED for the first 3 weeks. After, discontinue HCG and continue with 50 mgs Clomid ED and 20 mgs Nolvadex ED for an additional 3 weeks.

Option one can be considered as a standard PCT protocol. This should apply to all basic cycles. Option 2 is generally the same as option one except for the addition of Clomid which is added as a supporting recovery aid. Option three and four incorporate a higher HCG dosage and have a relationship similar to options one and two in the sense that Clomid is incorporated in the latter as a supporting recovery aid.

*The majority of my experience is with intermediate to advanced athletes whom have completed multiple cycles with higher dosages. Therefore, based upon previous blood work results and considering the common or convenient preparations available, we have established that 1,500 IUs 3x/wk (mon/wed/fri) to be the optimal HCG dosage to begin with. The Nolvadex dosage remains unchanged however Clomid is utilized throughout the entire PCT at 100 mgs ED during the first 3 weeks and 50 mgs ED for the last 3 weeks.

-------------------------------------

I made this thread to not only discuss HCG and how to take it but because I am in the position of having to take it currently:

My Persona Situation
I actually ended my cycle last Sunday - on week 11. Due to my final injection getting infected and causing an abyss I decided to cut the cycle short by 1 week.

11 weeks - 500mg Test E per week cycle.

**Q1 WAIT PERIOD: **

You must wait 3 half life cycles before taking HCG - Half life of Test E is 72 hours so 9 days.
It has been 7 days since my last pin, I am thinking to start HCG today or tomorrow?

Chosen Option - 1
1.) 1,000 IUs HCG 3x/wk (mon/wed/fri) in combination with 20 mgs Nolvadex ED for the first 3 weeks. After, discontinue HCG and continue with 20 mgs Nolvadex ED for an additional 3 weeks.

Q2 Is each dosage 1000IU - Monday - 1000, Wed - 1000 and Friday - 1000 or is it 1000 in total for the week?

Q3: I was given verbal information from a personal trainer that I can run the HCG like I did the cycle and pin twice a week at a 1000iou per pin for 2 weeks - as I bought 5000IUs of HCG. IS this correct or must I follow the above?

1 Like

You always seem to get shit wrong despite being given advice in the past.

At least you’re consistent.

I would just do 250iu EOD until the day before starting PCT or not bother using it.

Thank you for your advice.

So how long would you wait before starting PCT? 2 weeks = 7 * 250iu = 1750iu in total which seems low?

Other advice I remember getting in the past was 250iu EOD or 500iu twice a week for 2 weeks?

Wait for the appropriate amount of time that allows testosterone levels to get close to normal.

This advice is the same as mine. What benefit do you think there would be from using more?

1 Like

Not much besides the fact that extracting 250 is a bit difficult from the kit I got.

3 half lives? 9 days? Or 2 weeks?

If you have HCG, Bacwater and 100unit/1ml insulin pins it isn’t difficult.

2ml bacwater mixed with 5000iu HCG = 20 x 250iu slins filled to 200units. Freeze the ones you don’t need and you can use them in the future.

1 Like

Studies with animal models(maybe there are human studies, I don’t know) suggest lh desensitization with these amounts. Not worth the risk.[quote=“Fluffybeginner, post:1, topic:215514”]
2.) 1,000 IUs HCG 3x/wk (mon/wed/fri) in combination with 20 mgs Nolvadex ED and 50 mgs Clomid ED for the first 3 weeks. After, discontinue HCG and continue with 20 mgs Nolvadex ED and 50 mgs Clomid ED for an additional 3 weeks.
[/quote]

Hcg will suppress the top of the HPTA. Do not use once exogenous test levels are low enough to begin recovery. That is when you start the SERM. Starting the SERM before these levels are low enough or using with hcg will be of no use since you will still be suppressed.

I’ve answered these because it looks like lot of rubbish I’ve read around the internet. When Rich Piana says he’s “recovered his natural testosterone levels” using hcg, it means his balls are working but his hypothalamus and pituitary(the top of the hpta) are not. When he comes off the hcg, he will still be hypogonadal. This is because hcg is an lh analogue, as in, it mimics the effects of lh so your balls produce test and sperm. The top of the hpta is still not producing lh naturally and is being further suppressed through the negative feedback loop when using hcg.

Be careful who you listen to.

2 Likes

Best reply here so far! Well done!

So 250 iod for 2 weeks starting today will work? Then start SERM? Would be 3 weeks after last injection

I’ll try once more.

You start PCT two weeks after last injection with the amount of test e that you have been using.

You can use the HCG @ 250iu EOD from now until you begin PCT. If you do not have much time left before you are due to start PCT then just don’t use the HCG - start PCT with SERM instead.

How do Reconstitute a 5000iu vial of HCG for 500iu eod for 3 weeks? I have a 1/2 inch 1cc/mL syringe

you use basic maths.

And buy more than one syringe next time.

thats what im asking help on, I want to fully understand. Also i do have
more than one syringe, im saying what type i have.

I would really appreciate it if you could guide me.

Loooove you.

Hi
I have been reading your post with keen interest and its very informative
I have a question about pct and I hope you could enlighten me
I am currently on my 2nd week of pct after completing 10 weeks of masteron and test prop (twice a week)
As for my pct, i am taking volvadex 20mg daily with clomid 50mg twice a day
Since last week, i have been experiencing low libido and difficult to achive an erection
I am wondering what is going on? Should hcg be included at this moment of time?
I will be grateful for your input
Thank you

It is really best to not have testes shut down ever. Use 250iu hCG subq EOD from day one. Then PCT is really then only about getting the top end of the HPTA going again. And to make that happen, E2 levels need to be under control so you do not have that falter.

Or use low dose SERMs from day one, 25mg clomid EOD or 20mg Nolvadex EOD. In this case, you only need to taper off of that to recover. Again, E2 needs to be managed.

Anastrozole should be used all through your cycle and E2 labs and dose adjustments to get near E2=22pg/ml. You need steady T levels for this. Complicated cycles with changing doses and stacks make proper E2 management impossible. One should coast on 0.5mg/week anastrozole per week during end of PCT and for a few weeks after to keep E2 negative feedback low.

Of course you need to be tapering off of clearing gear from your body before PCT transition.

Note that a good portion of guys feel horrible with clomid. Nolvadex does not do that.

You need to avoid high doses of hCG or SERMs or stacked SERMs or hCG+SERMs. If LH stimulation has been high:

• E2 levels can be very high and anastrozole cannot manage that [see below]
  • testes do not need to see a large drop in LH receptor stimulation just as you expect the HPTA to start working on its own. That is exactly the wrong thing to do.
  • risk of LH receptor desensitization that puts the whole outcome at risk

High LH receptor stimulation predictably creates very high IntraTesticular Testosterone [ITT] levels. High ITT drives high T–>E2 inside the testes. Anastrozole and letrozole are competitive drugs against T which makes these AI’s ineffective inside the testes. When T–>E2 production rates are high inside the testes, even very high AI doses are ineffective and serum E2 can be very high. [Doctors do not know this, deductive reasoning was not part of med school.]

Summary: Use sane doses of SERMs and hCG. Do not ever shutdown your testes - so you do not have to have them recover form/size and function. Always manage E2. Know that SERMs increase E2 levels and that Serms only protect Selected tissues, not all, from the effects of E2.

If you break your HPTA, you can limp over to the T replacement forum and find the HPTA restart sticky.

2 Likes

Hi,

No i wouldn’t add in HCG as you have started PCT.

At the moment your SERM dosing is too high. I would take EITHER 25mg clomid per day or 20mg novladex not both. Do this for 4 weeks and 0.25mg arimidex every other day if you have it. You haven’t said if you used an AI during your cycle but estrogen will be elevated from that SERM dosing anyway.

High dose clomid can have a lot of side effects and could be causing / amplifying issues you are having during PCT

Hi
Thank you for the reply and i really appreciate it.
As for now,i am in my 3rd week of pct (nolvadex 20mg daily and clomid 50mg bd) but as you said i am too high on the serms.
If i am planning to continue with nolvadex only with arimidex eod, should i start it as a 1 month cycle again?
Thank you

Try another 3 weeks so 6 weeks PCT in total. Hopefully you will be feeling better by then

Ok, will complete the 6 weeks duration of pct. Thanks again :+1: