How to Use Creatine?

I never used creatine before and im thinking about getting some and mixing it in with my protein…how many grams do i need to take a day? and whats front loading and maintance mean?

use the search function “creatine”

all your questions will be answered.

orally i believe.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
orally i believe. [/quote]

WTF Seriously? All these years I’ve been doing it wrong :frowning:

…thanks everyone for the help.

take 5 grams a day. on workout days take it post workout with juice. the carbs in the juice help transport it to your muscles.

Will I have problems with absorbtion or whatnot if I just take the 5g, stick it in my mouth, then wash it down with a glass of water? I don’t like to mix it up.

no but its better to down it with something that has carbs and sugar in it

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
dfreezy wrote:
B rocK wrote:
orally i believe.

WTF Seriously? All these years I’ve been doing it wrong :frowning:

See…you’ve been taking it anally and that’s just wrong.[/quote]

but according to manswers if you take beer that way you get drunk faster. are you sure it wont make me jacked faster?

[quote]Beej1989 wrote:
no but its better to down it with something that has carbs and sugar in it[/quote]

If I recall correctly, most people don’t “need” carbs with their Creatine. This protocol was started for otherwise non-responders.

If anything, it’s more important to have salt with your Creatine.

what if you get the shits with creatine?

[quote]bulldogtor wrote:
what if you get the shits with creatine?[/quote]

Mix it with warm water or grapejuice, and make sure it’s diluted well. The shits usually subsided with me after a few weeks, but taking micronized creatine had less of the side-effect.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
bulldogtor wrote:
what if you get the shits with creatine?

Mix it with warm water or grapejuice, and make sure it’s diluted well. The shits usually subsided with me after a few weeks, but taking micronized creatine had less of the side-effect.[/quote]

Or spread out the dosage throughout the day – 1 gram with 5 of your meals.

Bill Roberts recently recommended this.

Anyone use 10g? Please don’t hear me say that 5g is wrong, I’ve just always heard 10g. I split mine to 5g about two hours before I lift and 5g immediately after.

Alright, this is how the pros do it.

Take one heaping tsp and cook it up with a lighter and spoon. Tie off that dinosaur and IV that shit.

[quote]elano wrote:
Alright, this is how the pros do it.

Take one heaping tsp and cook it up with a lighter and spoon. Tie off that dinosaur and IV that shit.[/quote]

Even better:

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/putting_creatine_in_socks

You guys are getting quick.