How to Use Antibiotics for Infection?

does anyone know whst is the dosage or protocol of anibiotics to run when having a pin infection? Yeah, I know, “go to a doctor”, but I am asking for educational purposes only. Thanks :muscle:

Depends on the antibiotic and the type of infection. All oral Penicillins and cephalosporin es are taken at least 4 times daily, most of them are administered i.v.

Then there’s aminoglycosides which are administered once in a 2 h infusion.

Then there’s fluorochinolones which are administered orally for 3-7 days.

It completely depends on the antibiotic used, there’s too many classes to count. What gets used depends on the bacterium. Here’s something to read for you:

They are usually caused by Staphylococcus aureus and require timely medical and surgical treatment.

Broad-spectrum antibiotic therapy consisted of Meropenem (500 mg every 8 h), Vancomycin (500 mg twice daily), Gentamicin (120 mg once daily) and Fluconazole (400 mg once daily)

Staphylococcus aureus is also known as one of the multi resistent bacteria species which means it’s common for S. aureus to not respond to first line antibiotics like amoxicillin, cefuroxime and others. Oftentimes it is an MRSA which means the bacterium doesn’t even respond to beta-lactamase resistant antibiotics. This infection would need intensive medical care as you can see in the case study above. The antibiotics used there are reserved for life threatening diseases AND they are combined.

If you got a serious infection through injection, the infection needs to be treated by an experienced doctor. In my opinion that is the endpoint of being ones own doctor. And they are much better with antibiotics than with steroid related issues.

thanks a lot man! will dive into it :ok_hand: