How to Use AIs? I live in Italy and Doctors Are Not Helping

Hi everyone!
I live in Italy and I have been diagnosed with low T.
The problem is that I have been on a number of different treatments with very poor success.

I am 24 years old, a little active, I am 6.3" tall and weight 210lbs. At the moment I take Sustanon 250mg intramuscular, injected every 18 days (whic is the absolute best I have been able to obtain by my doc. We have 0 culture in TRT and that is why I really really need your help guys).

My lab values are as follows:
Testosterone: 743ng/dL on a 280-800 scale
Estradiol: 34.3pg/mL on a 11.3-43.2 scale
FSH: 0.4mUI/mL on a 1.5-12.4 scale
LH: <0.1mUI/mL on a 1.7 - 8.6 scale
SHBG: 17 nmol/L on a 20-60 scale

I am miserable and I have all the symptoms of high estradiol, I have asked my doctor for Amiridex: he is open to try it but doesn’t know enough (sic) to establish a good protocol.

So here we are… I have a regularly issued prescription for Amiridex and no idea on how to proceed, I only know that I am quite miserable.

Thanks to everyone that could shed some light

You need frequent injections do to low SHBG, large doses of testosterone will drive estrogen production do to the larger peaks associated with larger injection. Your levels are too high, I’m low SHBG and can’t even handle the 650 ranges without estrogen problems do to most of our hormones being free, typical of low SHBG men.

Lower your dosage 20%, you need to push for twice weekly injections splitting your dosage in two to keep levels stable to stop the yo-yo effects. If you lower the dosage and split those injections up you may not need an AI at all.

If you can’t get doctors to at least listen to reason, suffering will continue. Dr. Saya and Dr. Crisler does advice consults and can work together with your doctors, they currently do this in many different countries.

Throw the AI in the trash and lower your Test dosage until your symptoms subside.

What symptoms are you having? If your not having nipple itchiness, you have NO BUSINESS with an AI.

Hi! Thanks for your reply!

I have convinced my doctor to try and do 70mg every week. I guess I’ll have to see how it goes… He is strongly against biweekly injections unless I find a pharmacy that can prepare the doses for me.

Still, it should be better than once every 18 days…
At least I hope so. In the meantime I am looking for some doctor in Italy with more experience (with little to no luck - it’s appalling)

Thanks for the suggestion!

My symptoms are extreme mood swings, bouts of anxiety, hot/cold flashes, lack of morning wood and my nipples don’t really itch but they are sometimes tender, and sensible

I’ll lower the dose and switch to weekly injections (the best I obtained from my doctor)

Thanks for the input!

1 Like

Just an update!
Today I met with my doctor who was a bit angered at first but decided to settle on 70mg weekly. He gave me the option of either using sustanon 250mg and discarding the rest (here doctors can’t use any injectable solution that has been exposed to air after 24 hours) or propionate 100mg (discarding the rest). The second option would be less costly (not talking a huge difference but still) and more “ethical” (I would waste less good medicine). All in all I think I want to judge based on efficacy, so what is the best formulation?

I also want to add that I am extremely grateful to you guys. I know that this protocol is still not ideal, but it’s really the best I can get away with. So if it seems that I don’t listen it’s not because I don’t want to but because I literally can’t :frowning:

Still thanks for all the input!

1 Like