How to Understand Rush Limbaugh

It’s a long read as far as internet attention spans go, but it’s a pretty good piece on El-Rushbo.

Haters hate away.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/viewarticle.cfm/how-to-understand-rush-limbaugh-15634

All pundits are media clowns paid to stir up shit in the medial. Rush appeals to mainstream conservatives for ratings.

I agree with the article that talk radio is a sign of the times and simply is an echo chamber of people’s feelings. And in a way it’s probably a lot healthier for everyone concerned to have these feelings talked about on the radio (or somewhere). As the author indicates free speech can me messy.

And I would be remiss if I did not remind my liberal friends that they never said a word when the MSLM was castigating Bush. Calling him Nazi and blaming him for every possible sin imaginable.

As each of us who cling to a certain political ideal go forward we should keep these words in mind:

“If freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”

George Washington

[quote]ZEB wrote:
“If freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”

George Washington[/quote]

Witness: Political Correctness.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Witness: Political Correctness.[/quote]

Exactly.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Example?

[quote]belligerent wrote:
All pundits are media clowns paid to stir up shit in the medial. Rush appeals to mainstream conservatives for ratings.[/quote]

/thread.

actually

/this and any thread about rush, stewart, colbert, olberman, coulter…

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Example?[/quote]

Not allowed to use them.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Example?[/quote]

I can’t give you any because I would get in trouble for saying them.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Example?[/quote]

I can’t give you any because I would get in trouble for saying them.[/quote]

Be a bit funnier if someone else didn’t beat you to it. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Example?[/quote]

I can’t give you any because I would get in trouble for saying them.[/quote]

Be a bit funnier if someone else didn’t beat you to it. :P[/quote]

Funny or not they both speak the truth. Political correctness has seriously damaged our free speech. And it has been brought to us by the liberals.

Geez it is like a Republican ( LOVE IN ) in here. There may be some truth that political correctness has damaged our society but our Society has been damaged by the rhetoric Rush , Glenn and Sarah spew

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Geez it is like a Republican ( LOVE IN ) in here. There may be some truth that political correctness has damaged our society but our Society has been damaged by the rhetoric Rush , Glenn and Sarah spew[/quote]

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Geez it is like a Republican ( LOVE IN ) in here. There may be some truth that political correctness has damaged our society but our Society has been damaged by the rhetoric Rush , Glenn and Sarah spew[/quote]

Oh.No.He.Di’n’t

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Oh.No.He.Di’n’t [/quote]

Oh yes he di’id!

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Oh.No.He.Di’n’t [/quote]

i do not know if Mathews said that or not , but who ever said it I agree with it

True tolerance = when a lesbian commentator makes fun of the art of women juggling men’s balls in their mouths, accompanied by a horrible misconstruing of a movement in our country’s early history.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Oh.No.He.Di’n’t [/quote]

i do not know if Mathews said that or not , but who ever said it I agree with it[/quote]

The whole point of this, which you missed, was that both sides do this shit.

Pit,

Just curious, if I were a newscaster and I had a picture of Rachel Maddow on the screen with an accompanying label of “Rug-Munching Dyke”, would I be given a pass if the sole reason of my broadcast was my disagreement with Maddow’s opinion ?

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Pit,

Just curious, if I were a newscaster and I had a picture of Rachel Maddow on the screen with an accompanying label of “Rug-Munching Dyke”, would I be given a pass if the sole reason of my broadcast was my disagreement with Maddow’s opinion ?[/quote]

I am not sure I understand your question , but if you were a journalist and called Moddow a rug munching Dyke , I would question your intelligence, although true, it is distasteful and serves no purpose. I would probably not read much of your work