How To Transform - Austin_Bicep

[quote]jrl41090 wrote:
Austin, I haven’t posted in years, but I remember following your progress back when you were a bigger guy. I am at that point now in my life (muscular, but fat), and recently decided to get my shit together when I found stretch marks on my belly. Really a humiliating moment for me.

The last 8 months was just a lot of binge drinking and late night snacking, and this thread plus embarrassing moments like having to buy larger size shirts than ever before have galvanized me. Just wanted to pop in and say your transformation is really helping to further motivate me.

Stupid question: I too am worried about what will happen to stretch marks and loose skin if I lose weight; you didn’t really have much of a problem with that when you leaned up?[/quote]

I wouldn’t worry about it. I doubt unless you are obese that you’ll have loose skin. You won’t get stretch marks cutting. If you do things right (proper nutrition when growing muscle), be in shape so the cut won’t take long, you’ll be accumulating such small changes that will add up to big changes over time that your skin will have time to adapt.

Don’t worry, stretch marks fade. I used to have big red ones, you can barely see them now.

However I never had a stretch mark on my stomach, that is obesity if you are at a point where your belly is hanging over your waist and you have stretch marks on it. Then I’d worry about loose skin.

[quote]cally wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]zonaguy10 wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:
Bro you should focus on a career or something, this online Fitness stuff is hard to break into. Spend your time else were.[/quote]

Did it ever occur to you that a lot of us have careers? Not sure if Austin_Bicep does but there’s a good chunk of people on here that give great advice that are doctors, lawyers, etc. and dedicate a good portion of their life to this stuff. I wouldn’t say he’s trying to “break into” anything by giving some good basic advice to beginners or those that don’t get this stuff as easily.[/quote]

hmm its obvious by his youtube videos. If you can’t see that then your blind.[/quote]

Opetha, why bother with the negative? Doesnt seem at all necessary.

Anyway, I wont waste any more time on negative people. That is a great transformation and I sincerely congratulate you on the change. Fitness too has changed my life for the better. Stay strong Austin.
[/quote]

Thanks man, good luck to you with your success.

[quote]titleist55 wrote:
thanks for the reply austin. tbh this has given me quite a big of inspiration. last two years I’ve tried to cut for summer but always ended up coming way off where i wanted to be 8 or 10 pounds away from good solid abs in my opinion. my cheats are generally big, whatever i decide to eat in one hour. sometimes there 2 or 3 meals which can be detrimental to my progress. i feel that i would work better on a cheat every two weeks, however then there are people that say going low carb for two weeks and training hard naturally as well as cardio is bound for muscle loss. everything seems that bit more complicated when ones never been truly cut before[/quote]

You are cheating yourself with that cheat meal.

Don’t be fooled, gorging can add body fat in a single day. Layne Norton has said it plenty of times.

You are over complicating something that isn’t complicated.

If you look like you are losing muscle you probably don’t have much to begin with. If you diet right, train hard and keep weights heavy you’re not losing muscle. Don’t worry about that shit man.

You have to develop a winning attitude to get this shit done. Get motivated. If you want to cheat plan a day with an extra 100g carbs and cut some fat.

Give yourself 12 weeks to do this.

Diet at a rate where you are eating as much as possible while losing fat, dropping a ton of calories quick is just gunna burn out that metabolism.

You will have to change during these 12 weeks your way of life.

If you party a lot - you can’t.
If you go out to eat a lot - you can’t.
Alcohol - little to none.

However think what will make you happier and get your farther in 3 months. Living a life of self indulgence and being unhappy with your body.

Or sacrificing, doing what is hard, and then being rewarded down the line.

The choice is easy for me.

[quote]The3Commandments wrote:
How old are you? Just wondering.[/quote]

Hey I didn’t have the audio when I watched the video (I’m in class lol) so maybe you covered it, but could you maybe give us a little on how people perceived as you went through your transformation? How friends and family acted towards you, co - workers, gym buddies, anything. Thank you, and very motivational!

I don’t think I’m obese or anything (6’3", 230, size XL). For some reason the marks just showed up (only a few), freaked me out. At first, you just changed bad habits, and then only later you got really scientific about everything? I’ve decided to cut out all bread, all soda, all alcohol, and all calories after 8. Figured it was a good place to start…

Hey I didn’t have the audio when I watched the video (I’m in class lol) so maybe you covered it, but could you maybe give us a little on how people perceived as you went through your transformation? How friends and family acted towards you, co - workers, gym buddies, anything. Thank you, and very motivational!

Thanks dude.

I am my biggest support system. Most people do not understand what we do. Mom and Dad were always supportive, but had no idea what was going on.

Mom would often tell me “why are you dieting? You look lean already.”

People just don’t get it.

Then, you hit them with results, and they become amazed. Everyone then becomes supportive, seeks advice, congratulates.

On the other hand you’ll always have dead weight and people that are negative toward your goals…

The stronger you become mentally the farther you can go. You need to be 100% self reliable. If nobody in this world supported you, you have to be able to still go out and achieve what you want. I feel great.

I used to care what others thought of me. The more I did, the less I expressed myself.

Now it’s different, I care less, but people now like me more. If you are an assertive and confident person people respect you even if you disagree on things.

I can go on forever, but the take home point is, you’ll have support and negativity all the time in life. You just need to do what is best for you. Cut the dead weight out of your life, who needs it? It’s usually someone sorry/jealous because they don’t do anything positive for themselves.

[quote]jrl41090 wrote:
I don’t think I’m obese or anything (6’3", 230, size XL). For some reason the marks just showed up (only a few), freaked me out. At first, you just changed bad habits, and then only later you got really scientific about everything? I’ve decided to cut out all bread, all soda, all alcohol, and all calories after 8. Figured it was a good place to start… [/quote]

Definitely not obese man, don’t worry about those, they’ll fade.

Exactly…first ~30 or so pounds, bad habits were removed. Next 15 or so, slightly better diet (IFing) and regular cardio…Gained some clean weight…

Now I changed my life more. I only care about self improvement, given up parting, focus is school, doing well, my bodybuilding, bettering myself, getting involved. No time to be mediocre.

Slowly I have developed OCD habits with diet and nutrition. I am very good with measuring all my foods, counting cals, trying new things (as far as macros to see what works best).

I love it.

I want to mention too, cut things out slowly, all at once, you’ll hate it and have more of a problem sticking with it.

It took me years to give up binge drinking, that’s the biggest change I made in life. Throughout high school and college that held me back. I am such a better person without it.

[quote]

Exactly…first ~30 or so pounds, bad habits were removed. Next 15 or so, slightly better diet (IFing) and regular cardio…Gained some clean weight…

Now I changed my life more. I only care about self improvement, given up parting, focus is school, doing well, my bodybuilding, bettering myself, getting involved. No time to be mediocre.

Slowly I have developed OCD habits with diet and nutrition. I am very good with measuring all my foods, counting cals, trying new things (as far as macros to see what works best).

I love it.

I want to mention too, cut things out slowly, all at once, you’ll hate it and have more of a problem sticking with it.

It took me years to give up binge drinking, that’s the biggest change I made in life. Throughout high school and college that held me back. I am such a better person without it.[/quote]

Binge drinking is what fucked me up entirely. I was the guy that always got accused of steroid use… until I turned 21 and started drinking every night, not just Friday and Saturday. Its also the thing I have the hardest time cutting out… I’ve been trying to stymie the urge to drink by doing something active late every night, like extra cardio, coupled with reading and sometimes even meditating. What did you use to motivate you at the beginning with cutting that out? Did you drink at all for the first 30 pounds or eliminate it completely?

Nice man.

It’s always great to see your progress.

Since we started out at similar places with our physiques. And I’m always just a couple short steps behind you in leannness. Watching you change over the years has been fun, like watching future me happen in real life.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
Grats Austin. I’ve been creeping on your progress via youtube and on here when my own recomp starts to get to me. Thanks for the motivation bro![/quote]

No doubt man you’ll do well.

I remember you used to drink a lot like me too. Drop a lot of that out. Makes life easier.

Anyways best of luck.

awesome transformation—very impressive!

[quote]jrl41090 wrote:

[quote]

I love it.

It took me years to give up binge drinking, that’s the biggest change I made in life. Throughout high school and college that held me back. I am such a better person without it.[/quote]

Binge drinking is what fucked me up entirely. I was the guy that always got accused of steroid use… until I turned 21 and started drinking every night, not just Friday and Saturday. Its also the thing I have the hardest time cutting out… I’ve been trying to stymie the urge to drink by doing something active late every night, like extra cardio, coupled with reading and sometimes even meditating. What did you use to motivate you at the beginning with cutting that out? Did you drink at all for the first 30 pounds or eliminate it completely?[/quote]

I’ve had my ups and downs. First 30 pounds I didn’t much, but come summer, I started again and slowed progress.

Here is what changed me.

I went home winter break. Grades were not looking too hot, spent a ton of money, didn’t look my best.

I said to myself.

1 year down the line, where will I be if;

I kept binge drinking.
Partying 4 nights a week Tues/Thrus/Fri/Sat (college nights)
Not taking shit seriously.

Well, I’d have lowsy grades, an ok body but not my best, ruined more friendships and relationships (can’t tell you how many things I fucked up with that), and ultimately would lead the mediocre life of someone that just doesn’t look toward the future.

I will honestly pay you if you can name one worthwhile and life changing thing binge drinking did for you while you were drunk?

No good can come from it. And then what happens, you and your buds talk about all the stupid shit you did the night before and it’s round two. No productive value.

I grew up a lot over the past 6 months. I’ll call the end of my binge drinking era “The time I grew up.”

I have this philosophy of creating my best self (mind/body/spirit)

Binge drinking has no place in that. Will I go out for a beer here and there, sure. I love my social life.

I want to be a productive and contributing member of society. Someone that is accomplished, successful, and conscientious of his goals sacrificing to get ahead not flowing with the crowd.

I have time for so much more now. I wake up early, and easily because I have no hangovers.

I get all my work done in school and the gym. My progress has been the best ever.

I know I’ll have a better body than most people and that is motivation not to drink in itself.

I am a happier person. I have goals and dreams that are being accomplished.

It’s a big lifestyle change. But you hit a point where you say fuck this, this has no productive value in my life, why am I doing it.

Anytime I could’ve been arrested, killed for being stupid etc., has been drunk

That motivates me a lot.

Also I’ve filled my week nights with shit.

I am either; cooking meals, studying extra or attending a club.

I am a member of toastmasters an international public speaking organization that I signed up for. The meetings are on a party night. Tuesdays.

Thursday’s I meet for a Business Leaders Emerging club I’m in.

I can’t fathom choosing to drink 12 beers over doing something like that.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:

[quote]jrl41090 wrote:

That post is powerful man. I was just at that place you described. I’m in the beginning of my second semester of my first year of law school, and over Christmas break I looked at my physical appearance, the stupid shit I had done because of drinking (i have fucked up so many friendships over the years), the money I had wasted, and the fact that I knew my grades would be better if I removed the daily hangover. I’ve also had the thought that these days feel so much better without the grogginess that nightly drinking brings to them. I’m hoping now to follow in your footsteps and fucking make shit happen.

Grats Austin. I’ve been creeping on your progress via youtube and on here when my own recomp starts to get to me. Thanks for the motivation bro![/quote]

I remember you used to drink a lot like me too. Drop a lot of that out. Makes life easier.

Anyways best of luck.[/quote]

Yeah the drinking is usually now just wine or brews once every month or two. It makes a hell of a difference. And when you are not as fat you wake up looking shredded after drinking wine the previous night.

After reading your post about booze, I had the same moment. I realized how much work paying rent, being in college, and training was going to be, and there really isn’t much room for alcohol with that kind of lifestyle.

[quote]optheta wrote:
Bro you should focus on a career or something, this online Fitness stuff is hard to break into. Spend your time else were.[/quote]

you are a jackass…go away.

After reading your post about booze, I had the same moment. I realized how much work paying rent, being in college, and training was going to be, and there really isn’t much room for alcohol with that kind of lifestyle.[/quote]

Agreed. I can’t think of one successful person that made binge drinking a serious part of their life.

It’s the guys putting in the extra work, not flowing with the crowd, staying on course that make it far.

I ain’t saying there is a time and place, but too much fun is no good.

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

you are a jackass…go away.[/quote]

He’s allowed to have his opinion. He’s been negative towards me for years now. It doesn’t bother me.

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

He’s allowed to have his opinion. He’s been negative towards me for years now. It doesn’t bother me.[/quote]

Can’t stand people who just breed negativity.

Anyway,

Excellent progress man. Really impressive.

I’m about to start a slow cut/recomp here in the next few weeks myself.

I plan on just reducing my carbs by only about 20% to start off with. I’m not fat or anything lol, just put on some extra bf while bulking this winter.

In your cutting experience, is ANY cardio necessary for a slower, steadier cut? Or do you think I could just manipulate my calories?

Thanks!

Anyways best of luck.[/quote]

Yeah the drinking is usually now just wine or brews once every month or two. It makes a hell of a difference. And when you are not as fat you wake up looking shredded after drinking wine the previous night.[/quote]

This is totally true. I wake up with a massive headache if I even have just one small glass of wine the previous night, but when you are lower bodyfat to begin with…you wake up vascular as can be lol!

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

He’s allowed to have his opinion. He’s been negative towards me for years now. It doesn’t bother me.[/quote]

Lol for ‘years’ my god u make me sound like I’ve been hounding you lol.