How To Transform - Austin_Bicep

Guys, I want to promote the health and fitness way of life. A lot of times there is too much information to sift through so I thought I would make a thread dedicated to letting you know what has worked and not worked for me over the years.

I’ll be posting information here, and on facebook regularly to help you out.

I’d like to be able to give back because fitness has changed my life and it can change yours too.

The Basics to Creating A Successful Diet;

Results start with your diet. These are a few simple things that will set you in the right direction for success. Many people do not grasp the key fundamentals in fat loss and lose motivation, or lose too much lean mass and eventually fall off the plan.

1. Have a 2 week grace period;

Take two weeks and continue to eat normal. The only extra work is counting your calories and macro nutrients each day. While doing so you will want to see how much your body weight fluctuates over these weeks. It will serve as a guide for your starting point. You will know how many calories you need to maintain your weight and then you can begin chipping away little by little.

1. Eat as much as possible while losing weight;

A great way to ruin your diet is to crash diet. I would not recommend losing anything more than two pounds a week. To keep your body muscled or for the ladies, toned, you will want to slowly drop calories over the course of your diet. Crash dieting also burns out the metabolism. You can virtually be eating little to nothing and still making no progress, and then you come off of your diet and gain all the fat back. Not good!

1. Take in a little more on the days you work out, less on the days you take off;

It just makes sense. Have a higher carb intake on the days of your most vigorous workouts. You?ll need the energy. Lower your fat intake on these days, but a couple hundred extra calories won?t hurt you when the exercise is there. On the same token, eat less on your off days, lower carbohydrates and increase healthy fats. It?s a good way to keep from burning out during your workouts and also to keep the fat loss rolling by eating less on days you do less.

1. Have a variety of food in your diet;

I was told something that made a lot of sense. When you ingest food your body has no idea what it is, whether it?s rice or ice cream. It?s ok to have a variety in your diet. It?s actually recommended because eating only chicken and broccoli and rice will cause you to fail and definitely gain a lot of weight when you stop dieting. Figure out your calories, protein, fat and carbohydrate intake and fulfill it. You will realize 95% of the food you eat will be the stuff everyone considers healthy, but it?s ok to fill in 40 grams of carbohydrates with a pop tart. It?ll only keep you on track and reduce cravings.

1. Limit Alcohol Consumption

No brainer, binge drinking doesn?t have a place in a successful diet. I?m not saying that having some wine with dinner or a beer with friends is going to kill you, but over consumption of alcohol will make you fat, bloated and not lead you in any good direction. Take it from me; I transformed myself very quickly when limiting how much I drank. Wouldn?t you rather stop drinking now, so when summer comes and you?re at beach parties you have the best body on the beach and you can relax a little more and party then?

1. Calories burned vs. Calories consumed;

Ultimately this is the most important thing. If you eat too much and don?t burn enough you will never lose weight. I don?t care if all you eat is fish, rice and spinach, consume too many calories and you will not lose weight. Exercise daily. Strength train 3-5 days a week. Cardio can be done every day if you want depending on the type.

Will power will determine your success. Dieting to get in great shape is not easy. It hurts sometimes, takes sacrifices. Anything that will make you successful in life takes work. If it was easy everyone would be in shape, but nobody is! So why don?t we all get there? Get motivated, stay healthy, Grow! Being passive leads to depression and regret, being active builds confidence and unleashes your potential. Be active!

Bro you should focus on a career or something, this online Fitness stuff is hard to break into. Spend your time else were.

hi austin, firstly brilliant transformation. truly applaud it.
I’m currently on a cut for summer, 100kg about 15% bf. currently eating 250g protein 100g fat with a cheat a week. cardio lit 30 mins 5 times a week. now i know this seems awfully low and leaves me little wiggle room, I’ve found myself to have a very sluggish metabolism. mainly due to the fact i was a bad ffb. this allows me to drop 1-2 pounds a week. when you dieted down and saw your abs for the first time how low did you go on calories? cardio etc

Great info Austin . I been keeping up with your channel and thats a sick transformation vid you posted up.

I see you were fairly big before you leaned up and got swole . How did you manage to keep your skin so tight and not have loose skin? Im trying to help my friend lose weight right. I have him losing two pounds a week while lifting with me and getting stronger but im scared he’s going to end up with loose skin when he leans down. Atm he weighs 222(started at around 234).

Thanks for the help man.

[quote]optheta wrote:
Bro you should focus on a career or something, this online Fitness stuff is hard to break into. Spend your time else were.[/quote]

I could have stopped doing a lot of things before I saw success in them. If I did, I wouldn’t be where I am at today.

You’d be surprised with how much I’m involved with college/clubs/organizations at school right now, I have focus in multiple areas.

[quote]titleist55 wrote:
hi austin, firstly brilliant transformation. truly applaud it.
I’m currently on a cut for summer, 100kg about 15% bf. currently eating 250g protein 100g fat with a cheat a week. cardio lit 30 mins 5 times a week. now i know this seems awfully low and leaves me little wiggle room, I’ve found myself to have a very sluggish metabolism. mainly due to the fact i was a bad ffb. this allows me to drop 1-2 pounds a week. when you dieted down and saw your abs for the first time how low did you go on calories? cardio etc[/quote]

How many carbs? What kind of cheat?

I’m eating 3000 cals a day at 206 pounds and getting leaner and leaner right now.

The first time I saw my abs, I was not counting cals, but all I did was eliminate processed food and sugar bevarges from my diet.

So you are ahead of the game right now counting cals.

To keep your metabolism from burning out I would diet slowly, summer is months away, no need for a drastic cut. I thought I had a slow metabolism too, not the case, it’s very fast right now, but it’s developed this way over the years.

I do 45 minutes of cardio daily on average, 4mph walk on the treadmill.

If you are losing 1-2 pounds a week that is perfect, keep that up.

When you diet you go through a few weeks of feeling smaller and not seeing much, stick those out and you get to a point where you honestly see daily changes.

Good luck.

[quote]DazeDolo wrote:
Great info Austin . I been keeping up with your channel and thats a sick transformation vid you posted up.

I see you were fairly big before you leaned up and got swole . How did you manage to keep your skin so tight and not have loose skin? Im trying to help my friend lose weight right. I have him losing two pounds a week while lifting with me and getting stronger but im scared he’s going to end up with loose skin when he leans down. Atm he weighs 222(started at around 234).

Thanks for the help man.[/quote]

Lose skin is individual and to be honest certain areas on my filled out with muscle while I lost fat. Arms are roughly the same size, chest…

Waist is obviously drastically smaller.

It also depends on how fat you really are. 234 at a normal height, I would not worry about damaging loose skin. Someone 300 pounds at 5’10 and fat, that is different.

Slow diet (mine took years) and building muscle to keep skin tight would be my advice to him.

It’s a marathon not a sprint. If he’s been fat for 20 years, a 12 week diet is not going to make him look amazing. He should spend the next several years eating right and getting into shape. That will do it best for him.

[quote]optheta wrote:
Bro you should focus on a career or something, this online Fitness stuff is hard to break into. Spend your time else were.[/quote]

Did it ever occur to you that a lot of us have careers? Not sure if Austin_Bicep does but there’s a good chunk of people on here that give great advice that are doctors, lawyers, etc. and dedicate a good portion of their life to this stuff. I wouldn’t say he’s trying to “break into” anything by giving some good basic advice to beginners or those that don’t get this stuff as easily.

Austin,

Your threads are very motivational. I have a very similar story to you, growing up always being the chubby kid. Recently I’ve gone through a bit of a transformation, not quite as drastic as yours, but I’m in fairly decent shape now. Reading your threads keeps me motivated to stay focused on my goals. Keep it up.

Also you’re completely right about getting into shape changing a lot more than just your physique. It changes your whole perspective on life.

Good luck with your videos, I’ll definitely watch them.

[quote]zonaguy10 wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

Did it ever occur to you that a lot of us have careers? Not sure if Austin_Bicep does but there’s a good chunk of people on here that give great advice that are doctors, lawyers, etc. and dedicate a good portion of their life to this stuff. I wouldn’t say he’s trying to “break into” anything by giving some good basic advice to beginners or those that don’t get this stuff as easily.[/quote]

hmm its obvious by his youtube videos. If you can’t see that then your blind.

Good thread Austin. I definitely think you can help bring some motivation to beginning lifters. ^I also grew up as a fat kid and transformed my body over years of hard work.

Are you planning on competing?

[quote]zonaguy10 wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

Did it ever occur to you that a lot of us have careers? Not sure if Austin_Bicep does but there’s a good chunk of people on here that give great advice that are doctors, lawyers, etc. and dedicate a good portion of their life to this stuff. I wouldn’t say he’s trying to “break into” anything by giving some good basic advice to beginners or those that don’t get this stuff as easily.[/quote]

My resume is pretty sharp. 1 year left in school. Was looking into law school, but recent changes in the practice of law are dissuading my interests (huge tuition increases, 55% unemployment for those 1 year out of law school, 38% drop in attendance to these schools, only people making high salaries are coming out of the top 10 law schools, other people are seing pay cuts.). Grad school for business and law needs some change because it’s a lot of money and recently not that productive toward finding a job.

Anyways, this is about fitness here. We’ll leave my other personal details out of the way not to derail.

[quote]Unaware wrote:
Austin,

Your threads are very motivational. I have a very similar story to you, growing up always being the chubby kid. Recently I’ve gone through a bit of a transformation, not quite as drastic as yours, but I’m in fairly decent shape now. Reading your threads keeps me motivated to stay focused on my goals. Keep it up.

Also you’re completely right about getting into shape changing a lot more than just your physique. It changes your whole perspective on life.

Good luck with your videos, I’ll definitely watch them. [/quote]

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:
Good thread Austin. I definitely think you can help bring some motivation to beginning lifters. ^I also grew up as a fat kid and transformed my body over years of hard work.

Are you planning on competing? [/quote]

Love to hear this. Post your stories guys, honestly it’s just motivation for us all.

If I were to compete it’d be in mens physique, nothing planned in the near future. Currently I want to get very lean and spend the next few years slapping on the muscle remaining conditioned.

Next time I powerlift I want to be shredded in the 220lb class, not just lean. My numbers should be better.

[quote]optheta wrote:

What kind of bs is this?!

Austin, great transformation and some nice tips

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]zonaguy10 wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

hmm its obvious by his youtube videos. If you can’t see that then your blind.[/quote]

You’re right, I promote my youtube and enjoy making the videoss

How old are you? Just wondering.

Austin, I haven’t posted in years, but I remember following your progress back when you were a bigger guy. I am at that point now in my life (muscular, but fat), and recently decided to get my shit together when I found stretch marks on my belly. Really a humiliating moment for me.

The last 8 months was just a lot of binge drinking and late night snacking, and this thread plus embarrassing moments like having to buy larger size shirts than ever before have galvanized me. Just wanted to pop in and say your transformation is really helping to further motivate me.

Stupid question: I too am worried about what will happen to stretch marks and loose skin if I lose weight; you didn’t really have much of a problem with that when you leaned up?

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]zonaguy10 wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

hmm its obvious by his youtube videos. If you can’t see that then your blind.[/quote]

Opetha, why bother with the negative? Doesnt seem at all necessary.

Anyway, I wont waste any more time on negative people. That is a great transformation and I sincerely congratulate you on the change. Fitness too has changed my life for the better. Stay strong Austin.

thanks for the reply austin. tbh this has given me quite a big of inspiration. last two years I’ve tried to cut for summer but always ended up coming way off where i wanted to be 8 or 10 pounds away from good solid abs in my opinion. my cheats are generally big, whatever i decide to eat in one hour. sometimes there 2 or 3 meals which can be detrimental to my progress. i feel that i would work better on a cheat every two weeks, however then there are people that say going low carb for two weeks and training hard naturally as well as cardio is bound for muscle loss. everything seems that bit more complicated when ones never been truly cut before

Grats Austin. I’ve been creeping on your progress via youtube and on here when my own recomp starts to get to me. Thanks for the motivation bro!