How to Train With CoC Grippers?

Good luck – with the credit card set rule and the fact that you have to use an unseasoned gripper, you’ll need it.

Good luck – with the credit card set rule and the fact that you have to use an unseasoned gripper, you’ll need it.

Thanx, providing i stay injury free i’ll crush that thing

[quote]OneEye wrote:
rutkowsky wrote:
also include olympic weight lifting exercises in yr program, power cleans/snatches. I don’t do any specific grip work outside the gym but i believe that also helped me in closing the no.3 COC

I don’t think anyone has ever closed the #3 without training for it. I call bullshit. Unless you can show proof, I’m not buying it. You can’t claim a world-class feat of strength without proof.[/quote]

OneEye,

Actually I know that Charlie Lysak (certified in 1998) closed the COC #3 gripper the very first time he tried, and he had not trained with grippers prior to that feat. So, I know it is possible, albeit rare.

Good training,

Sentoguy

Thanx Sentoguy, On my first workout 2 months ago, coming back after a 3 year break from gym i tried #3, i closed it.

However it is very tough on hands, wrists even elbows, every other guy who attempts to close #3 and has two, three goes at it complaints for some joint related aches including me.

It is also very taxing on your grip strenght, just play with it before a work out and you’ll see (it is very catchy).
I am planning to start specific grip training from January 07, once i get some overall musclemass back, working towards no#4.

I just had a look at ironmind.com site and there are only 5 guys who closed it- well i am not saying i will crush it by summer next year or so but you believe me, i’ll give it a gooood try!!!

In the mean time i’d like to encourge everyone who’s lifting weights to give CoC a try, it is a lot of fun but just start from no#1

http://media.putfile.com/Magnus-Samuelson-Crushing-Four

[quote]rutkowsky wrote:
Thanx Sentoguy, On my first workout 2 months ago, coming back after a 3 year break from gym i tried #3, i closed it.

However it is very tough on hands, wrists even elbows, every other guy who attempts to close #3 and has two, three goes at it complaints for some joint related aches including me.

It is also very taxing on your grip strenght, just play with it before a work out and you’ll see (it is very catchy).
I am planning to start specific grip training from January 07, once i get some overall musclemass back, working towards no#4.

I just had a look at ironmind.com site and there are only 5 guys who closed it- well i am not saying i will crush it by summer next year or so but you believe me, i’ll give it a gooood try!!!

In the mean time i’d like to encourge everyone who’s lifting weights to give CoC a try, it is a lot of fun but just start from no#1 [/quote]

No problem rutkowsky. One thing that I might warn you about is that training with the really tough grippers puts a lot of strain on the connective tissues in the lower arm.

I know that from what Lysak has told me, every time he has gotten close to closing the #4 (he’s currently less than 1/8 inch away), he has had to stop due to carpal tunnel, or some other related connective tissue problem.

So, train it hard, but be smart; don’t overdue it. Also, although I know I’ve read on IronMind that once you are able to close a gripper 25 times, you should be able to close the next highest gripper, this is not always the case.

Lysak has worked up to being able to close the #3 100 consecutive times (no that’s not a typo) and was still unable to fully close the #4. When he talked to some of the guys who have closed the #4, none of them had worked up to that high a number of #3 closes, and couldn’t believe that Lysak still hadn’t closed the #4.

Good luck to you and good training,

Sentoguy