How to Sack a Coach?

I dunno… maybe it’s just where my mind’s been lately, but everytime I see this thread title in the GAL list, I think it says “How To Suck a Cock”.

lol

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I dunno… maybe it’s just where my mind’s been lately, but everytime I see this thread title in the GAL list, I think it says “How To Suck a Cock”.

lol[/quote]

…or something about getting a coach in the sack…?

Just spread rumours… about him fondling little boys…

[quote]postholedigger wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

lol[/quote]

…or something about getting a coach in the sack…?[/quote]

LOL

Either way, when you see the author is The Bird, it kind of fits!

I keeed, I keed!

I actually am always pleasantly amused by The Bird. He’s an integral part of the social fabric around here. At least for non-posturing comic relief!

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

lol[/quote]

LMFAO!!

I get that with a new poster here… whenever I see his name, I read it ‘dildo’'. Lol

Thanks friends,

Some really good advice in here. And yes, a few of the guys in the team have the same concerns as me. Infact the last training session was so shit, that one of the players started to do hill sprints by himself after training just to blow off some steam.

Ok, so this is what I am going to do;

1. Put in some really good performances on game day. Giving it all I got. Also trying to be a leader on the field with lots of encouragement to the younger guys. I need to build up my reputation. 2-3 best on round performances is what is needed.

2. Get friendly with the coaches assistant. This guy takes training on Tuesdays and is a pretty good dude. He likes to ride bikes aswell, so I am going to go on a bike ride with him, buy him a coffee or 2 and slowly convince him that we need to sack the head coach, and maybe even convinving him to let me a have go at taking a session or 2.

3. I have to stay positive. I have to keep training. My take-over attempt is not going to happen over night, but it will happen.

For a more in depth view of theBirds trials and tribulations please visit my training log;

tweet

Come on Little buddy,

It’ll take more than just a few good performances in some games to gain the full respect and trust of your teammates and assistant coaching team to where they’ll support you in an uprising. Those things you mentioned, they’re a good start in getting a good foothold to get where you want to be. But if nepotism got this guy his job and there’s a good chance that he still has some club support, your “new guy who seems to be trying to get friendly with the assistant coach and the younger guys” thing is bound to foster some resentment not only in the current coach and his supporters but also in the people you’re trying to foster to support your uprising when your motives become apparent and they feel used or become ostracized along with you if the uprising doesn’t succeed. What you’re proposing is something I would try if I were a veteran or had a season at least with the team and was already looked up to within the team for leadership and encouragement. I understand where you’re coming from and I’ll bet it’s not easy to endure a useless coach but with your positivity and training, throw in some patience. The opportunity may well present itself with time.

But hey, that’s just my take.

I had to retire because a coach and the club owner went full retard and I got trapped. You’re not in an easy situation because if you try to spark some kind of rebellion, people will most likely side with the strongest part…and that’s not you.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

lol[/quote]

I keep getting this awful image of the bird trying to teabag his coach in his sleep.

postholedigger- you mkae some good points there… however, this coach literally has no idea. I met one of the other players for coffee this afternoon, and we are talking about having a secret meeting with the team before the game where we will set a 4-4-2 formation(instead of 3-5-2) and discuss our new tactics.

Me and my buddy both agreed the coach is so dumb that he will have no idea that we have changed the formation and team tactics. Making these changes will play to the teams strengths and I beleive make a huge in difference when it comes to the end result of the match.

Edevus- Im sorry to hear about you early retirement buddy. The club has awesome facilities including a pitch with a stadium, great club rooms, lights for night games etc. But as I said the club is lacking “football people”. What other club would let a coach only attend 50% of the games and 50% of training? Apparently this coach will only play the 3-5-2 formation, even though his group of players and their strengths and weaknesess have changed drastically over the past 2 years.

tweet

Do a Cruyff turn everytime you get the ball

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

lol[/quote]

I keep getting this awful image of the bird trying to teabag his coach in his sleep.
[/quote]

LOL!

Well, like I said, that was just my take on the situation.

Good luck with the uprising. I wish you well and hope doesn’t end up like a Syrian or Chinese uprising.

[quote]theBird wrote:

1. Put in some really good performances on game day. Giving it all I got. Also trying to be a leader on the field with lots of encouragement to the younger guys.[/quote]

Just do this part for a while. Considering it sounds like this is not something you do on the regular, are you really cut out to coach this team?

Don’t listen to anyone Bird. Just march in there and demand a change damn it! If they don’t listen walk over to the club’s giant silo holding millions of soccer balls and release the hatch. You will flood the city with soccer balls causing public hysteria and an immediate order for marshal law in your city. Then people will listen Bird. Oh yes, they will listen.

[quote]Chilliwack wrote:
Just do this part for a while. Considering it sounds like this is not something you do on the regular, are you really cut out to coach this team?[/quote]

Im not a natural leader. Im a soldier. I go in there, I get the job done, and I leave. But now I have to find my leadership skills and became a leader of this army.

tweet

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
Don’t listen to anyone Bird. Just march in there and demand a change damn it! If they don’t listen walk over to the club’s giant silo holding millions of soccer balls and release the hatch. You will flood the city with soccer balls causing public hysteria and an immediate order for marshal law in your city. Then people will listen Bird. Oh yes, they will listen.
[/quote]

Thanks for the tip little buddy.

This town doesnt know whats coming to them…

tweet

Do something like this in training, it should get their attention

Chris Waddle- Amazing goals wasnt it buddy? Im looking foward to tonights FA cup game, which I will be watching at the club rooms after my game.

tweet

[quote]theBird wrote:

So as you all know I have moved to the outback and have joined the local soccer team.[/quote]
There’s a town in the outback with a soccer team?