How to Reduce Estradiol? Scary High Labs (448)

I recently found my salt isn’t iodized and switched. I don’t have agoiter, but likely have some deficiency. Should I just pick up an iodine supplement now?

I was reading in your post that if I just switch salts and start meeting the RDA it’ll take a very long time to bring levels up to normal.

Did you?
See these stickies:

• finding a TRT doc
  • advice for new guys
  • thyroid basics

thyroid basics covers this, yes you need supplements and track temperatures

Update, saw pcp, and she seems receptive to helping me, and ran some labs, however I’m now at a total loss.

Without knowing how much things would cost, we just ran free t, total t, estradiol, and dht.
From labcorp
Total t >1500, high, ng/dl, ref 348 to 1197

Free t, direct, >50 high pg/ml, ref 8.7 to 25.1

DHT 397, high, ng/dl, no ref

Estradiol <5.0, low, pg/ml, ref 7.6 to 42.6
Roche ECLIA methodology

How is my t so high? I’m just on androgel, why is my e2 so low?
What should I do here?

I’ve also learned that lcms is more accurate than eclia for estradiol? I’ve also read of two sensitive lab corp tests, one
500108 uses gives better results than 140244, both are lcms, but one has more rigorous collection requirements.

Also on the iodine/temps, started taking 6 to 12mg iodoral about 8 days ago, temps are looking in range now.

Reading the trt sticky made me want to pursue things with my pcp, come to find out she does a lot of work with transgender ppl, and was very interested to take on trt and learn about it to help me.

At this point, what should I do?

I stopped the supplements like fenugreek/tribulus almost 3 weeks ago. I dropped dhea down to 15mg from 100mg. I also have been naloxone free for 2 weeks, on subutex.

I have been feeling more morning wood than before. Though I still kinda feel like shit, not terrible, just mental fog, fatigue, and not quite right.

Obviously dht is a problem, but how is my e2 so damn low, and t so high just on androgel?

I put gel on the night before, and have been trying to just do it at night now.

I’m going away for almost a week tomorrow out of cell phone/net range in the mountains.

Should I change my androgel, or get in to see the doctor for any labs tomorrow?
If so on labs, what should I run? Any advice on codes? Are there certain all in one panel choices that’ll save me money.for Labcorp?

You can reduce androgel a bit.
How much and how applying?

Low E2. This sucks. I do not trust that result either. Can’t take any action.

When was lab done relative to prior androgel application. FT spikes after application, especially in someone who absorbs as well as you.

Injected T would not have the same high DHT levels. DHT is great for libido.

What happened to “Nebido instead of sustanon”

AM body temperatures still low. That can explain why you do not feel right. Taking supplemental iodine?

I don’t think nebido instead of sustanon was something I mentioned.

My am is now at 98 after 10 days of iodoral.

I had been applying 60mg of androgel daily, 30am 30pm. Now I’m doing 40mg.

I can’t remember for certain, but I know I took it the night before my test, and maybe in the morning. So perhaps 10 hours prior to blood draw, small chance 10hrs and 2hrs.

I’ve read using a smaller application area can reduce aromatase to e, and conversion to dht.

Is it safe to say that my free t is accurate, and in fact quite high? What are some actual free t trt targets?

The low e2 warrants a retest yes?

Lh and fsh should be suppressed, no reason to run, right?

Shbg should be run as well, correct? Though with free t so high, idk what shbg would tell us?

Can also run dhea s.

Bio t is just loosely bound plus free t? Any reason to run this over or in addition to free t? I assume it’ll never be lower than free t.

Is the high dht a concern? I have noticed body hair growth, and my hair does seem thinner.

Odd my libido isn’t through the roof given labs, assuming t and dht are accurate.

With your T levels, lower libido can be from low or high E2. Unfortunately we do not know where E2 is. With those T levels, the very low E2 result seems bogus.

DHT will drive hair loss for those genetically predisposed for this.
Injected T leads to less DHT than transdermal methods.
Yes, less skin area means less E2 and DHT.

LH/FSH will be zero, unless there is a FSH producing testicular cancer or pituitary adinoma.

98 degrees when you wake up or mid-afternoon

FT spikes from transdermals make FT labs of limited use. Try to do labs in AM before application.
FT targets are high normal range or often higher. Individual response thing.

We usually judge SHBG status via FT, but in your case SHBG would be useful.