How To Make Money On The Side?

The question is in the title. I’ll preface this by saying I’m an 18 year old university student in England and I’m just looking for ways to find some extra disposable income, particularly over summer when I’ll have lots of spare time. A job would obviously be the best option but where I live it’s extremely hard to get any sort of low level job especially just for summer. I tried last year and will of course be this year but I’d like to have as many options as possible.

A few months ago when I had a bit more money that I do now I tried some online betting and made a profit of £25 but I found it too risky and haven’t done it since.

I appreciate any replies.

Thank you I’ll have a read of that in a little while when I get some time.

I’ve tried the Amazon Mturk one. It’s time-consuming, but you can make some money.

The best way I’ve seen for a side gig is something where you can really add value. I like flipping as opposed to reselling.

For example buy a cruddy coffee table or end table for $10 and refinish it really well and sell it for $200.

Buy a dirt bike that someone doesn’t know how to maintain and rebuild the engine.

I like these side gigs more because you can work them at 3am, there’s no customer time table to work to. You can’t cut grass or clean out apartments at 3am.

1 Like

Yeah I never thought of stuff like that, thank you. Could be very handy later in the year when I have a lot of spare time.

Painting house exteriors pays well.

Sort of a weird one…