T Nation

How to Lose More Fat Without Cutting More Calories?

Hello everyone,

I’m new to this forum and my buddy who isn’t highly recommended you guys. I have a question on working out and losing those last few body fat percentages…

At the beginning of the year I was 200lbs. I was going to the gym a couple times a week but my diet wasn’t good. I decided to boost up the gym time, joined Jiu-Jitsu and changed my diet drastically and lost a lot of weight and starting seeing some really good muscle definition. Currently I’m weighing in at 160lbs and even have a decent 6 pack going on which is amazing. I’m 38 years old and honestly in the best shape I’ve been in since high school.

My current diet (which I’ve played around with a few) is very protein heavy and I started intermittent fasting about 4 days ago. On average, I would say I eat about 200 grams of protein, 50-80 grams of fat and about 30-60 grams of carbs per day. That obviously fluctuates a bit depending on exactly what I eat every day but the macros basically balance out around there with an intake of 1800-2200 calories.

Anyway, I have plateaued when it comes to losing the last little bit of body fat. Like I said, I’m currently 160lbs and about 12% body fat. I work out at the gym about 3-4 times per week for about an hour and half and I do Jiu-Jitsu 3-4 times per week for the same time as well. I would like to maintain my current weight but I want to get my body fat percentage between 9-10%. As I’m sure you can tell, I’m at a loss on how to do it.

I’m not fatigued or tired with my current intake of food and calories but I feel like if I started to go anymore calorie deficient, then I probably would be fatigued. Does anyone have any advice on how I can obtain my goal? What should I try or change to my current diet or workouts? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!!!

1800-2200 is a 400 kcal float , over 7 days that’s 2800kcals , if you started being a little stricter and making sure your at 2000 then in another few week 1900 then another few week 1800 I’m sure youd loose the rest.
Or be happy with what you’ve achieved so far and carry on as you are if you can see your abbs and your happy with what you eat currently why change it unless your looking at stepping on stage …

2 Likes