T Nation

How to Lose Body Fat to Show Abs

hi i am wanting to know a good way to loose body fat, at the moment i go to the gym 4 times a week and do weights training mostly for my upperbody but i do, do legs 1s a week. i am currently around 10-11% body fat and have a little bit of definition around my abs but nothing major just a little bit of deinition of a 2-4pack but not alot.

i have read about abs. i currently am doing ab exercises but from what iv read the major thing is diet , i eat 3 meals with one snack a day, my usualy day is something like this,
breakfast, cerial
snack: protein shake
Lunch : ham sandwich with veg
On a workout day: protein shake after workout
tea: chicken or fish with veg

i would say im a pritty healthy eatter, so what exxercise would should i do to speed up my at loose to get my body fat down to the 7-8% where my abs will be clearly seen? because at the momented iv been going to the gym for around 2-3 months i can only see a little difference in my belly, so i think i need something extra to shift that 2-3% fat :slight_smile:
thanks
curt

5’9 136 and you wanna get down to 7%?

Wait for it…

Do you really want to LOOSE you fat?

Follow these instructions VERY carefully:

1. Log out of T-Nation account
  2. Read T-Nation articles and forum posts for at least 3 months
  3. Gain about 100lb of weight
  4. Log back into account, realise the idiocy of your first post
  5. Talk about something to do with bodybuilding, not swimwear modelling.

Oh, and eat some food, it does wonders apparently.

[quote]Gmoore17 wrote:
We don’t take kindly to your type round here[/quote]

Now Skeeter, he ain’t hurtin’ nobody!

o and i carnt realy do that 6 meal thing coz i have school so it hard to get 6 meals :confused:

TSB

Just flex harder.

this is supost to be a a muscle forum not a f**king arnold bodybuilding site, im only asking for a bit advise chill !

SQUATS AND MILK!

[quote]Null wrote:
SQUATS AND MILK![/quote]

To loose bodyfat?

Two awesome threads in the space of a week, could it happen?

This “cerial” that you mention in the breakdown of your meals…

Is it, like, totally super cerial?

Is this really how you want to look? Are you sure…?

[quote]Htowner wrote:
Is this really how you want to look? Are you sure…?[/quote]
hell no! for a starter im bigger than him, he’s well skinny, he looks to have like no muscle at all haha

LOL @ “tea time”.

[quote]curt272 wrote:
Htowner wrote:
Is this really how you want to look? Are you sure…?
hell no! for a starter im bigger than him, he’s well skinny, he looks to have like no muscle at all haha
[/quote]

Unlike you and your “english” 139lbs.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
LOL @ “tea time”.

[/quote]

wtf do u call it then?

[quote]curt272 wrote:
hi i am wanting to know a good way to loose body fat[/quote]

At 136 pounds, you don’t need to lose fat. You need to gain lean muscle. Basic math: adding muscle can make you look leaner, because the fat will be a smaller percentage of your total bodyweight.

Lightweight UFC fighter Paul Kelly, pictured above, is your height and 155 pounds in lean condition (which means he was actually closer to 165-170 pounds and then “dieted down.”) Would you say that picture is something along the lines of what you’re hoping for?

Add muscle, brother. Add muscle.

What, exactly, do you do in the gym each day: exercises, sets, and reps?

[quote]i eat 3 meals with one snack a day, my usualy day is something like this,
breakfast, cerial
snack: protein shake
Lunch : ham sandwich with veg
On a workout day: protein shake after workout
tea: chicken or fish with veg

i would say im a pritty healthy eatter[/quote]

Your eating is average for someone who doesn’t lift weights and doesn’t care how they look. Congrats, I guess.

Some nutritional reading for you:

Deadlifts, squats, power cleans, overhead presses, pull-ups, rows, close-grip presses, barbell curls… that’d be a place to start.

As I said, switching your focus away from losing bodyfat and onto gaining lean muscle will improve your physique in a much more significant way. Get started working towards that 165 pounds and good things will happen.

I want hawwwtt abs too man, I really wish that someone one here could tell me how to do it too. I want to look like an abercrombie model, not a gross freaky Ronnie Coleman.

Here is the bottom line curt. People on here are muscle-enthusiasts. At 136 pounds people on here are going to give you the following advice 1) eat, eat, eat, 2) lift heavy weights 3) repeat 1 and 2 early and often. Thats our way on this site. Trust me, if you lose another 2-3% bf youll be ripped but youll be 130 pounds.

If you throw down some food and throw around some heavy weights and get yourself up to 185-190 lbs then cut back youll be at a lean and respectable 175-180. At 5’9" that wouldnt be bad. 5’9" and 130 gets you no love though…