How to Look Like I Actually Lift

so this past year i went from a skinny fat 190 to a just plain skinny 155
and i’m tired like looking like a stick with sunken eyes.
the only good thing that came from this past year is i drastically improved my mobility,cardio and strength…but i’m still weak as fuck.
here are some stats
military press-125
squat(ass to calves) 190
deadlift-315
bench-170
dip+75x1
pullups bwx20

i would like to build a more powerful/athletic physique but i’m kinda lost on programming,just started 5/3/1 and was wondering if i could get more out of a bodybuilding routine?

i attached a pic of me from right now(in all my skinny fat glory)

Actually lift and actually eat for a longer period of time.

First, a lot of really smart dudes gave you great advice last week. If you wanted more detail, that’s fine, just ask. But I hope you at least started to implement some of what was suggested there.

Second, you should probably mention here that you didn’t “just” go from 190 to 155. You started at 155 two years ago, then went up to 190, and now back down to 155. It tells the bigger picture of your training history.

Third, every stat you just listed is 10-15 pounds different than you stated just a week ago. If you’re estimating, that’s totally cool, but tell us so we know what we’re working with.

Fourth, 5/3/1 is fine and can be used for bodybuilding, but like I pointed out to you in the other thread, Wendler himself said it should not be done with WS4SB as assistance work like you were thinking about doing.

sorry Chris, i’m very grateful for your responses.
i just wanted a little more detail in how to set up hypertrophy/bodybuilding accessory

i retested my maxes this weak(pun), atleast they’re improving haha

[quote]OHP4LIFE wrote:
i attached a pic of me from right now(in all my skinny fat glory)[/quote]
Dude, that’s not at all what I’d consider “skinny fat.” You have some decent muscle for someone your size, so if we had to label you something, plain old “skinny” would do.

Eat much and eat smart, lift plenty and be consistent, give it all time, and don’t fall back into whatever habits made you a “fat” 190.

Nail down some specific goals and get to it.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
First, a lot of really smart dudes gave you great advice last week. If you wanted more detail, that’s fine, just ask. But I hope you at least started to implement some of what was suggested there.

Second, you should probably mention here that you didn’t “just” go from 190 to 155. You started at 155 two years ago, then went up to 190, and now back down to 155. It tells the bigger picture of your training history.

Third, every stat you just listed is 10-15 pounds different than you stated just a week ago. If you’re estimating, that’s totally cool, but tell us so we know what we’re working with.

Fourth, 5/3/1 is fine and can be used for bodybuilding, but like I pointed out to you in the other thread, Wendler himself said it should not be done with WS4SB as assistance work like you were thinking about doing.[/quote]

Fifth, Justin Bieber’s lawyers will contact you for using his patented pouty face.

I am a little worried someone who looks like this considered themselves “skinny fat”…and that alone may explain quite a bit.

[quote]OHP4LIFE wrote:
i attached a pic of me from right now(in all my skinny fat glory)[/quote]
Dude, that’s not at all what I’d consider “skinny fat.” You have some decent muscle for someone your size, so if we had to label you something, plain old “skinny” would do.

Eat much and eat smart, lift plenty and be consistent, give it all time, and don’t fall back into whatever habits made you a “fat” 190.

Nail down some specific goals and get to it.

[/quote]

Thanks Chris, great article! i also found The Anti-Skinny Fat Manifesto
and set some goals, as far as nutrition i found How Bodybuilders Should Eat

[quote]Waittz wrote:

Fourth, 5/3/1 is fine and can be used for bodybuilding, but like I pointed out to you in the other thread, Wendler himself said it should not be done with WS4SB as assistance work like you were thinking about doing.[/quote]

Fifth, Justin Bieber’s lawyers will contact you for using his patented pouty face.

[/quote]

hahahah i hope not, i’m already being sued by the jonas brothers for getting their pattened poof haircut

I’m sorry, did you say something?

I got lost in your eyes.

I just wanted to let you know your efforts to look at everyone’s post history when they ask a question to get a better idea of where they’re coming from doesn’t go unnoticed. Consistently good advice, too!

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
I just wanted to let you know your efforts to look at everyone’s post history when they ask a question to get a better idea of where they’re coming from doesn’t go unnoticed. Consistently good advice, too!
[/quote]
Yes, there are always forking tools who obsess over such trifles you know, so be ever vigilant. As Colucci said, give it time, put in the work, set some goals, eat, and rest/sleep. IMO, your arms look ok given current body comp. Focus more on lower body, back, and pecs, in that order. You look like a beginner because you are; nothing to be ashamed about. You are young and full of potential.

lol

… can’t be serious.

Do you have another photo? One with a little less… ‘eyes’?

[quote]ickabodd wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
[/quote]
Yes, there are always forking tools who obsess over such trifles you know, so be ever vigilant. As Colucci said, give it time, put in the work, set some goals, eat, and rest/sleep. IMO, your arms look ok given current body comp. Focus more on lower body, back, and pecs, in that order. You look like a beginner because you are; nothing to be ashamed about. You are young and full of potential.[/quote]

didnt mean to be a tool… but thanks for the advice, i see your point.

[quote]Brett620 wrote:
lol

… can’t be serious.

Do you have another photo? One with a little less… ‘eyes’?[/quote]

haha sorry thats just how i look.
and not pouting, i just got braces.