How to Log Low Carb PWO Protocol?

I will be doing the following to experiment and see what the different effects are between this and Surge (besides taste!):

Peri-Workout:
30g BCAAs-120 cals

Post-Workout:
60g whey isolate-240 cals
40g glutamine-160 cals
20g glycine-80 cals
10g leucine-40 cals

as per CT and Charles Poliquin’s recommendations.

My question is how do I log something like this?

I was going to count everything as if it was protein and had 4 cal/g so it would end up being 640 calories. What are people’s thoughts on this or how did you log it if you have done something like this? I am just wondering if I should account for this stuff completely in my daily totals. Thanks for any help.

I would. After all, a log is recording what you do so that you can relate what you did to what you achieved.

In FitDay, for example, just create a custom food with the total number of grams of protein.

That is a lot of grams of protein now that I look at it.

[quote]andersons wrote:
I would. After all, a log is recording what you do so that you can relate what you did to what you achieved.

In FitDay, for example, just create a custom food with the total number of grams of protein.

That is a lot of grams of protein now that I look at it.[/quote]

Yeah I did that, I have the desktop version of FitDay. Tons of protein in a relatively small time frame; exactly why I asked. It would be a little more than half my daily intake (300g) which seems like a lot because that would mean I could only eat 150 grams of protein the rest of the day. After eating tons of whole food protein for a long time I crave it and I don’t get full without it. Anyway, here’s what I’m thinking during reading this post:

Count the whey isolate as protein

count the calories from glutamine/glycine/bcaas/leucine, but not as a specific macronutrient. the reason for this being they are serving the purpose of carbs and if they have relatively the same effect as carbs then my body would recognize them as carbs not as protein per se. Thoughts anyone? Thanks for the reply.

I may just say fuck it and only count the whey and see how that goes. Part of me is saying count it because obviously that’s the point of a food log, but part of me says how can a person gain fat from an albeit large whey/amino acid/creatine drink? Only way to find out is to experiment. I wonder if Bill Roberts might have any thoughts on this?

First of all, why is your daily intake of protein the same on workout and non-workout days? I’m not sure why you want to have the situation where you eat less food on workout days.

I would not count glutamine, etc., as carbs. You are using them to raise insulin (I assume), but I doubt they will raise blood sugar in the same way that sugar does. If they did work exactly the same way, there is no logical reason to use them instead of (much cheaper) sugars.