How to Live to be 100+

[quote]belligerent wrote:
I’m committing suicide on my 80th birthday. Who the hell wants to be over 80.[/quote]

Probably everyone who makes it to 79 and are still reasonably self-sufficient.

if you were given a choice to extend your life or extend your dick, which would you choose?

I think it’s more important to live the life you want, pile in as much as you can, because when the time comes all you will have are your memories.

“It’s not a shame to die doing what you love.”

• Bodi (Patrick Swayze from the movie Point Break)

[quote]WormwoodTheory wrote:
if you were given a choice to extend your life or extend your dick, which would you choose?[/quote]

Once you’ve got a wife extending your penis is only a gift for her. I’d likely ask for a few years to be cut off instead.

[quote]Nards wrote:

if you were given a choice to extend your life or extend your dick, which would you choose?[/quote]

Once you’ve got a wife extending your penis is only a gift for her. I’d likely ask for a few years to be cut off instead.[/quote]

Guess that depends on how well you chose your wife…

I just don’t want to end up a babbling idiot who’s a burden on his family. If that happens, just put a bullet in the back of my head.

Life. What the shit am I supposed to do with a 34 inch cock?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

Life. What the shit am I supposed to do with a 34 inch cock?[/quote]

Whatever the hell you want to.

When people talk about longevity, they are not talking about spending extra time as an old fart, but delaying the point at which we become old farts.

This is not about spending more years in a nursing home. It is about delaying the time you end up in the nursing home, if ever. Once a person goes into a nursing home they have on average less then a year, and nothing is going to change that.

But if anyone watched the video, showing the elderly people, these were people who still had the ability to think, and even contribute to society.

Yes, I look at some elderly people and think I don’t want to be like that. So instead of thinking of just putting a bullet into my head, I am doing something about it. In fact most of us here are doing something about it.

People get weaker as they get older, but that is only because they do not exercise properly. I believe at least half of the people using walkers would not need to if they did weight baring exercise. Also weight lifting helps build bones, preventing that broken hip from falling, or even preventing that falling in the first place.

About the research into Calorie Restricted diets, (CR) there is like 70+ years of research into CR diets in mammals. At this point it would be shocking if it did not work in Humans.

Now this type of a diet is not practical for most of us, at least not all the time. There is also some research into short term CR. At least in mice, the effects of a CR diet cause the genetic changes in just 2 weeks. It may be possible to get the benefits of a CR diet without having to follow the diet all the time.

I am convinced that a bodybuilding lifestyle and a longevity lifestyle can easily be merged.

[quote]MarvelGirl wrote:
This sounds about as appealing as Dunbar’s method of extending his life.
No thanks.[/quote]

Man I loved that book back in high school! Shit, now I’m going to have to dig out my old copy and put it on the pile of other books I don’t have time to read.