T Nation

How to Leave a Bad 'Hobby'

Hi exemple to smoke or drinking ? somethime i think to just stop to go outside for a while, i don’t know when u learn bad routine u are like in a kind of spiral that is difficult to go out of that, or something really bad happen and make u out but a lot of time u stay in this bad “spiral” i try to learn about myself and how i can leave this shit, bc i lose time and fuck my health, so maybe some peoples who have the same reflexion before can give some advice

peace

what type of addiction/bad habit/“hobby” are we talking about?

Are these hobbies tied to certain people or locations? Sometimes it isn’t the hobby itself, but the where, the who, and the why that sucks you in.

1 Like

exemple to drink a lot, i just drink in the weeknd but is enough for fuck my wek, the hobbits of drunking party, the bad lifestyle like smoke and so on

You have to address the “why” behind the drinking. If it’s to be social then you might need to stop going to those events. If you’re drinking alone then it’s probably to mask some other underlying issue like depression. If that’s the case then you need to treat the depression.

It sounds like your drinking is a response to a stimulus. You have to identify and address the stimulus.

1 Like

I know that there’s a bit of a language barrier, but categorization is important.

Hobby: my hobby is fly fishing and related stuff. If I never did it again that would suck but life would go on. Someone that likes to try a couple of craft beers every now and then could say that is their hobby too.

Habit: happens often enough that it’s incorporated into regular activity. Wind down at the end of a day, weekend pass time, etc.

Problem: Bad health effects, loved ones become upset or leave, job suffers or are lost, serious hangovers, blackouts, legal problems.

Addiction: compulsion to use, physical withdrawal if you don’t. Life altering consequences accumulate, can’t live with it, can’t live without.

So, where do you land?

hey is righ, is ok, i don’t know maybe a addiction, the best record was 4 month, when i drink is friday and saturday, never drink alone, don’t feel that i need, but when i go outside, with people, they drink, i just feel that i want drink with them, the problem is i don’t stop so iam carreful, i would like to live a different life of that, and in the same time i need.

i was hyperactif maybe that play in my caractere also, and i know that i need to understand the deep reason of why, it is like my “big fight” in this life, to be freedom of that.

it is also like i progress in the gym and when i start to come back in this shit routine i lost, and is all of the time like that, and i know more i control more the thing start to be bigger because maybe i don’t understand how manage that, how to leave that and why i do that

i want to try to learn fighting sport maybe that can make me more peaceful inside

so maybe some peoples have a close experience with addiction and they can have good advice

I’m an alcoholic/addict but have been sober for 17 years.

So, if I’m hearing you right you had 4 months no drinking.

But when you go out and are around people you want to drink with them. When you do it gets out of control, bad for your health, and the harder you try to control your drinking, the worse it gets.

Is that right?